"You think" you posses eternal life.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
hello AMR, i will friend you later, while i saw a post here, i heard about Presbyterian USA and some Evangelical Presbyterian Churches leaving to form the Covenant Order something ? in st. louis (chesterfield) we have the oldest Presbyterian Church in america west of the mississippi. the split seems to be mainly about pro-choice and gays. is that accurate ? what's different about Presbyterian denominations ?
The PC(USA) seems to have lost its way, so there have been some movement by some conservatives within it to break away from the group.

BTW, I am a member of the PCA...not the PC(USA). ;)

See some info about differences within Presbyterianism here:

http://www.tateville.com/churches.html

AMR

Levolor

No one does. To have eternal life, one cannot have been born. Life eternal is without beginning and without end. We all have begun and we all will die. Only God is eternal.

Interesting. And thank you for straightening my conception out. I still can't seem to reconcile what you said above and what you said previously:
The world to come is the world of the grave. That's the world of eternal peace.

Can you help me out with this?

Your entire reply at the top here makes me think of Melchizedek. And Jesus too... but not for the same reasons, even though Jesus is a priest after the order of Melchizedek. :think:

Thank you in advance to any response to this post you might make.

Shalom

Last edited:

oatmeal

Redundant, good day.

Psalm 136:1-26

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

5 To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

7 To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:

8 The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:

9 The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

10 To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy endureth for ever:

11 And brought out Israel from among them: for his mercy endureth for ever:

12 With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy endureth for ever.

13 To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever:

14 And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth for ever:

15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever.

16 To him which led his people through the wilderness: for his mercy endureth for ever.

17 To him which smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

18 And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

19 Sihon king of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth for ever:

20 And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth for ever:

21 And gave their land for an heritage: for his mercy endureth for ever:

22 Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever.

23 Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever:

24 And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.

25 Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever.

26 O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Psalm 136:1-26

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

5 To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

7 To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:

8 The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:

9 The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

10 To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy endureth for ever:

11 And brought out Israel from among them: for his mercy endureth for ever:

12 With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy endureth for ever.

13 To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever:

14 And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth for ever:

15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever.

16 To him which led his people through the wilderness: for his mercy endureth for ever.

17 To him which smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

18 And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

19 Sihon king of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth for ever:

20 And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth for ever:

21 And gave their land for an heritage: for his mercy endureth for ever:

22 Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever.

23 Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever:

24 And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.

25 Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever.

26 O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

not to detract from Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Songs, which are great, and contain everlasting truths of God. we all should keep in mind, the purposes for which they were written. inspired of God and by God, meant for worship, prayer, praise, wisdom, songs, poetry, and marriage. not to prove points or point fingers, with insinuation. - :patrol:

oatmeal

not to detract from Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Songs, which are great, and contain everlasting truths of God. we all should keep in mind, the purposes for which they were written. inspired of God and by God, meant for worship, prayer, praise, wisdom, songs, poetry, and marriage. not to prove points or point fingers, with insinuation. - :patrol:

II Timothy 3:16

Someone needed reproof and correction

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Prayers of righteous man is effective. I don't know if we are deceitful and not being true to Jesus, our prayers will be heard. I don't think so. Jesus does not approve of lip service.

This is especially for you pj.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
II Timothy 3:16

Someone needed reproof and correction

You are placing yourself to correct Christians.

Jesus does not advocate arrogant Christians.

FYI, I am only spreading Jesus' whole messages which have been distorted to spread to the world.

Ben Masada

Eternal is God's viewpoint

Everlasting is man's viewpoint

God calls it eternal life for God foreknew who would choose to believe Him.

Nothing to do with man's viewpoint. The Lord said that man cannot live forever and that's the truth. (Gen. 3:22-24)

Ben Masada

Oh, that's right... you're kinda like the Sad-u-sees who didn't believe in the resurrection. Kinda like an atheist, but not.

Neither the Sadducees nor the Pharisees believed in bodily resurrection. Both believed in the metaphorical resurrection from exile and back to the Land of Israel. (Ezek. 37:12) Mind you that Jesus also did not believe in bodily resurrection. And neither did his Apostles. (Luke 24:11)

Ben Masada

Interesting. And thank you for straightening my conception out. I still can't seem to reconcile what you said above and what you said previously:

Can you help me out with this?

Your entire reply at the top here makes me think of Melchizedek. And Jesus too... but not for the same reasons, even though Jesus is a priest after the order of Melchizedek. :think:

Thank you in advance to any response to this post you might make.

Shalom

The expression, "To be a priest after the order of Melchizedek" means to be a priest not after the order of Aaron. That's all. The Melchizedek in this expression has nothing to do with that Canaanite pagan king in the old Canaanite city of Salem.

Levolor

The expression, "To be a priest after the order of Melchizedek" means to be a priest not after the order of Aaron. That's all. The Melchizedek in this expression has nothing to do with that Canaanite pagan king in the old Canaanite city of Salem.

I still have no clarity.

Perhaps it is because you know this so thoroughly that you can't get all the in-between thoughts expressed that would give me a nice tidy understanding from you.

I thank you for your effort anyway.

Shalom

nodelink

Mind you that I am the only one in this forum who promotes the real gospel of Jesus while all the other posters promote the gospel of Paul. Perhaps you have forgotten that Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism.

Prominent New Testament characters include Peter, Paul, John, James, Jude and, of course, Jesus Christ.

The messages from these characters are varied but can be harmonized.

Yes, IMHO, I often think that contemporary evangelicals do tend to over-emphasize Paul and to give too little attention to the words of the others (including the words of Jesus Christ Himself).

nodelink

The Levitical priests offered frequent animal sacrifices.

Melchizedek the priest didn't do that.

Modern practitioners of "Judaism" no longer offer animal sacrifices.

A restored "Judaism" might restore animal sacrifices but they wouldn't really be needed. Jesus Christ was the perfect, unblemished Lamb of God who was offered once and for all as a sufficient, atoning sacrifice not to be repeated.

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. - Genesis 14:18

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, IMHO, I often think that contemporary evangelicals do tend to over-emphasize Paul and to give too little attention to the words of the others (including the words of Jesus Christ Himself).

wow, how about that. someone actually knows the NT.

They canonized to many of Paul's teachings and not much of Jesus' word.

Jesus is the Lord, not Paul.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
wow, how about that. someone actually knows the NT.

They canonized to many of Paul's teachings and not much of Jesus' word.

Jesus is the Lord, not Paul.
:blabla:
and the Lord came to Paul with brand new teachings. they aren't Paul's. maybe you can't understand the words. the words of Jesus are written. they may be "easier" to understand for you, but stop blaming Paul and people that understand the revelation TO Paul, FROM Jesus. you are stuck on REPEAT and you can't get up - :stuck:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Mind you that I am the only one in this forum who promotes the real gospel of Jesus while all the other posters promote the gospel of Paul. Perhaps you have forgotten that Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism.

His faith was in God. it's not the gospel OF Paul. it's FROM Jesus TO Paul. perhaps, i have forgotten more than you know - :cow:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Just Who do you think Paul got his gospel from?

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

It is the only gospel that is the power of God to save you! When will you trust the Lord by believing it 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV?