Your opinion on God’s Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ok, maybe it is just me being precise again. What I am saying is that the law is not the covenant - see those scriptures from Galatians again. What you said was "The covenant we call the old covenant was made with the nation of Israel in their exodus." What I am saying is the Mosaic law was not the covenant. It was given to the people because they were not following the Abrahamic covenant well, and was meant to guide them into the covenant. Laws are commandments not covenants. Covenants are two way promises. The law is one way commandments as a slave would receive from a master.
I don't know what you are talking about. I do know that the covenant with Abraham and the covenant with the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses are not the same covenant.

RevTestament

I don't know anything different on this than that you are making this up.

My guess is you have not considered this before. Everyone must interpret the scriptures my friend. The point is to seek the guidance of the Spirit in doing so.

Here are a few examples of how horns are ruling offices/callings:
Psalms 92:10
10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Zechariah 1:21
21 Then said I, What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but these are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it.

The 7 horns on the lamb are servants of the lamb. You can believe that is made up if you wish and that somehow God consists of seven spirits... but that is essentially impossible to reconcile with the rest of scripture, and again would be your interpretation not supported by scripture, whereas I have given you some of my scriptural supports.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My guess is you have not considered this before. Everyone must interpret the scriptures my friend. The point is to seek the guidance of the Spirit in doing so.

Here are a few examples of how horns are ruling offices/callings:
Psalms 92:10
10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Zechariah 1:21
21 Then said I, What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but these are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it.

The 7 horns on the lamb are servants of the lamb. You can believe that is made up if you wish and that somehow God consists of seven spirits... but that is essentially impossible to reconcile with the rest of scripture, and again would be your interpretation not supported by scripture, whereas I have given you some of my scriptural supports.

You were talking about your interpretation of Revelation, and you are not supporting it (Biblically) while you are talking about something else.

RevTestament

No. If we are to do so again it can only be with the temple, and the second temple was destroyed as well as the first.
No, I don't. I don't stone anyone.

Romans 6:23 NASB.

Are you asking about the death penalty for adulterers?

I do not know Jesus' position on it.

Seems to me Jesus said to forgive them, and leave their punishment for God. You see, that is Hell or spirit prison or spiritual death rather than death by the hand of man which was supposed to teach the result of sin.
If you are not stoning them, then you are not following the Mosaic law which commanded adulterers be stoned to death. You see, Jesus did away with that temporal law, which was merely to teach the gravity of such sin and that it would result in spiritual death. We no longer follow that Mosaic law, but the higher law of Christ in which we try to bring healing rather than death.

RevTestament

You were talking about your interpretation of Revelation, and you are not supporting it (Biblically) while you are talking about something else.

Yes I did Jacob....Revelation talks about the seven horns on the lamb, and I showed you several scriptures which showed how God uses the word "horn." It is used to refer to ruling earthly offices or callings of God. Now you are welcome not to believe those scriptures, but my guess is then you no longer have any way to interpret what is meant by the lamb having horns. May I suggest you pray on it? That doesn't mean go ask what your particular sect says about it...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Seems to me Jesus said to forgive them, and leave their punishment for God. You see, that is Hell or spirit prison or spiritual death rather than death by the hand of man which was supposed to teach the result of sin.
If you are not stoning them, then you are not following the Mosaic law which commanded adulterers be stoned to death. You see, Jesus did away with that temporal law, which was merely to teach the gravity of such sin and that it would result in spiritual death. We no longer follow that Mosaic law, but the higher law of Christ in which we try to bring healing rather than death.

I think you misunderstand these things.

I do not know myself to be for the death penalty. But the Law requires stoning of adulterers. The question would be about if the Law had been transgressed as spelled out, complete with witnesses, and if there is stoning in the new covenant. Do you remember the specific instruction for how the stoning would take place? If you are a part of the new covenant which came in Jesus, would you believe in the death penalty for transgressors of the law as prescribed for specific instances as spelled out in the Law itself? Adultery is wrong. The penalty is death. Is that penalty in place in the new covenant? This is a very big question that deserves much attention and thought. If you kill you are considered to be a murderer. So, seek to understand the Law, including how Jesus taught it, and the meaning and significance of the new covenant. It may be possible that there is no longer a death penalty for transgressors. I don't know Jesus' position on it.

RevTestament

I don't know what you are talking about. I do know that the covenant with Abraham and the covenant with the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses are not the same covenant.

I was talking about what Paul said in Galatians. You apparently have difficulty in accepting it, as it doesn't fit in your preconceptions. But Paul said the covenant was 400 years before the law. The covenant that law meant to teach was the covenant of Abraham, which God was fulfilling by sending Israel to the land promised by God to the descendants of Abraham. Moses was sent to fulfill that covenant - not to replace it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes I did Jacob....Revelation talks about the seven horns on the lamb, and I showed you several scriptures which showed how God uses the word "horn." It is used to refer to ruling earthly offices or callings of God. Now you are welcome not to believe those scriptures, but my guess is then you no longer have any way to interpret what is meant by the lamb having horns. May I suggest you pray on it? That doesn't mean go ask what your particular sect says about it...

You spoke of seven spirits and justified your interpretation with verses about seven horns.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I was talking about what Paul said in Galatians. You apparently have difficulty in accepting it, as it doesn't fit in your preconceptions. But Paul said the covenant was 400 years before the law. The covenant that law meant to teach was the covenant of Abraham, which God was fulfilling by sending Israel to the land promised by God to the descendants of Abraham. Moses was sent to fulfill that covenant - not to replace it.

The covenant with God in Abraham was different from the covenant with God in Moses that came later, which was with the nation of Israel.

RevTestament

I think you misunderstand these things.
I think it is to the contrary.
I do not know myself to be for the death penalty. But the Law requires stoning of adulterers. The question would be about if the Law had been transgressed as spelled out, complete with witnesses, and if there is stoning in the new covenant. Do you remember the specific instruction for how the stoning would take place? If you are a part of the new covenant which came in Jesus, would you believe in the death penalty for transgressors of the law as prescribed for specific instances as spelled out in the Law itself? Adultery is wrong. The penalty is death. Is that penalty in place in the new covenant? This is a very big question that deserves much attention and thought. If you kill you are considered to be a murderer. So, seek to understand the Law, including how Jesus taught it, and the meaning and significance of the new covenant. It may be possible that there is no longer a death penalty for transgressors. I don't know Jesus' position on it.
I do. Jesus did away with it, and commanded the wronged to forgive their adulterous spouse. Perhaps you've forgotten about the adulterous woman brought before Jesus without witnesses who He forgave and commanded to sin no more even though He knew of her crime.
Jesus knows that if the adulterer does not seek forgiveness and repent, that his/her penalty is going to be death of a more lasting kind - spiritual death in hell/spirit prison.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think it is to the contrary.
I do. Jesus did away with it, and commanded the wronged to forgive their adulterous spouse. Perhaps you've forgotten about the adulterous woman brought before Jesus without witnesses who He forgave and commanded to sin no more even though He knew of her crime.
Jesus knows that if the adulterer does not seek forgiveness and repent, that his/her penalty is going to be death of a more lasting kind - spiritual death in hell/spirit prison.

I don't know about the accuracy of your conclusion. As for what you are saying about adultery here, a man can have back his adulterous wife. But this is only the case of if the adulterers are not put to death. In the case of the woman caught in adultery Jesus said that the one without sin should throw the first stone. Note that the man was not there. Jesus said neither do I condemn you go and sin no more.

John 8:10-11 NASB - 10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her, "Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?" 11 She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more."]

