Your opinion on God’s Law.

Epoisses

What are you defining as the Lord's supper? Are you familiar with breaking bread in fellowship, as well as with Passover?

You've rejected the Lord's supper just like you reject the new covenant with your law keeping buddies.

Choleric

Jesus always spoke the truth, it wasn't about agreeing with whatever she was thinking.

He didn't agree with her to make her feel good, He agreed with her because she was correct. Salvation was only of the Jews and worship and atonement came only from the temple God set up. Samaritans were outside the faith.

Are you talking about this verse? Why do you say it says nothing about male or female?

Galatians 3:28 NASB - 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

I was thinking about this verse:

Col_3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

But this verse does a better job of delineating the three groups God sees:

1Co_10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

'Three groups. You are in one or the other, not two.
I'm not sure you are understanding this right or correctly. Read the scripture again.

Please respond to the actual response Jacob. Explain to me how my explanation was not the correct one. The bible says that I am dead to the law. The law will not pass away, but I have passed away and the law has no more dominion over me.

You should go back to my original post and address the scriptures that you disagree with using scripture. Don't hold blindly to your position without first addressing the scripture. Don't be afraid to challenge your way of thinking.

Unsaved Jews are not in the body of Christ.

Saved christians going back under the law is abomination, it is "trodding under foot" the Son of God. It is anti-christ. We don't observe passover because "Christ our passover" has come.
The word race is not in the Bible in the way you are trying to put it there. The word Jew is not a reference to race.

Is this a joke? Why does God pay so much attention to the "son of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?" Jewish is a race jacob. You only look foolish attempting to deny this very obvious fact.

Christianity was birthed out of Judaism. In Judaism we have the new covenant. It was for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Christianity stands in opposition to the law. What the law "could not do" righteousness in Christ does. The law is a poor substitute for righteousness in Christ. That is why Paul wrote in Phillipians 3 that he counted what he had under that system as dung. Even though he excelled, it was paltry in comparison to Christianity.

Please respond to the post in detail. Take your time. If you are going to teach me how I am reading the scripture wrong that says I am dead to the law, you will have to explain it. I just believe what God says.When He said I am dead to the law I just believe Him. Explain it to me please.

The accusation of the jew in that day was that true worship was throught the judaic system. The samaritans had broken away from jerusalem, had set up their own places of worship and they were outside of judaism. The Jews claimed that true worship and salvation only came through the judaic system God set up, the samaritans thought it didn't matter. When she asked Jesus what He thought, she was hoping He said "it doesn't really matter, as long as you are sincere and try to love GOd, you can be saved."

But instead Jesus affirmed the Jewish beliefs, that salvation was in fact only through judaism.

Please respond to this point above.

Read Romans 7 again. If you get a traffic ticket today, you will have to pay a fine. If you die tomorrow, the law cannot follow you into thr grave and demand payment. The law of your state only has jurisdiction as long as you are alive. Once you die, the fine goes away because there is no one to pay it. THe law of your state highway only has jurisdiction over you as long as you are alive. All people alive, are under the jurisdiction of their state laws.

Once you are dead, the law cannot punish you any more. The law of moses does not have jurisdiction over me because I am dead. The law is still in effect, but only for people who have not died. SInce I have died, the law of moses does not have jurisdiction over me anymore. I am free to marry another.

Now I am under the "law of the spirit of liberty". A lot of the current laws are similar, I shoudl love my neighbor, and love God, I shouldn't steal or kill, or lie. The main difference is that the system of penalty is different. Under Moses' law, it was death and hell for law breakers. Under the "law of liberty in CHrist" it is chastisement for a son, even to the point of death, but I will still be saved (1 Cor 5) because I am not under the same system of penalty any more.

Please respond to this above section. This is the most important part. If you only respond to one thing, this is it. Don't tell me to "read the scripture again" explain to me using scripture and reason why I am wrong.

The Jewish race is anyone who has Jacob as their great grandfather. I don't understand how someone who claims to be a christian cannot understand the biblical concept of the jewish race. It is all over the OT.

It is certainly negative for those who were not jewish. This is again all over the bible.

Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

"according to the flesh" is talking about the race of Jew's. Sons of Jacob. This is bible 101.

