Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

everready

You're denying his eternal power by insisting that He had to poof things into existence like a pagan god. He isn't part of nature; He created nature, and it works as He intended. As He says, he created the Earth and the earth brought forth life according to His will.

Notice that if you try to impose a literal revision of Genesis, one chapter says He used six days, and the other says He used one day.

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heaven and the earth, when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the heaven and the earth:

Cafeteria Christians only accept the parts they like. If you set your pride aside and accept all of it, this will no longer trouble you.

Jesus spoke his creation into existence just as surely and as quickly as he spoke and Lazarus came forth.

Give God the Glory He Deserves

everready

noguru

The time has come to deceive no more. I cannot live with myself as long as I continue to perpetrate a lie. Despite the grave physical harm I will have put myself and my family in after I have finished this confessional, my conscience compels me to do the right thing...
A geophysicist at the meeting told the paleontologist that he could sympathize completely. He said that he was getting a bit tired of running experiments on radiometric decay, getting results that ALWAYS give an age of 6,000 years, and having to then discard them and fabricate ones that are 99% different. And we also heard from a geneticist who spoke of his continued findings that every species on earth is equally distant from each other, and that no two species are more related than they are to anything else. Naturally, this is not what will be told to the public or taught in schools. All of these scientists were easily placated by reminding them that as long as they remain within our ranks they will be handsomely rewarded with outrageous salaries, luxurious homes, beautiful women, and numerous expensive cars, just as all scientists are.
Keep it up guys! :thumb:

Have they hired someone else to replace you yet? I can send them my resume.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The time has come to deceive no more. I cannot live with myself as long as I continue to perpetrate a lie. Despite the grave physical harm I will have put myself and my family in after I have finished this confessional, my conscience compels me to do the right thing.

The creationists here have been telling the truth and are the true defenders of honesty and integrity on this and other message boards. Evolution is indeed a hoax, the product of a conspiracy of unthinkably massive proportions, which I am sorry to say I have been party to.

I realize that this may be difficult for some of you to hear, but I speak the truth. The reason I stopped posting last week was because I had to attend my local chapter meeting of the Society for the Infiltration of Naturalism (SIN). I have been a member of the scientific special committee on evolution for over ten years. What do we do at these meetings? We plot the destruction of all religious thought in western society via the ever-increasing incorporation of scientific naturalism into everyday life.

One of the most effective weapons at our disposal is the indoctrination of children into the first stages of naturalism through the teaching of evolution in public schools. Of course evolution has absolutely no basis in fact and is totally contradicted by all the physical evidence, just as the creationists here have been trying to tell you. One of the paleontologists at today’s meeting was lamenting over how his research team had just unearthed another set of fossils (from the global flood layer that’s getting more and more difficult to conceal) and not one them fits into the fossil progression that we keep promoting. According to him, there were human remains mixed in with modern bears, theropods, T. rex, trilobites, and saber-toothed tigers, all bearing the unmistakable signs of having drowned and been quickly buried by flood sediments. Presented with this, the committee decided that the fossils will be separated and distributed among other conspirators across the globe. The "modern" remains will be presented as having come from very recent geologic strata with the "ancient" ones being presented as having come from a totally different location and of course being much older (complete with fraudulent dates).

A geophysicist at the meeting told the paleontologist that he could sympathize completely. He said that he was getting a bit tired of running experiments on radiometric decay, getting results that ALWAYS give an age of 6,000 years, and having to then discard them and fabricate ones that are 99% different. And we also heard from a geneticist who spoke of his continued findings that every species on earth is equally distant from each other, and that no two species are more related than they are to anything else. Naturally, this is not what will be told to the public or taught in schools. All of these scientists were easily placated by reminding them that as long as they remain within our ranks they will be handsomely rewarded with outrageous salaries, luxurious homes, beautiful women, and numerous expensive cars, just as all scientists are.

