Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
RSF: Human & Dino Footprints are Real

This is the show from Friday March 25th, 2011.

SUMMARY:

* Lengthy Dinosaur and Human Footprint Trails
: Real Science Friday host Bob Enyart concludes that the leading biblical creation ministries should once again acknowledge the validity of the contemporaneous human and dinosaur footprint fossils. The scientist who debunked the claimed 2010 sighting of Noah's Ark, Dr. Don Patton, talks to Bob Enyart about his work excavating the longest dinosaur footprint tracks in North America, and about the human foot prints in and around those dinosaur prints! See the footprints at bible.ca/tracks.

* Dr. Patton Helped Excavate the Pool of Siloam
: This geologist and archaeological excavator has worked professionally in more than a dozen countries and helped excavate the historically and biblically important Pool of Siloam in Jerusalem (which discovery tied into a major debate that Bob Enyart was involved in at the time).

Today’s Resource: Get a science DVD, book, or written, audio or video debate from us and this will help BEL continue to reach people with our Real Science Friday broadcasts! Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Or to order call BEL at 1-800-8Enyart.

* Special Editions of Real Science Friday:
- BEL's famous List of Not-So-Old Things
- Bob's debate with Christian Darwinist British author James Hannam
- PZ Myers blogs against Real Science Friday so we hit back with the PZ Trochlea Challenge
- Waiting for Darwin's Other Shoe: Science mag cover: Darwin Was Wrong on the Tree of Life
- Microbiologist in Studio: Creation Research Society Quarterly editor on new genetic findings
- Caterpillar Kills Atheism: describe how a bug could evolve to liquefy itself and then build itself into a flying creature
- And see the RSF Offer of $2,000 to get 16 letters of the alphabet in their correct places; $500 paid in 1998; $1,500 in 2010...

For our RSF Friends: in case you miss other BEL programs, here are some of the atheists Bob Enyart has debated:
- ABC's Reginald Finley, called The Infidel Guy, from ABC's Wife Swap program; 3-26-07;
- TheologyOnLine's psychologist Zakath in a 10-round moderated written online debate, also available in soft cover;
- John Henderson who wrote the book God.com 6-15-2006;
- Leading anti-creationist Eugenie Scott of the Nat'l Center for Science Education, exhumed 5-6-05;
- Michael Shermer, an editor with Scientific American and the Skeptic Society who in this famous 73-second excerpt on BEL denied that the sun is a light, illustrating that it's tough debating atheists when they're hesitant to admit to even the most obvious common ground. 8-28-03

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Went to the link (bible.ca/tracks.) but was not able to see any human foot prints or read anything about them being found in that article?

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
:mock: Lightbringer's search skills.

:)

Always liked your methods Stripe.... how about you or jefferson posting the specific photo...I read the article and it didn't mention any human foot prints..it didn't show any specific photos of the human footprint as it did the Dinosaur prints.

Alate_One

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/welcome.htm

this should take you to the index or menu picture or whatever it is called

20080731DinosaurFootAlvis.jpg

Yeah . . . THAT doesn't look carved. :chuckle: Whoever did it apparently used a plastic dinosaur model as what they thought a dinosaur print looks like. :rotfl: (Not to mention the overall weirdness of the human print being at the same depth and also nearly flat)

Here's a real one . . .
dinosaur-footprints-798024.jpg

Here's a Detailed critique of the fake

Seriously, you guys need to actually analyze and look at "evidence" you're choosing to use rather than taking anything that looks like it supports your position as 100% accurate.

Last edited:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Slice 139 shows that the depth of the human toe to be proximately 3/4 that of the Dinosaur?

Does this indicate an extremely heavy human or and extremely light weight Dinosaur?

Has any forensic organization done a reconstruction on the human imprint to show the approximate size of the human?

Has any organization identified what Dinosaur this print came from, and done a reconstruction of the Dinosaur to show its approximate size?

Why didn't the original article mention a human imprint?

I would need a lot more information before making a decision on this.

