Your opinion on God’s Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You don't have love!!! All you have is rule keeping like some IRS agent.

I am sharing the gospel of God's grace with you out of love. If I had no love I would not be warning you about the lake of fire. I would not be telling you about God's punishment for sin. I would not be telling you of His mercy.

Do you believe me that God's commands to love God and love your neighbor are found in Torah? Jesus taught these commands. Knowing this about the Law, and knowing the new covenant is not any different, I only need to say that God wants you to obey His commands, in the new covenant, if you are in the new covenant by the shed blood of Jesus. None of God's commands are opposed to love. They are all about love. We don't often see this in the Law. Salvation is not by the Law. But you still have God's commands, even in the new covenant, whatever these commands are. I observe the Law because I feel I should as a Christian, though not all of God's Law is required for Gentiles. If new covenant commands are different from old covenant commands I have yet to be shown this. As for God's Law I observe old covenant law as a new covenant believer. As for if the punishments of the old covenant law are for today, we can know what God's Law says and then we need to minister the truth and grace of God in the gospel, the salvation of your soul (the salvation of your souls). Each and every person must call upon the name of the Lord for salvation. The promise of forgiveness and eternal life in the shed blood of Jesus is for Jew and Gentile, whomever God will call to Himself. This can be you. You can be saved by God's grace in accordance with your faith. This is the gift of God. It is not of works. It is not of the works of the Law. Your efforts of yourself will not save you from your sin. You should make things right if you have hurt or harmed anyone, or stolen anything. But know that God's love for you, demonstrated in sending His Son to die for you, knows no end in regard to your sin. He can save you completely and make you a new person. Your wants and desires will change. As a child of God you will want to serve your Master, God. He is the Creator of the world and His Son is Jesus Christ our Lord.

I can't change the Law for you. But I can tell you about Jesus and that the new covenant has come. The people broke the old covenant so God made a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Now Gentiles are grafted in. May you increase in every way and may your life be a reflection of His Son and may you produce fruit for God. God's peace to you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Luke 22:7-20 NASB - 7 Then came the first day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. 8 And Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and prepare the Passover for us, so that we may eat it." 9 They said to Him, "Where do You want us to prepare it?" 10 And He said to them, "When you have entered the city, a man will meet you carrying a pitcher of water; follow him into the house that he enters. 11 "And you shall say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher says to you, "Where is the guest room in which I may eat the Passover with My disciples?"' 12 "And he will show you a large, furnished upper room; prepare it there." 13 And they left and found everything just as He had told them; and they prepared the Passover. 14 When the hour had come, He reclined at the table, and the apostles with Him. 15 And He said to them, "I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; 16 for I say to you, I shall never again eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God." 17 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He said, "Take this and share it among yourselves; 18 for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes." 19 And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." 20 And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.