Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Van Impe has been saying the end is soon for decades based on observing modern events. We have to be careful not to read the newspaper back into prophecy. Every generation of Christians for 2000 years (including Paul) thought the return was near. His return is imminent. It could happen anytime. We should not speculate too much. It certainly is nearer than it was yesterday.
    Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
    I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA
      IT IS 2005

Only 7 years left till the year 2012 AD.

Are you ready to meet your MAKER ????????????
      In the Bible, false prophets were put to death. Do you give us permission to execute you if you are wrong?
      Put that in your pipe and chew it.

Comment

Jesus said it was not for us or even Him to know just when the return would be so the effort to find out is a vain one. We will not know. There is a legitamate hint though. All the end times prophesys are about Isreal. For years Christians convinced themselves that the prophesys were really about them. Isreal was destroyed. The Jews were scattered. So Chrisendom was the "new" Isreal. But what do we know, now Isreal is a nation again after 2000 years. So maybe we should just trust God to do what He said He would do? It is all about Isreal. The Jews are the chosen people. Now that there is an Isreal the show can begin.
        "Not everything that is clever, is true."

- - St Ephiram of Syria - -

Comment

Originally posted by wholearmor
          Then you obviously wouldn't mind signing papers stating you are turning all your possessions over to me in 2012 since you won't be needing them any longer.
          Omega?

7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Mountain Time

Comment

Originally posted by godrulz
            Jack Van Impe has been saying the end is soon for decades based on observing modern events. We have to be careful not to read the newspaper back into prophecy. Every generation of Christians for 2000 years (including Paul) thought the return was near. His return is imminent. It could happen anytime. We should not speculate too much. It certainly is nearer than it was yesterday.
            How do you know? Maybe God moved it back a day?

Comment

Originally posted by wholearmor
              Then you obviously wouldn't mind signing papers stating you are turning all your possessions over to me in 2012 since you won't be needing them any longer.
              Still waiting for an answer, Omega.

Comment

Omega's good for comic relief, anyway.

Edgar Whisenant, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Imrahil
                  In the Bible, false prophets were put to death. Do you give us permission to execute you if you are wrong?
                  You won't lay a hand on him until after I collect the $500.00 and a kiss on the bare backside that he's gonna owe me on 01/01/2013.

Then parboil him, for all I care.

Comment

Originally posted by billwald
                    Most every predictor says 2012 because it is the end of the Mayan calandar and other good reasons.
                    I understand that psychics and remote viewers can't see any further into the future than that...

Comment

Originally posted by Sealeaf
                      Jesus said it was not for us or even Him to know just when the return would be so the effort to find out is a vain one. We will not know. There is a legitamate hint though. All the end times prophesys are about Isreal. For years Christians convinced themselves that the prophesys were really about them. Isreal was destroyed. The Jews were scattered. So Chrisendom was the "new" Isreal. But what do we know, now Isreal is a nation again after 2000 years. So maybe we should just trust God to do what He said He would do? It is all about Isreal. The Jews are the chosen people. Now that there is an Isreal the show can begin.

Really... It's all about God. He doesn't have to follow any plan made for or by anybody, Christian or Jew. Pegging prophesy to specific, people, places is a very risky business.

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15.13

Comment

IT IS 2005

Say, OMEGA, if I were to offer you $50 for everything you own, and have legal documents drawn up to the effect that I would not take possesion until 2013, would you do it?

Comment

"All the end times prophesys are about Isreal. For years Christians convinced themselves that the prophesys were really about them."

Lots of years. Until J.N. Darby invented pre-mil, pre trib theology in the 19th century. All the main line denominations are amil or post mil. None require practicing Jews in their theology.

Comment

Omega, when are you gonna hand over all your worldy goods and find a mountaintop to sit on?

Unless, of course, you're hedging your bets...

Comment

I do think the events are leading us quickly to the Lord's return, but I have to agree with Godrulz (and others) that speculating on exact dates is not important and that we should stay busy reaching the lost until He comes!!
                              Only the Gospel Saves

Comment

IT IS 2005

No, but I'm willing to share a bit of Maker's Mark with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X