This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob,

Several people, including myself, have pointed out that display.exe does not run after it is installed using several operating systems. I got an error running Vista.

How can we assess if your software does what you say it can do if we cannot run the software?
    "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by elohiym View Post
      Bob,

Several people, including myself, have pointed out that display.exe does not run after it is installed using several operating systems. I got an error running Vista.

How can we assess if your software does what you say it can do if we cannot run the software?
      This is just an exercise in faith, elo. Blessed are those who believe without seeing.

Comment

• Originally posted by elohiym View Post
        Bob,

I think that's been fairly well documented.

Bob told me he had only tried it on Windows 7, and he didn't know why it didn't run on other versions of Windows. I'm sure he is looking into it and will let us know when he releases an update.

Yet to more specifically answer your question.... you can't assess the software if you can't get it to run on your system. So... I guess, until a update has been released you will just have to enjoy our fellowship in discussing the possibilities of such a software or ignore this thread altogether.
        Last edited by Knight; January 12th, 2010, 02:33 PM.
        Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
        TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

• Proof of concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flipper View Post
            :squint:

That was no sort of proof and a weird sort of concept.
            Where is the evidence for a global flood?
            E≈mc2
            "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
            -Bob B.

Comment

• There's a working example of the program now.

http://kgov.com/Display.exe (not a direct link to the program)

Not sure if anyone here noticed this yet. Does it affect anyone's thoughts on the issue?
              James 3:17
              But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike C. View Post
                Not sure if anyone here noticed this yet. Does it affect anyone's thoughts on the issue?
                Does exactly what it was claimed to do.
                E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

• So we have a program whose functions are fantastical, poorly defined with misused terms and which we have to take on faith, from a guy who uses his position of power to promote, leveraging his reputation as a leader, even though it must be apparent to anyone who looks that it is a fraud.

Is this a metaphor for an atheist's view of religion?

Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

Comment

• Originally posted by gcthomas View Post
                    So we have a program whose functions are fantastical, poorly defined with misused terms and which we have to take on faith, from a guy who uses his position of power to promote, leveraging his reputation as a leader, even though it must be apparent to anyone who looks that it is a fraud.

Is this a metaphor for an atheist's view of religion?

It's tired, one way or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcthomas View Post
                      So we have a program whose functions are fantastical, poorly defined with misused terms and which we have to take on faith, from a guy who uses his position of power to promote, leveraging his reputation as a leader, even though it must be apparent to anyone who looks that it is a fraud.Is this a metaphor for an atheist's view of religion?
                      Bit hard of reading, aren't you?
                      E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                        Bit hard of reading, aren't you?
                        Can I add that inanity to the 'stripe program' responses? it's a great one!

Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

Comment

• I just went to that link and put in some numbers. I'm confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmoney View Post
                            I just went to that link and put in some numbers. I'm confused.
                            Numbers will do that.
                            Everyman is a voice in the dark.

Comment

• Originally posted by fool View Post
                              Numbers will do that.

I don't see how the output of the program does what Bob said it would do. It appears to just be creating a picture out of pixels.

Comment

• I see what the program does now. It just takes a document of some fixed size and it systematically goes through and alternates every single pixel one at a time, until it has exhausted all pixel combinations. By doing so you iterate through every single possible image that could fit onto that area - meaning book pages, sheet music, source code, etc.

An interesting little program but I don't think it demonstrates the finiteness of man's creativity. All it really demonstrates is the finiteness of how many different images can be produced over a given area with a specific resolution. And it seems to be black and white only at that - so it can't reproduce works of art, which are a major area of human creativity. Granted, it would not be terribly difficult to rewrite the program so that it alternates through all color combinations as well.
                                If you have material wealth, but do not give to those in need, then the love of God is not in you. Whatever you have done for the least of these you have done for HIM. To give to the poor is to lend to the LORD.

Comment

Working...
                                X