Frayed Knot

By the way I've been to the Paluxy River and stood in its dinosaur tracks many times.

I just love this human-footprints-with-dinosaurs business, because it so clearly helps us separate the merely misinformed creationists from the hopelessly stupid and truly insane ones. And with this fossil linked above, the dishonest ones as well.

Some of the actual footprints that the creationists say look like human prints are 24 to 30 inches long. So does Dr Carl Baugh claim that even these are human prints? Why yes, as a matter of fact, he does. You see, in the olden days, the atmosphere had way more oxygen so humans grew to giant size. He even has a big chamber at his "museum" outside of Glen Rose, to try to show how high pressure and oxygen content can result in giant organisms.

He actually believes that humans grew so big that their feet were as long as my coffee table! Tell me that's not a sign of insanity.

Dr.Watson

20080731DinosaurFootAlvis.jpg

Yeah . . . THAT doesn't look carved. :chuckle: Whoever did it apparently used a plastic dinosaur model as what they thought a dinosaur print looks like. :rotfl: (Not to mention the overall weirdness of the human print being at the same depth and also nearly flat)

Here's a real one . . .
dinosaur-footprints-798024.jpg

Here's a Detailed critique of the fake

Seriously, you guys need to actually analyze and look at "evidence" you're choosing to use rather than taking anything that looks like it supports your position as 100% accurate.

Also note how short the stride length is for footprints of that magnitude. The length looks human. Obvious fakes.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some of the actual footprints that the creationists say look like human prints are 24 to 30 inches long.
Do you have the reference on these 24 inch long prints? I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to read about them.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Some of the actual footprints that the creationists say look like human prints are 24 to 30 inches long. So does Dr Carl Baugh claim that even these are human prints? Why yes, as a matter of fact, he does. You see, in the olden days, the atmosphere had way more oxygen so humans grew to giant size. He even has a big chamber at his "museum" outside of Glen Rose, to try to show how high pressure and oxygen content can result in giant organisms.

Except for a minor thing, humans are basically designed to breath air that has a partial pressure of oxygen at 0.21 Bar...as the partial pressure of oxygen goes up, Oxygen Toxicity starts at the lower levels of 0.30.

High pressure and oxygen content over 0.30 Bars will cause, at the lower levels, a human to be dazed, show lip twitching, vertigo, diaphragm spasms and sever nausea at 6 minutes and will become worse with more time or higher partial pressures of oxygen leading eventually to death!

Frayed Knot

Do you have the reference on these 24 inch long prints? I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to read about them.

My estimate of the 24 inch-long tracks was from my experience of standing in them. But I found this reference:
http://paleo.cc/paluxy/tsite.htm

"When the digits are well preserved, these metapodial tracks typically range from 21 to 27 inches in length; when the digits are obscured they range between 15 and 20 inches in length (not surprisingly, the same size range as the reported 'giant man tracks'). Although these metapodial dinosaur tracks in Glen Rose have been overlooked or misidentified by most researchers for decades, they are fairly common in the Paluxy area, and in my opinion are probably the source of the initial rumors of 'giant man tracks' in the Paluxy many years ago."

Explaining the giant size of the tracks is why Carl Baugh is building the hyperbaric chamber at his Creation Evidence Museum. Baugh, remember, is the source of many of the claims cited on this episode of BEL. How crazy is Baugh? Read this page, which explains the crystalline canopy that separated the waters above the Earth from those below (as mentioned in Genesis):
http://184.154.224.5/~creatio1/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=74&Itemid=29

That's some serious crazy there, and it's the kind of source that Enyart and Williams find credible!

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
What anatomy changes would be necessary for human to breath air with a substantially higher oxygen content?

Good question! I've never even looked into that, but since one of the maladies of higher oxygen content is the burning of the alveoli ( air sac in the lungs) so I guess the coating on the alveoli (surfactant) would need to be heavier? That's only a guess on my part, I'll ask my doctor next week if I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.