"You think" you posses eternal life.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Quote:
John 5:39-40New International Version (NIV)

39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Quote:

39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

So, you believe you can have eternal life through Jesus?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Quote:

You said before that the book of John is without legitimacy because of these verses and you told another you tell people that they need to read 3 of the gospels only, and excluded the book of John - have you changed your mind now since you have found something in it you can cite from context and that you like?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
:

Jesus does not endorse studying the scripture like most of you do, and so proud of doing it.

Take look at most of you fighting over scripture and don't honor Jesus' simple teachings and commands.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Why does God not stop the Islamics?

That is the question you should ask and find the answer for.

Some of the answer is that men raise up their own enemies by both corruption and neglect.

Do you not believe God rules over the affairs of men, especially of His own people?

Do you not believe God punishes mankind?

Are you not trying to crucify Meshak?

Are you God?

You think you are.

LA

So categorically are you saying with jerzy and shackles that God is using Islam to punish the Trins?

When Nero all but wiped the church out with his persecutions was that God punishing the church?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You said before that the book of John is without legitimacy because of these verses and you told another you tell people that they need to read 3 of the gospels only, and excluded the book of John - have you changed your mind now since you have found something in it you can cite from context and that you like?

A while back she only trusted in the books of Matthew and Mark. She
despises the Apostle Paul. She has called him an anti-Christ. She the
most ignorant poster on TOL.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus does not endorse studying the scripture like most of you do, and so proud of doing it.

Take look at most of you fighting over scripture and don't honor Jesus' simple teachings and commands.

How do you get to KNOW Jesus teachings, unless you study the Scriptures?
Do you have a secret way of doing that?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

His no1 command is to love the brethren...are you obedient?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Just answer their questions.

Do you have any love for the brethren? no, so you fail the most important command.

Ye must be born again, unless meshak is born again she cannot see the Kingdom of God...have you been born again?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 3:16Modern English Version (MEV)

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Meshek, I know that I have eternal life you don't.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why are you even here?
Why are you here? ~ Red Foreman 2 Pe 2:1

If you had the power of Elijah would you have called down fire from heaven to consume her by now? 2 Kin. 1:10–12

As a reminder meshak is number 17 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category.
vivi_burn_emoticon_by_metalsoniccomicz.gif

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Both the written and living 'word' is essential.....

Both the written and living 'word' is essential.....

Hello meshak and all following,

I've read only the first 4 pages here,....and would agree with A4T's response (without the name-calling), that Jesus is not discouraging the study of scripture, but only emphasizing that such a 'study' would encourage the student to COME TO JESUS...that he would receive eternal life through such a 'meeting'. I'm sure you would agree that a person must accept Jesus first, and then his teachings, logically so.

Jesus was criticizing them for not understanding that the scriptures were pointing to him as the 'Christ' or 'Messenger' of 'God', the one coming to reveal or represent him.

This is pretty clear in the gospels, more particularly John's gospel, Jesus being the bread of life come down from heaven....the one we must receive in order to have eternal life. So all is really about what the scriptures are revealing, and the prophetic word that is embodied in and as Jesus, who is the one we are to RECEIVE. John's gospel emphasizes a spiritual communion or marriage with Jesus, whereby we come to know that we have eternal life, by the witness of His Spirit within us, confirmed by the prophetic word, which is our salvation.

Addendum:

Addressed above. Religious writings certainly have their place, and are studied by many of our world's religious traditions, as each religious cult-ure has their own sacred writings. Jesus apparently quotes from the OT and would have encouraged his disciples to know their own scriptures.

Sure, theres lots of verses and passages thrown out, discussed, debated and variously 'interpreted',....and debates or arguments can get circular, tedious and non-productive after a point. Now as to what Jesus simple teachings and commands are, you know that's pretty 'debatable' around here as well ;) - and so its back on the hamster wheel again.....

pj