One Sentence Movie Reviews

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Brevity is golden. Title and one line that sums up why we should or shouldn't care about the movie. It can be a standard of a more recent release. Your call.

To get it going.

The Avengers: it had the splash of summer action hits, but lacked the gravitas of the first Iron man, making it an entertaining weak sister on the order of Iron Man II.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs 3D - If you enjoy viewing squirrels through wobbly water, then this the movie for you, otherwise buy the 2D version.

Arthur Brain

Oceans 13 - The writers didn't think it through, so I'm going to apply the same ethic in this review!

Hmm, almost a semblance of wit there rag, what's up with you?

Limitless

An engrossing and intelligent film with quality performances, direction and script.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Brevity is golden. Title and one line that sums up why we should or shouldn't care about the movie. It can be a standard of a more recent release. Your call.

To get it going.

The Avengers: it had the splash of summer action hits, but lacked the gravitas of the first Iron man, making it an entertaining weak sister on the order of Iron Man II.
Wow! I saw Avengers three times at the theater, seeing it is the best comic book movie I've ever seen. Ironman was great, for sure. But I thought Avengers was even better.

Have you seen Taken 2, yet? Decent movie, but definitely a "weak sister" of the first (one of my favorite movies).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wow! I saw Avengers three times at the theater, seeing it is the best comic book movie I've ever seen. Ironman was great, for sure. But I thought Avengers was even better.

Have you seen Taken 2, yet? Decent movie, but definitely a "weak sister" of the first (one of my favorite movies).
I thought Iron Man one had a more emotionally compelling core and gravitas. I'd put it on the level of Captain America. The first half or so of the Avengers is a roller coaster of special effects, to me. They try to capture the "kill someone we like and establish the weight of motivation" gambit with the shield agent and it succeeds to some extent, though it's late in coming.

A good enough action film, but I thought it had little heart to it. Of the Marvel movies...I'd say IM2, Captain and the last X-Men were all a cut above this one as whole experience. Haven't seen the last Batman yet.

Taken 2? The trailer made me cringe. :idunno: And I liked the first one.

I'm waiting on Ender's Game, the next Bond and, of course, The Hobbit.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I enjoyed Avengers more too.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Lonesome Dove: Possibly the greatest movie of all time based on the greatest secular book of all time coupled with 2 brilliant actors, amazing character development and the single coolest named character in film or print.

If I just remove punctuation, it still counts as one sentence, right???
:D