One Sentence Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Wolf of Wall Street"

A Martin Scorsese film about a walk of depravity so satiric of yuppie culture you're surprised Tarantino didn't have a hand in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
      On paper it had the potential to be great. Christoph Waltz is outstanding in Inglorious Basterds & Django Unchained but without a decent or coherent script there's not much any actor can do. Serious letdown.
      I'd say it was a bit of a throwback to some of the older Bonds...entertaining, but like the theme song this time around, just not building to anything like what we've come to expect from this incarnation. The weakest of the Craig outings, but still entertaining...the biggest problem I had was with the romantic interest. Didn't care for the actress, thought she was given a thin and unlikable role and then the audience was supposed to believe this is the girl Bond rides off into the sunset with? I'd have it only slightly more credible if he'd driven away with Q.
      You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Spy (with Melissa McCarthy) - Unlikely, underrated, plus size woman becomes comic kick *** Bond, James Bond.

Really enjoyed it. It grossed 4 times its' production cost. Open ended allowed for sequel. I would see that.
        Proverbs 17:19 Whoever loves a quarrel loves sin

Comment

• Bridge of Spies: remember when narrative was more important than special effects...this film does.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by exminister View Post
            Spy (with Melissa McCarthy) - Unlikely, underrated, plus size woman becomes comic kick *** Bond, James Bond.

Really enjoyed it. It grossed 4 times its' production cost. Open ended allowed for sequel. I would see that.
            Recently watched her in the movie The Boss.
            She is so funny.
            I really enjoyed her Mike & Molly series too.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
            They already know monsters exist.
            We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

• The Finest Hours: let's just say a good couple.

Pro-Life

Comment

• That was the worst one sentence movie review ever.

Sounds interesting though.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                  That was the worst one sentence movie review ever.

Sounds interesting though.
                  Yeah, too many movie threads in here to go looking for just the right one.
                  I'll find one of the others and ask Sherman to move my post.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                  We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                    Yeah, too many movie threads in here to go looking for just the right one.
                    I'll find one of the others and ask Sherman to move my post.
                    Yeah, well I have the other one that's less succinct so I'm probably part of the reason. And we all do that. I've launched a Gazette in someone else's thread before, so you've got nothing on me.

Pro-Life

Comment

• The Martian

Unlike Jimmey Kimmel we have enough time for Matt Daemon.

Really enjoyed it.
                      Proverbs 17:19 Whoever loves a quarrel loves sin

Comment

• Proverbs 17:19 Whoever loves a quarrel loves sin

Comment

• Magic (1978 starring Anthony Hopkins, Ann Margaret, Burgess Meredith)

Boys shouldn't play with dolls.

Comment

• Race: touches on all the right notes, but so lightly that as with Riefenstahl's recreation of Owen's jump, it never quite feels real.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Finding Dory: worth seeing for the halibut.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: a not that fantastic film is how I found it.

Pro-Life

Comment

Working...
                                X