Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Oh wait....I'm not really knocking at your door. Guess that makes me a liar.

Fundamentalists.....:chuckle:

Dear Jose,

Yes, it does make you a liar! But if you meant THAT as a JOKE, fine! I don't think it was funny. I go by my heart here mostly and don't like to run into wise guys. I guess I'll never believe you again!!

Michael

:angel: :angel: :singer: :cloud9: :cloud9:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael, I'm an "evolutionist" and I have never lied to you.:AMR:

Dear alwight,

I don't mean I won't talk to you anymore. I was making a point because I was lied to. I'm not going to quit talking to you, Best Buddy!! Of course not!! You're right. You've never lied to me and you are an excellent friend. God is Great!! I save the word Great for Him. I don't usually use it for anything or anyone else. I'm not letting go of such a good friend for a stupid reason.

Best Wishes, And Cheerio Mate!!

Michael

:cheers: :angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Of course we're not going to hell. We mostly all believe in Christ. And I don't think that God sends our kind of people, even atheists, to hell. The Barbarian, you go by what is written in Gen. Chapters 1 and also 2. You must be misunderstanding it or something. Chapter 2 helps to aid Chapter 1, that's all.

The point is, it works, only so long as you don't make it a literal history. Chapter 1, if you interpret it literally, says it took 6 days. Chapter 2, by the same approach says one day.

Don't be believing you're going to hell because you believe in the Creation and evolution. We're trying to tell you that evolution isn't the way. God making the changes is what is happening.

If He uses evolution, what is wrong with that?

Not evolution or Mother Nature, or whatever. It's God only!! He changes which genome, DNA, or neutron that He wants to. He's IN CHARGE!!

Do you think if He created nature, He wouldn't use it as He saw fit?

Don't you get it? We are just trying to get you to see the Whole Truth.

That's the point. You get the "why", but you're not accepting the "how." They are all part of the same thing. Now, I'll be the first to admit that the "why" is more important to your immortal soul than the "how." But you don't have to compromise; you can have both.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

God says that He created the Earth and then the Earth brought forth living things, as He commanded.

There's a lot of detail missing from the Bible account, but then, it wasn't intended to be a scientific description.

He created living things from the Earth and waters. The ground and the waters. The minerals and atoms in the dirt/dust, and the water simply from Hydrogen and Oxygen elements. Man is 90% water? Something like that. Do you understand, buddy? If we had it your way, we would still be watching fish flopping out of the water and changing into other creatures, right? And we would see chimps changing into man. No. God created/made every being differently, whether they seem similar or not. Just because bats and birds are similar don't make them ancestors of each other.

Let me ask you, respectfully, if you learned for certain that God used nature to produce the first living things, from which all of today's creatures are descended, what difference would it make to your salvation?

Our salvation is of and because of Jesus Christ and God's Gift to us. It has nothing to do with God using nature to produce whatever. God created many different animals, with various similar and dissimilar features. They did not evolve of themselves or of nature. God created them EACH DIFFERENT. You are just trying to hold on to some bad ideas. That's your choice, but ill-advised. What's wrong with you believing that God created things at older ages than we would think? How come He created the chicken before the egg? Why did He create a young man {Adam} instead of a baby boy? He made them older, just like He made everything He created older. Don't you understand, ever?

Nothing at all, as far as I can see. Focus on the things that matter, and the things that join us in faith.

We'll do both, Barbarian. Sound like fun!!

Much Love In Christ,

Michael

:angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9: :rapture:

Last edited:

everready

The point is, it works, only so long as you don't make it a literal history. Chapter 1, if you interpret it literally, says it took 6 days. Chapter 2, by the same approach says one day.

That's the point. You get the "why", but you're not accepting the "how." They are all part of the same thing. Now, I'll be the first to admit that the "why" is more important to your immortal soul than the "how." But you don't have to compromise; you can have both.

"If He uses evolution, what is wrong with that?"

Plenty! Adam wasn't created in the image of an ape!

everready

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's NOT what Genesis reads.

So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.
God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds.

Dear StanJ

Hey Bro!! I hope you're doing fine!! Yes, there are some huge animals that God made in the water and OUT of the water. Some real small creatures too. It is awesome how vast God's imagination is, don't you think? Look at all of the DIVERSITY, and He did it all for us humans, His Children. The lowly ant that gets stepped on all the time, but there's plenty of them, so they don't go extinct. And little tadpoles in the freshwater creeks. When God sent the Flood, all of the freshwater animals/fish did just fine. And all the Flood did was dilute some of the saltwater. He made sure they all did fine. Well, I do love you and your post. Thanks tons!!

