A Momentary Life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note to my father left earlier...

A tough day ended well. Watched the Astros win game seven. Thanks for great company, dad.
    I hope it made up for my remark earlier today (at the bank drive through line) that I was sure I heard someone say, "Woo-hoo, we're still in business!" as your check went through the pneumatic tube.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Relating a story I heard elsewhere...

A husband and wife were driving through Louisiana. As they approached Natchitoches, they decided to have lunch there, but started arguing about the pronunciation of the town's name.

They argued back a
      nd forth until they stood together at a counter where the husband asked the blonde waiting to take their order, "Could you settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are very slowly?"

The young woman leaned over the counter and said, "Burrr-gerrr Kiiing."

Pro-Life

Comment

• "When God gets us alone by affliction, heartbreak, or temptation, by disappointment, sickness, or by thwarted affection— when He gets us absolutely alone, and we are dumbfounded and cannot ask one question, then He begins to expound." Oswald Chambers

Pro-Life

Comment

• Remember, when God allows you to be a blessing, be that blessing without reservation. When he presents your efforts as a gift in someone else's life, never afterward present them a bill.

Anna, it's the one before this one.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Took the Ancestry DNA kit and the results came back today. Jack's came in yesterday.

Me - Jack

49% Ireland/Scotland/Wales - 32%
            36% European West - 15%
            6% Great Britain - 22%
            3% Scandinavian - 8%
            1% Iberian Peninsula - 12%
            1% European East - 9%
            1% Caucasus - less than 1%

Jack also has Finland/North West Russia 1%

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
              Took the Ancestry DNA kit and the results came back today. Jack's came in yesterday.

Me - Jack

49% Ireland/Scotland/Wales - 32%
              36% European West - 15%
              6% Great Britain - 22%
              3% Scandinavian - 8%
              1% Iberian Peninsula - 12%
              1% European East - 9%
              1% Caucasus - less than 1%

Jack also has Finland/North West Russia 1%

How do you do that?

And the other thing, is that I've been paying attention to the night sky recently, how the constellations move around with the seasons. Of course, it's us who are moving around, since the constellations have been the same for millennia, but it's very curious to watch the Big Dipper and Little Dipper, and now Orion, in different places in the sky than from the summer. I've also been struck at the fact that all these stars are always up there, shining down on us, and that it's only when we've rotated away from the sun that they are visible. And, that our atmosphere is crystal clear, in order for us to be able to see these stars, shining from hundreds, thousands, millions, and many millions of light years away. And finally, that in looking up at the stars in the night sky, we are not seeing the night sky, so much as we are seeing into outer space itself. And even more than that, that we are in outer space, and the only thing keeping me breathing is this crystal clear sea of air that envelops the earth, protecting us from the dark nothingness.

All of this is because I'm now taking a dog out for its night time bathroom run, and there's not much else going on out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nihilo View Post
                How do you do that?
                Saliva. You send it off and they screen it.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                  Saliva. You send it off and they screen it.
                  Oh that will be much easier, I thought it'd have to be blood. Thanks.

Comment

• In my bed listening. The owl tree fell last year. An empty silence.
                    This message is hidden because ...

Comment

• One of life's little pleasures is the other side of the pillow. I guess I've know about the other side since childhood but in the last year I really enjoy it. I always flip the pillow over right before sleeping now at it seems to help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nihilo View Post
                        How do you do that?

And the other thing, is that I've been paying attention to the night sky recently, how the constellations move around with the seasons. Of course, it's us who are moving around, since the constellations have been the same for millennia, but it's very curious to watch the Big Dipper and Little Dipper, and now Orion, in different places in the sky than from the summer.

All of this is because I'm now taking a dog out for its night time bathroom run, and there's not much else going on out there.
                        Morning's darker now;
                        The Hunter far above me
                        Walking to the pond.

Comment

• The other day I was feeling somewhat sorry for myself. Various reasons, none of which held water under scrutiny.

I went downstairs and my daughter said, "I love you, Pa." She smiled and told me that she was happy and that she loved how beautiful the sun was as it reflected off the leaves on the trees just outside our window.

Sort of put things into perspective for me. Her life is fragile, and it may well be that her illness will take her out of this world sooner rather than later. Her love of all that is good and true made me realize how blessed I am to have her in my life and how my problems are all rather small.
                          The Author of all watches over me, and I have a fine horse.

Abortion is murder. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                            One of life's little pleasures is the other side of the pillow. I guess I've know about the other side since childhood but in the last year I really enjoy it. I always flip the pillow over right before sleeping now at it seems to help.
                            Every try a chillow? Love mine.

Comment

• About 3 weeks ago, I became aware of the flat earth possibility. It was a moment I'll never forget. It is a momentary life after all. I'd like to make people aware of the possibility that evolution is wrong and is a deception of the whole world and "outer space" is not 14 billion light years (as if they "measured it") and that's LIGHT YEARS not MILES. According to scripture and growing physical and scientific evidence, many believe the earth is flat or that it's possible. You decide. A little bit of research is required.

America's flat-Earth movement appears to be growing - Daily chart

Six Celebrities Who Honestly Believe The Earth Is Flat | IFLScience

Why do people still think the Earth is flat? - BBC News

More Americans are starting to believe Earth is flat - AOL News

Last edited by patrick jane; February 19, 2018, 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Never let it be said that PJ is without a sense of humor...or at least a joke.

Anyway, had a great experience today as I found out I'm first in my graduate class.

Pro-Life

Comment

Working...
                                X