RevTestament

You spoke of seven spirits and justified your interpretation with verses about seven horns.

well the Book of Revelation talks about the seven spirits.
6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Do you believe it is saying the seven spirits are something else like the four beasts?
I mean if we can't agree this is a reasonable interpretation, then I guess I can go on my way and wish you well in your observance of the Mosaic rituals...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
well the Book of Revelation talks about the seven spirits.
6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Do you believe it is saying the seven spirits are something else like the four beasts?
I mean if we can't agree this is a reasonable interpretation, then I guess I can go on my way and wish you well in your observance of the Mosaic rituals...

I do not find myself in agreement with your interpretation. Thank you for quoting the verse, that is profitable for our discussion.

Shalom.

RevTestament

The covenant with God in Abraham was different from the covenant with God in Moses that came later, which was with the nation of Israel.

No. Scripture please? I gave you Galatians in which Paul clearly distinguishes the Abrahamic covenant from the Mosaic law. The covenant the people were entering in at Moses' time was the Abrahamic covenant, which God was fulfilling through Moses. Please specify what new covenant you are speaking of scripturally.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No. Scripture please? I gave you Galatians in which Paul clearly distinguishes the Abrahamic covenant from the Mosaic law. The covenant the people were entering in at Moses' time was the Abrahamic covenant, which God was fulfilling through Moses. Please specify what new covenant you are speaking of scripturally.

The old covenant was with the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses. The new covenant came in Jesus Christ. Please read what you have shared with me again.

RevTestament

I don't know about the accuracy of your conclusion. As for what you are saying about adultery here, a man can have back his adulterous wife. But this is only the case of if the adulterers are not put to death. In the case of the woman caught in adultery Jesus said that the one without sin should throw the first stone. Note that the man was not there. Jesus said neither do I condemn you go and sin no more.

John 8:10-11 NASB - 10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her, "Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?" 11 She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more."]
Knock. Knock.
Jesus did not follow the law to stone her. He knew her guilt. He knew the hearts of the Pharisees etc. He came to replace the Mosaic temporal punishments with the higher law.
Again, I am not going to go round and round on this. I guess one sees it or they don't.
I have no idea why you wish to live by the Mosaic outward law. Jesus taught the inward law, and discontinued the outward law. It's only importance was to teach inward things and things to come.
Shalom to you as well.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Knock. Knock.
Jesus did not follow the law to stone her. He knew her guilt. He knew the hearts of the Pharisees etc. He came to replace the Mosaic temporal punishments with the higher law.
Again, I am not going to go round and round on this. I guess one sees it or they don't.
I have no idea why you wish to live by the Mosaic outward law. Jesus taught the inward law, and discontinued the outward law. It's only importance was to teach inward things and things to come.
Shalom to you as well.

Again, I do not know of an outward law (or an inward law). Jesus did not abolish the Law or the Prophets. He did tell the woman to go and sin no more.

RevTestament

Again, I do not know of an outward law (or an inward law). Jesus did not abolish the Law or the Prophets. He did tell the woman to go and sin no more.

Why is adultery a sin? Because it is a violation of the covenant between a man and a woman.
Please prayerfully consider the scriptures I gave you from Paul etc which speak of the inward man, and God writing the law in their inward parts in the latter days. In other words it will not be a law of outward performances or rote actions/obedience. That is the distinction I am making, and Jesus was seeking to make throughout His ministry.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why is adultery a sin? Because it is a violation of the covenant between a man and a woman.
Please prayerfully consider the scriptures I gave you from Paul etc which speak of the inward man, and God writing the law in their inward parts in the latter days. In other words it will not be a law of outward performances or rote actions/obedience. That is the distinction I am making, and Jesus was seeking to make throughout His ministry.

Your verses are different from what you said.

RevTestament

The old covenant was with the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses. The new covenant came in Jesus Christ. Please read what you have shared with me again.
I don't need to read it again. I've already highlighted what it says:
Galatians 3:17
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Galatians 3:19
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.[/QUOTE]

I would like for YOU to give me one reason to believe YOU. Show me some scripture which shows the Mosaic Law was a new covenant - and good luck with that. The law is NOT a covenant.

Maybe we should address another question. What do you believe the new covenant with Jesus is?