All Things Jack

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So, took Jack's measurements today. He's three months shy of his fourth birthday and he's over an inch taller than the average five year old. :) And he's reading at a good clip, already. Looked at a book I was thumbing through yesterday and asked me, "What's a time mechanic do?"

Proud? Yeah. I think I might have to spend my life living in his shadow.

That's a happy thought.

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
I leave for a long time and Jack is all grown up! Handsome little dude :) hope all is well, TH!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I leave for a long time and Jack is all grown up! Handsome little dude :) hope all is well, TH!
Maxi! :) Great to see you. I hope you and your little ones are having as much fun as I am with my Jack. Great to see you about the place.

Yes, he is a long eyelashed heart breaker. We were at Chick fil A the other day and a gaggle of older girls were playing with him in the playground. They took a selfie with him and declared to my wife that he was "ridiculously cute".

I'm going to have to keep both eyes on that one. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There's nothing quite like the joy of taking a surprise photo on a trip to the store...especially while you're driving. :shocked:

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
Maxi! :) Great to see you. I hope you and your little ones are having as much fun as I am with my Jack. Great to see you about the place.

Yes, he is a long eyelashed heart breaker. We were at Chick fil A the other day and a gaggle of older girls were playing with him in the playground. They took a selfie with him and declared to my wife that he was "ridiculously cute".

I'm going to have to keep both eyes on that one. :D

We are! Lili is now 6.5 and Lucy is 2.5. They adore each other, even though they are completely opposite. It never ceases to amaze me how different my girls are. They're a blast. Lili is reading now and Lucy just talks and talks and talks. Oh! And we're adding baby #3 in September!

Ha, keep your eyes on him for sure ;) he is absolutely adorable!!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We are! Lili is now 6.5 and Lucy is 2.5. They adore each other, even though they are completely opposite. It never ceases to amaze me how different my girls are. They're a blast. Lili is reading now and Lucy just talks and talks and talks. Oh! And we're adding baby #3 in September!

Ha, keep your eyes on him for sure ;) he is absolutely adorable!!
Hey, very happy for you and congrats in advance on number three. :)

Latest Jack story. He comes home from preschool with a really hard rash on his backside. I'm trying to figure out what caused it when his mother tells me he told her that he had to use the bathroom at school and was proud of using the wipes there...so I ask him where he got them. He said they were in the bathroom and he had to climb to get them.

You probably see where this is going, but anyway, his mother asks him what the wipes container looked like and he said it was tall and round, not like ours. Then I ask him if he remembers what was written on the round container and he says, "It said disinfectant. What's that mean?"

:plain: Mystery solved...and another month and a half and he's four. I may not survive it. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So my mom is trying to get Jack to do numbers.

She says, "What's after three, Jack?" and "What's after six?"

That sort of thing.

Jack goes along for a bit then eventually stops and asks her, "Don't you know how to count?"