Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosenritter

The speed of light tells us something about the minimum of the age of the Suns, stars, galaxies etc that omit the light.

But in Bibliolatry everything is 6,000 years old so something is wrong with science.

How does the speed of light tell us about the minimum age of anything, Caino?

redfern

Jose is a bit forgetful. I have given concise definitions.
Be that as it may for Jose Fly, but humor me. Would you give a concise definition for me (or post a link to where you have done so before)?
… genetic info is DNA containing complex specified instructions. Both evolutionist and creationist geneticists 'measure' loss of genetic info when they recognize there is a loss of fitness/ loss of variation / loss of viability.
Is that the definition?

redfern

Darwin did not fully understand selection...
Nobody does, but it is understood how selection can favor novel traits that show up in a population.
Selection only eliminates pre-existing information; it does not create new info.
That is something you repeat rather regularly. I don’t dispute that, and unless you can show me that Darwin thought that selection created new info, then I don’t see that as having any relevance on Darwin’s credibility.
Darwin may or may not have understood that…
Don’t you think it best that you find out before you go on implying he was unaware that selection only selects? My gosh, he wrote several large volumes on these ideas. Have you read them?
…but he seemed to think there was no limits to selection. Any plant or animal breeder knows there are limits to selection.
Are the limits you allude to due to limitations imposed by selection, or are they limits imposed by a lack of novelty on which selection can act?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are the limits you allude to due to limitations imposed by selection, or are they limits imposed by a lack of novelty on which selection can act?

The limits are imposed by the idea that random changes to a genome are at play in a process to add information.

Ignoring the fact that information cannot arise via random changes, a genome is limited in the amount of stress it can withstand before it cannot function. Random changes to the genome can occur up to a point where the alterations kill the host. And in a scale from "no change" to "fatal change(s)," the integrity of information always degrades.

Darwinists necessarily believe that within this limit to change, novel information can arise. However, they tend to ignore the constraints on their imagined system, preferring to believe that the possibilities are endless.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The limits are imposed by the idea that random changes to a genome are at play in a process to add information.

Ignoring the fact that information cannot arise via random changes, a genome is limited in the amount of stress it can withstand before it cannot function. Random changes to the genome can occur up to a point where the alterations kill the host. And in a scale from "no change" to "fatal change(s)," the integrity of information always degrades.

Darwinists necessarily believe that within this limit to change, novel information can arise. However, they tend to ignore the constraints on their imagined system, preferring to believe that the possibilities are endless.

Dear Stripe,

Sounds very truthful and plausible. Thanks for being there with insight into the situation!!

Peace,

Michael

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No... What you did is show a picture of a mandible.
First I provided an entire list of various skulls, then I provided one in particular, then I provided a very specific mandible but you are bluffing because all the you have is faith in a story written by some old preachers.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I haven't seen a million year old mandible yet. Nor have I heard you explain why you think a mandible is 1000000 years old.

Because you are blind in the same way, and for the same reasons that the Jews are blind, stubborn religious pride.

gcthomas

You've been observing the speed of light for a few billion years? Wow. You're older than I thought.

Goodness, you are really arguing out of ignorance here, aren't you?

Since light has a speed, then the emission of that light happened in the past compared to when you observe it. The further away the emission, then the further you are looking -- you are directly observing the past. Distant stars and galaxies emit exactly the same ratios of frequencies for their emission and absorption spectra as for substances in the lab, and since these frequencies are influenced by the speed of light you can deduce directly that the speed of light hasn't changed.

You can also see how quickly light travels at the light from a supernova or a star instability spreads out and illuminates the surrounding gas clouds. Distance divided by time equals speed. And since these objects are at different distances, you can plot how fast light was over a wide range of past dates.

And they are all the same.

6days

Do you know how astrophysicists determine the age of the universe?
They don't determine the age. Most accept the prevailing paradigm and interpret results accordingly. There are also astronomers and astrophysicists though who interpret the data and 'determine' that we live in a young universe.

gcthomas

They don't determine the age. Most accept the prevailing paradigm and interpret results accordingly. There are also astronomers and astrophysicists though who interpret the data and 'determine' that we live in a young universe.

Astronomers make the observations and aren't involved in age determinations.
Astrophysicists model the behaviour of objects, such as stars and galaxies, and they use nuclear physics to calculate the ages of stars which would predict properties that match astronomers' observations.
Cosmologists are looking at the behaviour of the universe as a whole, and their age determinations are made using observations of expansion rates, the spherical geometry of the universe and the finer power spectrum details of the cosmic background radiation.

I am sure that there are more cosmologists called Steve who determine billions of years than there are cosmologists or astrophysicists who believe that the data shows a young universe.

You are puffing with wishful thinking again. Look at the data: what is there in the astrophysics/cosmology world that does not require an old universe?

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Only astronomers and astrophysicists whose judgment has been contaminated by superstition. They aren't real scientist at all, they are biased hacks. They first have a YEC faith, then look for ways to bend facts to fit such a perverted reality. It's like relying on a White House spokesman to get the truth.

6days

Exactly! Breeders can't tweak add novel change to a turnip to become a human, as Dawkins suggests when he calls them our distant cousins.
The savior of evolutionists, novel change, is overwhelmingly deleterious and slowly accumulates in genomes. Novel change leads to genetic problems. Selection is impotent at recognizing and removing the vast majority of these harmful 'saviors'.

Hawkins

Goodness, you are really arguing out of ignorance here, aren't you?

Since light has a speed, then the emission of that light happened in the past compared to when you observe it. The further away the emission, then the further you are looking -- you are directly observing the past. Distant stars and galaxies emit exactly the same ratios of frequencies for their emission and absorption spectra as for substances in the lab, and since these frequencies are influenced by the speed of light you can deduce directly that the speed of light hasn't changed.

You can also see how quickly light travels at the light from a supernova or a star instability spreads out and illuminates the surrounding gas clouds. Distance divided by time equals speed. And since these objects are at different distances, you can plot how fast light was over a wide range of past dates.

And they are all the same.

By Einstein's relativity, when 2 beams of light running towards each other with the speed of light their relative speed is still the speed of light.

When 2 cars running towards each other with the same speed, the relative speed doubles.

It shows that we humans don't actually understand the nature of light. We apply to the formula distance = speed x time only under a big assumption that time itself is 'stable' as we can comprehend and speculate. However, as Einstein put it, time is actually not a stable unit but rather speed is.

Jose Fly

Stripe,

6days has said repeatedly that "rapid speciation is part of the Biblical model of creation" and defines speciation as "when an isolated population no longer breeds with the parent population."

Do you agree with that definition? Do you agree that populations do become reproductively isolated from each other? And do you agree that this is part of the "Biblical model of creation"?

Jose Fly

Also, I see that once again our resident creationists are making all sorts of claims about "genetic information" and relative amounts of it, even though they can't really say what "genetic information" is, and last we checked in they admitted that they don't know how to measure it.

Goes to show how these creationist arguments are nothing more than rehearsed talking points with no empirical basis at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.