Now that I have leaked the truth, I must tell you that my life is now in great danger. I hope those of you who are reading this have noticed something about the quotes from scientists that are posted here. The authors of all of those quotes are all DEAD! That’s right, any time a fellow scientist starts to break ranks his days are numbered.

But now that I have told the truth of our evil plot, and I have renounced evolution and all of naturalistic science (well except stuff like my computer, TV, phone, refrigerator, microwave, car…), I can die with a clear conscience. And now God will surely allow me passage into heaven and I will not have to spend an eternity bearing hot weather and wearing ragged clothing with all of the other evolutionists.

To finish, I say WELL DONE to folks like Stripe. You are absolutely right; no species has ever, ever evolved nor will it ever (except for the ones that 6days showed evolving....still can't figure that out), the earth and the universe are a mere 6,000 years old, the earth was completely inundated by a global flood that wiped out everything on earth except what rode on the Ark just 4,000 years ago, and the only reason contrary views dominate classrooms across the globe is because of the effectiveness and depth of our conspiracy. So please continue as you have: pay absolutely no attention to anything from "scientific" sources; rely exclusively on the Bible for all your understanding of physics, chemistry, geology (oh and the earth really is a flat, unmoving disc that sits on pillars at the center of the universe just as the Bible depicts), biology, genetics, pathology, cosmology, medicine, etc.; no matter what so-called "evidence" anyone presents to you, recognize it as the fraudulent product of a conspiracy that it is; and never, ever, ever give in on even the slightest point even if it means making yourself look like a ridiculous, delusional, dishonest eccentric.

Keep it up guys! :thumb:

Dear Jose,

Are you being serious here? That is excellent! I'm in shock from reading your declaration and testimony. It is wonderful that you've realized that God is right. It will not go unnoticed. You will notice God in your life immediately as long as you are on the up and up. Your whole life will change and your new life begins now. My prayers will be with you and when I pray on my knees at night before bedtime, I will say a prayer especially for you. Just tonight now. That will be all it takes. I pray for everyone on TOL every night. You are my family here. We are all brothers and sisters descended from Noah and his wife. We're all related, but look at how some fight so terribly. It's really a shame. Well, Jose Fly, I am extremely proud of you. It takes tons of guts to comment as you have. You won't regret it. I'm sure God will see to that. Now, just ask Jesus to come into your heart and then you'll notice even more of a difference. Buena Suerte {Good Luck}. I love you, in Christ!!

May God Pour Out Many Blessings Into Your Life,

Michael

:guitar: :singer: :angel: :angel: :rapture: :cloud9:

noguru

Dear Jose,

Are you being serious here? That is excellent! I'm in shock from reading your declaration and testimony. It is wonderful that you've realized that God is right. It will not go unnoticed. You will notice God in your life immediately as long as you are on the up and up. Your whole life will change and your new life begins now. My prayers will be with you and when I pray on my knees at night before bedtime, I will say a prayer especially for you. Just tonight now. That will be all it takes. I pray for everyone on TOL every night. You are my family here. We are all brothers and sisters descended from Noah and his wife. We're all related, but look at how some fight so terribly. It's really a shame. Well, Jose Fly, I am extremely proud of you. It takes tons of guts to comment as you have. You won't regret it. I'm sure God will see to that. Now, just ask Jesus to come into your heart and then you'll notice even more of a difference. Buena Suerte {Good Luck}. I love you, in Christ!!

May God Pour Out Many Blessings Into Your Life,

Michael

:guitar: :singer: :angel: :angel: :rapture: :cloud9:

I was going to ask "Are you really that gullible?", but then I realized who I would be asking. It is a joke. It oozes with absurdities and facetiousness.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because there's no conflict between the two. The Bible is about final causes, and science is about the efficient causes. God is the Author of both of those.

Of course. Your salvation doesn't depend on how you think creation happened. There are a lot of Christians like you, and and you'll all be saved.

We both love God and seek to serve Him. That's what matters. Take a look at the way Christians have understood creation at different points in our history with Him. Maybe you'll think differently, maybe you won't. But for me, it made me understand why it wasn't a salvation issue.