Again, you can't claim race isn't in the bible when paul referred to jews who were his kinsman according to the flesh. They shared a great grandfather.
Yes there is. PLease tell me what this verse means to you:

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Please explain your understanding of Rom 10:4.

You can be a jew by race, like you can be italian or chinese, or you can be an adherent to the religion of judaism. YOu cannot be an adherent to christianity and an adherent of judaism.

Do you not believe in the chinese race? Or the African race?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You've rejected the Lord's supper just like you reject the new covenant with your law keeping buddies.
The Lord's Supper is like The Breaking of Bread among Christianity, the Lord's Table, or Communion. The Lord's Supper is often contrasted with Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread, or seen to be a part of it. Are you talking about when Jesus ate a meal with His disciples the apostles before He died? Or are you talking about a Christian observance? You just need to define what you are talking about. It is not necessarily bad.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He didn't agree with her to make her feel good, He agreed with her because she was correct. Salvation was only of the Jews and worship and atonement came only from the temple God set up. Samaritans were outside the faith.
I prefer to leave their interaction the way the Bible describes it.
I was thinking about this verse:

Col_3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

But this verse does a better job of delineating the three groups God sees:

1Co_10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

'Three groups. You are in one or the other, not two.
These are all important verses.
Please respond to the actual response Jacob. Explain to me how my explanation was not the correct one. The bible says that I am dead to the law. The law will not pass away, but I have passed away and the law has no more dominion over me.

You should go back to my original post and address the scriptures that you disagree with using scripture. Don't hold blindly to your position without first addressing the scripture. Don't be afraid to challenge your way of thinking.
To be dead to the law is a different concept from what these verses are saying, even the verses you have pointed out.

Romans 7:1 NASB - 1 Or do you not know, brethren (for I am speaking to those who know the law), that the law has jurisdiction over a person as long as he lives?

Romans 7:4 NASB - 4 Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.
Saved christians going back under the law is abomination, it is "trodding under foot" the Son of God. It is anti-christ. We don't observe passover because "Christ our passover" has come.
Observing God's Law and the law of the land in which you live is not going back under the law. Many Christians who were never under the Law are told that if they obey the law they have fallen from grace and have gone back under the Law, something they were not ever under and are not under. Christians, like the rest of the world, are not to be law breakers.
Is this a joke? Why does God pay so much attention to the "son of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?" Jewish is a race jacob. You only look foolish attempting to deny this very obvious fact.
No. I'm not joking. Race doesn't matter and we all belong to the human race if ever there is or was a race of people.

If a person is Jewish they are either Jewish because they were born Jewish (born a Jew) or because they have become Jewish or become a Jew or become Jews. This may be similar in some ways to worshipping the God of the Jews which a person can do while remaining a Gentile, but may involve adopting elements of Judaism which is not forbidden at all either by Judaism or Christianity.
Christianity stands in opposition to the law. What the law "could not do" righteousness in Christ does. The law is a poor substitute for righteousness in Christ. That is why Paul wrote in Phillipians 3 that he counted what he had under that system as dung. Even though he excelled, it was paltry in comparison to Christianity.

Please respond to the post in detail. Take your time. If you are going to teach me how I am reading the scripture wrong that says I am dead to the law, you will have to explain it. I just believe what God says.When He said I am dead to the law I just believe Him. Explain it to me please.
Christianity is not opposed to law. You misunderstand the scriptures.
Please respond to this point above.
Just accept what the scriptures say without adding anything to it.
Please respond to this above section. This is the most important part. If you only respond to one thing, this is it. Don't tell me to "read the scripture again" explain to me using scripture and reason why I am wrong.
If you are reading scripture and understanding it correctly you are not wrong. That is what you must consider.

Again, you can't claim race isn't in the bible when paul referred to jews who were his kinsman according to the flesh. They shared a great grandfather.
Race is a concept people read into scripture. It is not derived from scripture.
Please explain your understanding of Rom 10:4.
Romans 10:4 NASB - 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

See post 492.
Do you not believe in the chinese race? Or the African race?
Why do I need to use this word, race? I was taught that if people are to be referred to as a race it is the whole human race. Do you know we are all descended from Adam and Eve? It doesn't mean people don't use this word, but we should be careful how we use it if we use it at all.

