A Momentary Life...

bybee

I don't know their names these
birds at my window singing
joyful these
comforting, familiar strangers

Waking up to bird songs is a lovely way to start the day!
Then coffee with a quick glance at TOL
and check on the progress of my flowers
Then one by one my kids call me
talk to my sister
Breakfast
Tend to the needs of the day.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Waking up to bird songs is a lovely way to start the day!
Then coffee with a quick glance at TOL
and check on the progress of my flowers
Then one by one my kids call me
talk to my sister
Breakfast
Tend to the needs of the day.
As you can see that poem of sorts has already changed again...I think I mean for the thread to be relatively short, possibly poetic observations of moments in our daily lives.

In fact, now I'm sure of it and I'll go back to the OP, all of a couple of posts ago. :D Thanks for helping me crystallize my aim. Rep in transit. :thumb:

PureX

Music.

There's something about listening to music that just makes my soul jump out of my body and dance around the room.

This morning I was listening to this, in honor of "Duck" Dunn's passing.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Playing hopscotch with my niece. Trying to get my nephew to see the airplane in the sky that he can hear. Seeing his eyes light up when he finally spots it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Walking out of the sunshine into a tunnel which turned out to be long, oh so long , stretching to 8 lanes of trafffic overhead. The path in the tunnel was narrow besides the Thames and NO RAIL.

Soon it became inky black so that I could not see my hand in front of my face, it was one of a few times I have been terrified. I felt my way along the tunnel wall longing to run with all my might to get out but was so afraid I took dolly steps instead....oh it was long tunnel.

It seemed an age before a tiny pinhole of light appeared far, far ahead. As I got closer the light became larger and I was able to go faster and faster until I was giving full vent to the panic I was in and was running headlong to get out of that dreadful place.

When I emerged back into the sunshine, there was a commotion in the tall grass against the wall and I went to investigate, lo it was a blackbird fledgeling, still sticky and obviously he had come to grief against the wall on his first flight, he was too concerned preening himself to notice me but yoweech I loved him and stretched out my hand to pick him up....' course he saw me and with a shrill was off, up and away over the river.

Now God spoke to me "just as you saw all that surrounded the blackbird so God sees everything that concerns you, nothing can come into your life unless I have permitted it. the love you felt was like My love...but how would you react if your eyes were opened and you saw God as He is?"

PureX

Going into the workshop in the morning, with a project half finished and waiting for me on the table. The smell of the wood dust and the pleasure of thinking through the next steps of the process. The glow of the propane heater as it takes the edge off the coolness of the morning air.

A mind with hands and a purpose, would be a terrible thing to waste.

Last edited:

bybee

Going into the workshop in the morning, with a project half finished and waiting for me on the table. The smell of the wood dust and the pleasure of thinking through the next steps of the process. The glow of the propane heater as it takes the edge off the coolness of the morning air.

A mind with hands and a purpose, would be a terrible thing to waste.

On the eastern trellis
I plant morning glories
in honor of my grandmother.

Reactions: Lon

Son of Jack

An Evening Walk

The soft, warm sound of a late Spring Mississippi evening
The thick, rhythmic clunk of a walking stick on pavement
The sound of a little girl when she says,
"Daddy, you're my hero."

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Still waters run deep...
Still water is smooth as glass,
Still water won't tell what the deep water knows.

Something like that? I think it something I remembered from long ago.

Last edited:

Son of Jack

The occasional ring of aluminum
Making solid contact
Little boys playing in the grass
Hats and gloves and sweat and smiles
Coach pitch baseball at its best

dreadknought

As you can see that poem of sorts has already changed again...I think I mean for the thread to be relatively short, possibly poetic observations of moments in our daily lives.....
:think:

I awoke on a cool morn
and crawled outside
I stood and looked around the land
then raised my head to the sky

I began to wander
in such natural beauty
a Dogwood, an Apple tree
I'm blown away by the sights before me

I turn down a path going down
side to side so many different trees
going down to a fishing hole
a beauty forcing me to my knees

the leaves reflecting the early morning light
casting shadows and images on the water
most beautiful, tranquil and inviting
hmmm.... this place needs a photographer

I reach in my bag
and pull out a camera
taking picture after picture
giving thanks to Jehovah Jira

Spoiler
path%2520to%2520pond.JPG

100_1721.JPG

100_1741.JPG

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Today they're burying a favorite cousin. When we were kids they called her Debbie, but to me she was "Bugs". She bore that typically childish expression of affection with grace and good humor. But then, she was three years older and much wiser than I could have hoped to be.

Thinking of her, I can tell you she was kind and generous, that she was good, patient and true, that her inward beauty dwarfed an outward blessing that should have sparked envy, but couldn't if you knew her.

We hadn't spoken in years. Time and life will do that. But every time her name was mentioned I had to smile and think of my friend and wish her the sort of life her heart merited. Well, life is rarely that kind, but I have to believe she found her measure of happiness. Knowing what I do about her I can't believe otherwise.

She leaves behind a loving family, both near and far.

I could say any number of things about Deb, but it wouldn't do her justice. There isn't time. So instead a simpler epitaph, the weight of which pins me to the ground today even as they lower a shadow of her into it.

I loved her, as everyone who knew her must. She will be missed.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This may seem a bit morbid and dark...

A Momentary Life

When we our oldest had passed away this past August (2012), at the visitation for Thomas as we stood there looking at our son laying motionless, there came to my mind the hymn, "Safe In The Arms Of Jesus," and I answered silently, "Yes, Lord, amen."

Thus it was settled, a "defining moment" in "A Momentary Life."