Dear The Barbarian,

You're right. We can agree to disagree. Whether it is a salvation issue or not, I cannot say. I will write more in my next post!! This is a brief answer. Thanks, B!

May God Always Be With You,

Michael

:patrol: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9: :singer:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear alwight,

An excellent video, thank you!! But God is no wizard and speaks against them in the Bible. I can look it up if you want me to. Thanks for that post. I always loved that show.

God Bless You And Keep You Joyful!!

Michael

:guitar: :cheers: :angel: :angel: :singer:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dear alwight,

An excellent video, thank you!! But God is no wizard and speaks against them in the Bible. I can look it up if you want me to. Thanks for that post. I always loved that show.

Michael

i want you to -

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The bible is just another book to you isn't it, do you prefer this?

“Science is a way of getting close to creation, to really getting intimate with creation, and it’s a way of getting intimate with the Creator,” he claimed. “It’s an act of worship.”

http://christiannews.net/2014/10/27...tion-argues-god-and-evolution-are-compatible/

We creationists have always believed Gods word from the instant we were born again, Gods word isn't just another book Barbarian and science isn't a platform for worship.

everready

Dear everready,

I am shocked by the things that come out of the Pope's mouth. Looks like he's sold out. He's not the brightest candle in the bag? He will please someone, but I'm not so sure it will be God or Jesus. I guess this is his way of moving the Catholic Church forward. Let's play Bingo. That is the same as selling animals in the Church courtyard. You know, like when Jesus overturned the moneychangers tables in the Temple? Whether selling doves or playing Bingo, it's the same thing. Bingo doesn't belong in Church. That is the place where you worship God, not for games and gambling. Don't all of you know this?? I mean, in general, to others. Not to everready.

God Bless You Tons, everready,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What matters whether your god created in 6 days 6000 years ago or your god allowed things to evolve? You need 6 day creation to show your god's power? Without that your god has none?

Dear Jonahdog,

For your first sentence, God created every creature, not allowing it to evolve, but to be plentiful and multiply. We don't need 6 day creation to show us God's power. We have God parting the Red Sea, Jesus walking on water, Jesus bringing back Lazarus from being dead to being alive, etc. It goes on and on. So to quote you, "Without that, your God has none?" Now you know. I could go on a long time Jonahdog. Why don't you just hop on the right side and be rid of treading your dangerous tightrope as if your Eternal Life does matter. In other words, you're on shaky ground and you'd better hop on the side that's winning while you can!! If you look around and see the big mess the U.S. and world is in, then certainly you can identify with the fact that His Presence is forthcoming.

Jump On The Peace Train, Jonahdog!! What have you got to lose?!!

Michael

:cheers: :guitar: :angel: :angel: :singer: :cloud9:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Nope. For example, the earth brought forth life. God created the world and then things came forth from previously created things to make the world we see today. He created it to do that.

as you apparently have never read v25

Here, I'll show it to you.

Genesis 1:24 And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds. And it was so done. [25] And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds, and cattle, and every thing that creepeth on the earth after its kind.

As you see, it totally rules out the life ex nihilo beliefs of YE creationism. And it clearly shows that God created life from non-living matter, using nature. Why wouldn't He? Remember, He's God, not some little middle eastern nature deity. You guys are uncomfortable with a God that great.

I'll take this assertion for what it is...born out of ignorance.

And now, you know better.

Barbarian asks:
So Genesis 1 is literal, and Genesis 2 is only figurative?

Most of Genesis is literal.

Sounds like your cafeteria Christianity kicking in, again. You want it to be literal where it fits your needs, and not literal where it doesn't.

It is a history book

No. It's the word of God about Him, and us, and our relationship. Trying to demote it to a history book is borderline blasphemous.

and when was the last time you read a history book that was figurative?