RevTestament

Both the old covenant and the new covenant are Jewish. The new covenant was for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. God's covenants have not changed.
Hi Jacob,
Abraham was not a Jew, and the Abrahamic covenant was not "Jewish." I think you a missing a few facts here. God also made a covenant with Noah. He also made a covenant with Adam to keep the Sabbath. He also made a covenant with David whose key got passed to Jesus for each covenant has had a king.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi Jacob,
Abraham was not a Jew, and the Abrahamic covenant was not "Jewish." I think you a missing a few facts here. God also made a covenant with Noah. He also made a covenant with Adam to keep the Sabbath. He also made a covenant with David whose key got passed to Jesus for each covenant has had a king.

I don't know what you are saying here, and I'm not commenting on its accuracy. It is important in matters of truth to get our facts right. I only want to say that by Jewish I am speaking of the nation of Israel. Abraham was the grandfather of Jacob whose name was changed to Israel which is where we get the nation of Israel. Do you remember Jeremiah's prophecy about the coming of the new covenant?

RevTestament

When Gentiles do the things contained in the law, these are a law unto themselves.

What I get out of that is that when the Gentiles love one another, and love God, they are following the law. In fact that is what all the law boils down to - how do I love my neighbor? On this hangs all the law and the prophets. So, I agree with you that we are to keep that law, but we do it imperfectly. Christ did away with the rote Mosaic law of feasts and animal sacrifices. In following Him is the law fulfilled. Christians do not need to keep those laws and ordinances anymore because the punishments are done away in Christ, and we are now to forgive - which is a harder thing to do than to seek justice. Jesus' law is internal and deals with our intent. The Mosaic law was external and showed the way of things to come, so while it is still being fulfilled, the outward ordinances are done away, and are not to be followed anymore. Do we agree on this much?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What I get out of that is that when the Gentiles love one another, and love God, they are following the law. In fact that is what all the law boils down to - how do I love my neighbor? On this hangs all the law and the prophets. So, I agree with you that we are to keep that law, but we do it imperfectly. Christ did away with the rote Mosaic law of feasts and animal sacrifices. In following Him is the law fulfilled. Christians do not need to keep those laws and ordinances anymore because the punishments are done away in Christ, and we are now to forgive - which is a harder thing to do than to seek justice. Jesus' law is internal and deals with our intent. The Mosaic law was external and showed the way of things to come, so while it is still being fulfilled, the outward ordinances are done away, and are not to be followed anymore. Do we agree on this much?

I actually observe the feasts. We are in the Feast of Unleavened Bread now.

RevTestament

I don't know what you are saying here, and I'm not commenting on its accuracy. It is important in matters of truth to get our facts right. I only want to say that by Jewish I am speaking of the nation of Israel. Abraham was the grandfather of Jacob whose name was changed to Israel which is where we get the nation of Israel. Do you remember Jeremiah's prophecy about the coming of the new covenant?

I am just saying there have been more than one old covenant. Each was received through one of the eyes of the lamb of Revelation - remember the lamb which had seven eyes and opens the seven seals? Well they opened the seven seals.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am just saying there have been more than one old covenant. Each was received through one of the eyes of the lamb of Revelation - remember the lamb which had seven eyes and opens the seven seals? Well they opened the seven seals.

I'm not sure what you are saying. I don't know what you are saying.

RevTestament

I actually observe the feasts. We are in the Feast of Unleavened Bread now.

I observe the Passover on basically a weekly basis by partaking of the bread in remembrance of Him. I don't recall Him saying to observe any of the others. If you want to bind yourself to the Mosaic law, you will be in contravention of Jesus' commandments in which He commanded us to forgive those who trespass against us rather than to seek justice like the Mosaic law does, and orders death by stoning. You can't follow both laws you see... One is a higher law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I observe the Passover on basically a weekly basis by partaking of the bread in remembrance of Him. I don't recall Him saying to observe any of the others. If you want to bind yourself to the Mosaic law, you will be in contravention of Jesus' commandments in which He commanded us to forgive those who trespass against us rather than to seek justice like the Mosaic law does, and orders death by stoning. You can't follow both laws you see... One is a higher law.

The ministry of Jesus is greater than that of Moses, but it does not do away with Moses.