Belated SPOD....outstanding post

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am condensing it to get to the point.

Some time later I discovered that "The Higher Christian Life" had already been lived and that it had been lived in my name and on my behalf. My religious chains fell off and I became a born again Gospel centered Christian. This holy righteous life that was lived by Jesus Christ is the only life that God will accept. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, which I am one of.

:first:

This kind of testimony will cause division among "Christians" because a bunch of them are headed to hell and are not of the faith.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

I am condensing it to get to the point.

:first:

This kind of testimony will cause division among "Christians" because a bunch of them are headed to hell and are not of the faith.

And Squeaky's response was awesome. I'll condense it to get to the point.
"Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless."

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4048143&postcount=7

glorydaz

"And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak" -- Matthew 12:36

Such an imagination I have! :plain:

Yes, the law is a rough taskmaster, but I'll be receiving my rewards at the Bema seat, so I'm not sure who you think you're smiting with that verse (it isn't me). There is NO condemnation for those who are IN CHRIST JESUS. Haven't you heard?

Matt. 12:36KJV
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.​

I am justified by the faith of Jesus Christ...not my own words or righteousness. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe. Haven't you heard?

Also, I'm not speaking "idle" words, but I do think I get my point across just fine. :chuckle:

IMJerusha

Yes, the law is a rough taskmaster, but I'll be receiving my rewards at the Bema seat, so I'm not sure who you think you're smiting with that verse (it isn't me). There is NO condemnation for those who are IN CHRIST JESUS. Haven't you heard?

Matt. 12:36KJV
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.​

I am justified by the faith of Jesus Christ...not my own words or righteousness. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe. Haven't you heard?

Also, I'm not speaking "idle" words, but I do think I get my point across just fine. :chuckle:

And yet, it's Yeshua's points that count, not ours.