The Book of Documents. Ancient writers often used figurative language for very early times. But of course, Genesis is God's word, not man's history book.

geralduk

Either evolution happened or God is a malicious liar. I prefer to believe God is good and beneficient, so I accept the truth of evolution.

As you have simply asserted an hypothisis your 'argument' neither stands up by itself or makes any sense.

For instead of startign with God .You start with evolution .
and instead of believign God .You believe evolution and measure God by it .

In 1John he speaks of "ye fathers ye know Him who is from the beginning"

That then is the creator .

God by His word says HE Created it and in the order that it is recorded.
You may debate the times and seasons .
But no where in that account "in the beginning" does it suggest evolution at all .
You ascribe to the idea that if evolution is wrong then God is a liar.
Yet as evolution has no foundation in scripture and "thy Word is truth" (Jesus) then I must conclude that evolution is the lie and Gods Word is true.
anf it is BECAUSE God is so good beneficiant that he left us his record as to the beginnings of things .
Unless of course you would deny that God created man out of the dust of the earth and believe that man has evolved from apes?

The record of mankind and the way of the world gives me no confidence at all as to the idea that anything it can dream up would be true.
Why it should give you so much confidence as to call God a liar you will have to answer yourself.

If men do not believe Gods account "in the beggining" How on earth can they then "Know Him who is form the beginning"!?
1 John

I must conclude then that the vast majority of professign christians do not know Him as well as they ought .

in Christ

gerald

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
For instead of startign with God .You start with evolution .

No, he doesn't. I'm hoping you're merely confused and not intentionally lying.

and instead of believign God .You believe evolution and measure God by it .

I'm pretty sure he doesn't measure God by His creation.

But no where in that account "in the beginning" does it suggest evolution at all .

Nor does it in any way deny it. Likewise, with protons, the rings of Saturn, and so on. There's a lot of truth that isn't in the Bible.

You ascribe to the idea that if evolution is wrong then God is a liar.

I don't see any way to reconcile His word with creationism.

Yet as evolution has no foundation in scripture and "thy Word is truth" (Jesus) then I must conclude that evolution is the lie and Gods Word is true.

You're assuming that His creation is false. He said it was very good.

Unless of course you would deny that God created man out of the dust of the earth and believe that man has evolved from apes?

If you accept all of it, then you know both of these are true.

The record of mankind and the way of the world gives me no confidence at all as to the idea that anything it can dream up would be true.

He gave us intelligence and inquiring minds to get along in this world. He did a better job than you think He did.

I must conclude then that the vast majority of professign christians do not know Him as well as they ought .

After a lifetime of learning about Him, I conclude that I don't yet know enough about him. I would be very concerned for anyone who supposes "now I know enough about God."

6days

Barbarian said:
rian observes:
Nope. For example, the earth brought forth life. God created the world and then things came forth from previously created things to make the world we see today. He created it to do that.

Here, I'll show it to you.

Genesis 1:24*And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds. And it was so done. [25] And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds, and cattle, and every thing that creepeth on the earth after its kind.*
That was on day 6 with a evening and morning.
On the previous day God created birds.
(Dinosaurs did not evolve into birds)

God also created the earth before the stars,correct?

God created light a few days before He created the sun, correct?

And with each creative day, "God said...and it was done"

alwight

Dear alwight,

Michael

As noguru has suggested to you Michael sometimes people will write with humour to highlight absurdity and nonsense. Jose was pretending, which perhaps should have been more obvious to you?
Poe's Law?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
There is no wizard or scientist behind the curtain conspiring to deceive everyone.
Science is not a global conspiracy and neither are scientists against any God, it is simply a method whereby to examine and explain the evidence.

Simply believing that something is so because it happens to be written down, as you have seen here, can mislead you. But when you have evidence based conclusions that can be repeatedly tested and confirmed or put into practice then you have more reasonable grounds to be more convinced that it is true, rather than something you simply want to be true. To believe explicitly and literally what an old scripture says regardless of honest science, actual facts and evidence is what I personally find baffling but then I haven't been visited by angels. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.