No announcement yet.

A Momentary Life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight as my son was falling asleep he asked, "Why do people talk and cats meow?"

It's a fair question.

I told him, "Because people have to learn to tell the truth."
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Remember Boaty McBoatface?

(To this day, every time I try to say Boaty McBoatface out loud, I can't do it without laughing. )

Well, they may have rejected the people's choice for the research ship, but Boaty McBoatface the research submarine is set to launch on its maiden voyage this week.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

• New all time favorite yard sign (from Japan, I believe):

Do not disturb.

Tiny grass is dreaming.

Pro-Life

Comment

• WAKE UP TINY GRASS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
            New all time favorite yard sign (from Japan, I believe):

Do not disturb.

Tiny grass is dreaming.
            Originally posted by ok doser View Post
            WAKE UP TINY GRASS!!!

The entire history of the TH/sod dynamic, summed up in two posts.

Comment

• Ran across this last night in Rousseau and thought of you anna:

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think

horace walpole

Comment

• My oldest aunt turns 94 today. Sharp as a tack and only recently gave up driving because she'd rather walk where she wants to go and be driven where she doesn't but has to. Eight children in that family spanning three decades. She was old enough to be the mother of her youngest sister. Great genes in that lot. Lost one to cancer who smoked like a chimney and still made 86. Heading to Florida today for the gathering of two lines. Should be a fine celebration.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Worst idea for Hollywood business tie-in: Fetal Attraction for an obstetrics group.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Here's the latest crop of bumper stickers from the freeways:

On a pickup: InfoWars (see, San Diego has its share of freaks...)

On a pickup completely covered in camo (with Battalion Zośka stenciled on the tailgate): I Brake For Snakes

And on a little blue compact: Still Pissed at Yoko

Comment

• Came up with the worst video game idea ever this morning talking to Jack. It's called Zombie Mamma. You play the zombie (Jack had some nice art in mind, a wide brim, straw hat askew with a flower in the band) among the waves of new zombies. Through cut scenes its revealed you're searching for a baby. You can only say, "Bay-Bay!" and "Brains!". Your weapons are a designer purse, which is actually a deadly sharp instrument, your zombie nature, and your hunger, which you have to sate regularly while humans attempt to kill you and end your quest.

What makes it the worst game ever is the ending, where if you survive the quest takes place in one of the last police stations. You fight your way to your baby only to have a cut screen look away with crunching sounds...seems it wasn't your baby after all, only your misplaced lunch.

Pro-Life

Comment

• I forgave myself and can now forgive others with light ease

Comment

Whenever I worry about the sort of world Jack will grow into I remember that my son and his fellows will be taking the reigns of that world one day and I have hope for it...Jack is the inheritor of hope. All our children should be.

But hoping for them isn't enough. It's our job to keep the world of adults from beating it out of him, from reducing his joy and his love of everyone he meets to disappointment and resignation. It's our job to model something better for him, to not be complicit in the cynicism of an age that values what we do and forgets what we are, to remind him daily that the damage we've done this world and one another is the sum of separating the two and to leave him undivided.

If we can do that for our children and our grandchildren then they can do what we failed to do in and with this world and they won't only have hope to hold onto.
                          I like this thought - can we get you and other parents working together for the glory of all our children?

Comment

• Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                            We shouldn't be reluctant to judge....as long as our motives are pure. It doesn't matter one whit what others may think, if you know in your heart you're judging rightly.
                            Titus 1:15
                            Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

I've thought of this a lot lately as I've seen so many people claiming my heart is cold...that I have no sympathy, etc. I know the state of my heart so I let those comments flow like water off a duck's back. What I will not do is let the fear of being called judgmental etc. keep me from judging rightly and speaking the truth. Sometimes it's too easy to think that time will take care of it....it's not worth the effort, but I don't think we're called to shirk our responsibility for expediency's sake. Press on toward the mark.....

Just a word of encouragement, brother.
                            Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Comment

Life boils down mostly to playing tag with death.

Eventually you're going to be it. The rest is how fast you move.
                              Not fast but mindful - do not hurry into disaster ;-0

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight View Post
                                Next year TOL will be 20 years old. It may then be time to find young and more energetic caretaker.
                                You need a(n) heir sir! Rightfully and truly trained by you! Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X