Your opinion on God’s Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your opinion on God’s Law. Do you believe God’s Law is only for pointing out sin in a person’s life so that they can understand their need for a Savior and be saved by God and Jesus? Or, do you believe God’s Law is also to be obeyed, or is also for our obedience?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
While circumcised or not? There are two different answers to your question. For us today, this is it.

Galatians 3

24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
While circumcised or not? There are two different answers to your question. For us today, this is it.

Galatians 3

24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

I don't understand why you are saying there are two answers. Are you asking about salvation or about obedience?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Jews that Christ was sent to were under the Law. Christ, in His earthly ministry only came for them as their Messiah. They rejected Him however.

The Apostle Paul was sent to the Gentiles who were never under the Law nor given the Law.

Robert Pate

Banned
Your opinion on God’s Law. Do you believe God’s Law is only for pointing out sin in a person’s life so that they can understand their need for a Savior and be saved by God and Jesus? Or, do you believe God’s Law is also to be obeyed, or is also for our obedience?

The law is the very nature and character of God.

The law was given to the Jews as a keeper until Christ had arrived and then they were to live by Spirit and not by law.

The law reveals the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man.

God never intended for his people to live according to rules and laws. "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 15:1-13 NASB - 1 Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves. 2 Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification. 3 For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, "THE REPROACHES OF THOSE WHO REPROACHED YOU FELL ON ME." 4 For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 5 Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, 6 so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 7 Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God. 8 For I say that Christ has become a servant to the circumcision on behalf of the truth of God to confirm the promises given to the fathers, 9 and for the Gentiles to glorify God for His mercy; as it is written,"THEREFORE I WILL GIVE PRAISE TO YOU AMONG THE GENTILES,AND I WILL SING TO YOUR NAME." 10 Again he says,"REJOICE, O GENTILES, WITH HIS PEOPLE." 11 And again,"PRAISE THE LORD ALL YOU GENTILES,AND LET ALL THE PEOPLES PRAISE HIM." 12 Again Isaiah says,"THERE SHALL COME THE ROOT OF JESSE,AND HE WHO ARISES TO RULE OVER THE GENTILES,IN HIM SHALL THE GENTILES HOPE." 13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Through Jesus, God updated his law to conform to the covenant made with Christ and Abraham.
Can you explain what you mean? I am unfamiliar with the terms updated and conform. I know who Christ and Abraham are, but even in this I don't know what you mean by the covenant made with Christ and Abraham.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Can you explain what you mean? I am unfamiliar with the terms updated and conform. I know who Christ and Abraham are, but even in this I don't know what you mean by the covenant made with Christ and Abraham.

Paul said, "Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, 'And to seeds' as of many, but as of one, 'And to your Seed' who is Christ. And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ that it should make the promise of no effect." (Galatians 3:16-17)

What was the promise?

...that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3:14)​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul said, "Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, 'And to seeds' as of many, but as of one, 'And to your Seed' who is Christ. And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ that it should make the promise of no effect." (Galatians 3:16-17)

What was the promise?

...that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3:14)​
Are you speaking of the covenant God made with Abraham?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you speaking of the covenant God made with Abraham?

The covenant God made with Jacob's people does not modify the covenant God made with Abraham and Christ. (Galatians 3:15)

The covenant with Jacob's people ended with John, the prophet who baptized Jesus. (Matthew 11:13)(Luke 16:16)

Now the kingdom of God is preached.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The covenant God made with Jacob's people does not modify the covenant God made with Abraham and Christ. (Galatians 3:15)

The covenant with Jacob's people ended with John, the prophet who baptized Jesus. (Matthew 11:13)(Luke 16:16)

Now the kingdom of God is preached.
God made a covenant with Abraham. God made a covenant with the nation of Israel. In Jesus Christ we have the new covenant.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't understand why you are saying there are two answers.

Then why not study what I posted? I posted from your apostle, Paul. This is what he said.

Romans 4

3For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.”​

9 Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness. 10 How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Back to the subject.

Galatians 3

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then why not study what I posted? I posted from your apostle, Paul. This is what he said.

Romans 4

3For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.”​

9 Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness. 10 How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised.

These are great Nick M. I do have no argument with scripture. I am confused by what you are wanting to communicate, however.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Back to the subject.

Galatians 3

If you have been brought to Christ you are no longer under the tutor of the law. (If you have been brought to Christ you have been saved by Christ.) But you are to obey God. The question is if this includes obedience to the law. The question is not if salvation is by works or obedience.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These are great Nick M. I do have no argument with scripture. I am confused by what you are wanting to communicate, however.

The Israelites have an everlasting covenant with God. They are required to do certain works. That is not for me.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If you have been brought to Christ you are no longer under the tutor of the law. (If you have been brought to Christ you have been saved by Christ.) But you are to obey God. The question is if this includes obedience to the law. The question is not if salvation is by works or obedience.
Romans 11:6 KJV

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Israelites have an everlasting covenant with God. They are required to do certain works. That is not for me.

I don't know what works you are speaking of. But I do want to know if you believe you ought to (should) obey Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 11:6 KJV

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

I believe you at least understand what the question is not. Or, can you explain what you are understanding or wanting to teach me?