Tons Of Joy From God And Jesus, And The Holy Ghost!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear The Barbarian,

So you want to know the HOW? God is a MASTER CHEMIST. Also a Master Biologist. He taught us all down here everything we know. Do you know HOW now? {brown cow!} I just had to do that. How Now Brown Cow!!

Michael

:guitar: :rapture: :rapture: :singer: :cloud9:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"If He uses evolution, what is wrong with that?"

Plenty! Adam wasn't created in the image of an ape!

everready

Dear everready,

You hit the nail on the head! You should post more next time!!

Praise The Lord!!

Michael

:angel: :angel: :singer: :cloud9: :cloud9: :guitar:

alwight

Dear alwight,

I don't mean I won't talk to you anymore. I was making a point because I was lied to. I'm not going to quit talking to you, Best Buddy!! Of course not!! You're right. You've never lied to me and you are an excellent friend. God is Great!! I save the word Great for Him. I don't usually use it for anything or anyone else. I'm not letting go of such a good friend for a stupid reason.

Best Wishes, And Cheerio Mate!!

Michael

:cheers: :angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9:
Hi Michael,
Nobody has lied to you.
You simply don't seem to be able to spot an obviously satirical missive in its context, choosing instead to only accept, well, almost everything really, on its face value alone. It's perhaps your understanding and comprehension here which seems to be the problem, you might try to accept that.
I'm rather sure that it was only you who didn't get it, there was clearly no deceit intended, so please do take a look at that link to "Poe's Law" I cited earlier and try to understand that satire and mockery is not lying. ;)

noguru

Hi Michael,
Nobody has lied to you.
You simply don't seem to be able to spot an obviously satirical missive in its context, choosing instead to only accept, well, almost everything really, on its face value alone. It's perhaps your understanding and comprehension here which seems to be the problem, you might try to accept that.
I'm rather sure that it was only you who didn't get it, there was clearly no deceit intended, so please do take a look at that link to "Poe's Law" I cited earlier and try to understand that satire and mockery is not lying. ;)

Creationists, they rarely admit when they are wrong. Instead they like to label others who point out their errors as trolls, liars, God haters... :chuckle:

Matthew 23:24 said:
"You blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

alwight

Creationists, they rarely admit when they are wrong. Instead they like to label others who point out their errors as trolls, liars, God haters... :chuckle:
I don't think that Michael is quite the same as those dyed in the wool, YEC, science is a global atheistic "evolutionist" conspiracy, when it conflicts with a literal interpretation of Genesis, types. :nono:

6days

Creation only addresses the origin of life, evolution doesn't.

It only addresses how live changed after origin.
So you mean biological evolution , and not chemical or stellar evolution?
Do you mean it changesthat are observable in various kinds of creatures? Or, do you mean unobservable changes that evolutionists believe in?

seehigh

So you mean biological evutionist, and not chemical or stellar evolution?
Do you mean it changesthat are observable in various kinds of creatures? Or, do you mean unobservable changes that evolutionists believe in?
Evolution is an observable theory.

Creationism doesn't even qualify as a hypothesise. Do you know the difference and why it matters?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Seehigh writes:
Creation only addresses the origin of life, evolution doesn't.

It only addresses how live changed after origin.

So you mean biological evolution , and not chemical or stellar evolution?

Not language evolution, nor political evolution, nor ... "evolution", merely means "change." Darwin used "descent with modification." If that will help you to avoid further obfuscation, use that.

Sounds like you're back to your imaginary theories.

Things like observed speciation, evidence for common descent, genetics, transitional species, all of that.

We've already discussed those, and it didn't go well for you, but if you like, we can do it again.

seehigh

Seehigh writes:

Not language evolution, nor political evolution, nor ... "evolution", merely means "change." Darwin used "descent with modification." If that will help you to avoid further obfuscation, use that.

Sounds like you're back to your imaginary theories.

Things like observed speciation, evidence for common descent, genetics, transitional species, all of that.

We've already discussed those, and it didn't go well for you, but if you like, we can do it again.
He thinks he has a newbie. This ain't my first rodeo going down this road. Of course, having a "Creation Science Museum" 4 blocks from my place has trained me. I actually prefer my neighbours moniker for that little place, which is "Creative" science.

I think he nailed it with that one.

Jose Fly

Dear Jose,

Yes, it does make you a liar! But if you meant THAT as a JOKE, fine! I don't think it was funny. I go by my heart here mostly and don't like to run into wise guys. I guess I'll never believe you again!!

Oh Michael....get a sense of humor. Everyone else immediately recognized it as a joke, so the problem isn't with me or the post. Lighten up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.