Real Science Friday: Human & Dino Footprints are Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealeaf

Did I mis read or did they claim this was a print in "lime stone"? Legitimate dino prints are in mud stones produced on mud flats and shallow lake bottoms. Lime stones are produced from the deposit of microscopic shells from plasnkton and are products of the deep ocean. No dinos would be walking around on them when they were soft.

I go on record as thinking that the "human " print looks way too perfect to be real. I'm not convinced the dino print is real either. I note that the clime is that the rock was found loose, that is not in its original matrix. That alone makes me suspicious. I have seem real dino track in situ. They are not found as isolated tracks but as long trails of footprints. Any real human who was there at the same time whould leave a trail too. Where are the rest of this human's foot prints? Actually where are the foot prints of his whole tribe? Humans would not be existing as isloated individuals.

Oh incidently I am a Christian and objectr strongly to being lumped in with the fundy crazies and liars.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did I mis read or did they claim this was a print in "lime stone"? Legitimate dino prints are in mud stones produced on mud flats and shallow lake bottoms. Lime stones are produced from the deposit of microscopic shells from plasnkton and are products of the deep ocean. No dinos would be walking around on them when they were soft.
They must be fake then. :idunno:

Either that or you need to seriously address your ideas on rock formation.

It's also possible you've misread the description. :)

I go on record as thinking that the "human " print looks way too perfect to be real. I'm not convinced the dino print is real either. I note that the clime is that the rock was found loose, that is not in its original matrix. That alone makes me suspicious. I have seem real dino track in situ. They are not found as isolated tracks but as long trails of footprints. Any real human who was there at the same time whould leave a trail too. Where are the rest of this human's foot prints? Actually where are the foot prints of his whole tribe? Humans would not be existing as isloated individuals.
Sounds like you've some work to do. :)

Oh incidently I am a Christian and objectr strongly to being lumped in with the fundy crazies and liars.
Who is crazy or a liar? :idunno:

Frayed Knot

A dino walked in some mud. The tracks are still here today. How did that happen?

By shifting to a different subject, I assume that you're conceding the point that there are no tracks of humans and dinosaurs together. I'm willing to move on, but I'd like to get agreement on that point first.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
Anatomy and
physiology...form and
function?
What do you think was
different about early
humans as far as their
anatomy is concerned? Are
you implying that you
believe in the Man from Ape
theory, or do you believe
man had his own
evolutionary tree to climb
as a separate and distinct
species?-------Lightbringer. Yes permo - triassic man had very different form and function from modern homo sapiens. He also had different form and function from proterozoic man and carboniferous man. Yes human have evolved but it was not from any ape ancestor. All of the forms they have ever had were quite distinct from any other primate. The reason is say their form and function was radically different in the past is that they had to live in radically different environments. The oxygen issue is only one of many such factors. Carboniferous concentrations of oxygen would poison modern man. Late permian conditions would suffocate modern man. To avoid further confusion, I reduce the 2.5 billion years since the start of the proterozoic to around only 200,000 years. That was the beginning of earth's recolonization started by noah.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
voltaire said:
Lightbringer. Yes permo - triassic man had very different form and function from modern homo sapiens. He also had different form and function from proterozoic man and carboniferous man.

That was my question...what do you see as the difference in anatomy?

Yes human have evolved but it was not from any ape ancestor. All of the forms they have ever had were quite distinct from any other primate. The reason is say their form and function was radically different in the past is that they had to live in radically different environments. The oxygen issue is only one of many such factors.

That's a given, the oxygen issue!

Carboniferous concentrations of oxygen would poison modern man. Late permian conditions would suffocate modern man.

So am I to understand that you feel the difference in their anatomy was just their ability to survive in an oxygen rich or an oxygen poor environment? Or do you believe that the differences in oxygen levels didn't happen as science describes it?

Any other differences?

To avoid further confusion, I reduce the 2.5 billion years since the start of the proterozoic to around only 200,000 years. That was the bigenning of earth's recolonization started by noah.

So, the Bible is the basis for your change to the time line of earths evolution?

If so, why not the time period of young earth creationists of 6,000? years?

God's creation (all that we see and that we are not able to see, yet!) has evolved in a manner that has left us many clues and evidence as to how it developed, so that when God's latest and greatest creation (man) has had the time to understand his environment, he may be able to live within God's universe, advance his understanding to the point of continued progress and not follow the path of destruction.

Just my take on it!

As to the thread "Human and Dino footprints", it looked as if someone was trying to fool every one, especially when the article was found that stated it was!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought you weren't talking to me. :idunno:

I ... won't be responding to Stripe.

Oh well. :)

By shifting to a different subject, I assume that you're conceding the point that there are no tracks of humans and dinosaurs together.
Dino tracks is a different subject from dino tracks and human tracks? :confused:

Man, you atheists are weird! :chuckle:

I'm willing to move on, but I'd like to get agreement on that point first.
We're still discussing it. Or, at least, I am. It seems most of you have decided that this must be a hoax from the get-go. Not sure why. Why should there be such automatic exclusion of the possibility that humans and dinos lived together? Why not a little open-mindedness and civil-minded investigation? :idunno:

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
'Creation' is a minority view held by Christians.

:up:

While it isn't the gospel, it is evidence of belief. You either believe God or you don't. There is no in between, which is why Christians are in the minority.

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

The Lord Jesus Christ was speaking of divine righteousness versus self righteousness, but the point is the majority are actually wrong.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:squint:

What does this thread have to do with evolution? :idunno:

A dino walked in some mud. The tracks are still here today. How did that happen?

The earth split causing the fountains of the great deep to burst open. In a panic, he ran for his life not knowing what was going on.

Frayed Knot

While it isn't the gospel, it is evidence of belief. You either believe God or you don't. There is no in between, which is why Christians are in the minority.

Wait wait. You mean in the US? I realize that Christianity is in the minority world-wide, but in the US, 75-80% of the people are Christian.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Wait wait. You mean in the US? I realize that Christianity is in the minority world-wide, but in the US, 75-80% of the people are Christian.

You mean, those that claim to be Christian, closer observation with the "True" Christian standard would reveal a much lower percentage...or at least that's what many Christians at TOL tell me.:dizzy:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Nope, in the world. The Lord Jesus Christ said that few will find him. Many try to find him and are lost. His words.

Arthur Brain

:up:

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

The Lord Jesus Christ was speaking of divine righteousness versus self righteousness, but the point is the majority are actually wrong.

Look dude, you calling other people brainless is just an absolute joke. You can't even understand that an allegorical reading doesn't equate to disbelieving God. So as so typical with blind fundamentalism, you ignore everything that clearly opposes a rigid literal understanding including science, culture, the audience at the time and everything else. The majority once thought the earth was flat. You know what shattered that misconception? Yup, science.

:plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.