"You think" you posses eternal life.

oatmeal

Oatmeal, your faith no different from the rest of mainstreamers even though you are a non-trin.

My claim is in the OP.

Good day.

So then, do you know if you have eternal life or not?

I John 5:13

You can know, it is God's will that you know if you do have it.

It available to read all of God's word and learn from it.

Ben Masada

You think you posses eternal life.

You think you posses eternal life.

No one does. To have eternal life, one cannot have been born. Life eternal is without beginning and without end. We all have begun and we all will die. Only God is eternal.

oatmeal

No one does. To have eternal life, one cannot have been born. Life eternal is without beginning and without end. We all have begun and we all will die. Only God is eternal.

Eternal is God's viewpoint

Everlasting is man's viewpoint

God calls it eternal life for God foreknew who would choose to believe Him.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If our Lord relied upon many other texts from Scripture, is it not obvious He placed great worth in them? Why, then, do you deny that the entire Scripture and not just the NT Gospels is our guide in faith and practice?

Rather than waving me off with no substantive interaction with my response above, can you explain exactly how I may be abusing Holy Writ "for [my own] satisfaction" when I state how our Lord used Scripture and even noted that Jesus made it patently clear all of Scripture testified to Him?

Please help me understand your position by being more explicit.

AMR

My faith is Jesus centered. You will not accept why I do this.
Since you ask, I will explain my faith but I will not debate my faith.

Christianity is all about Jesus and His teachings. Jesus upgraded His followers standards. Jesus abolished many OT laws. That's why I discard many of OT teachings or practice, yet mainstreamers flip flop using OT law or practice to suit their desires and satisfaction.

Christianity is not complicated as you mainstream making it out to be. That's how you misrepresent Jesus to the world.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So then, do you know if you have eternal life or not?

No one does. You have to wait on Jesus' judgment if you have been true to Him or not until the end. You are making yourself as judge of your salvation.

I am aiming to be accepted by Jesus. It is up to Jesus whether I meet His standards or not.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My faith is Jesus centered. You will not accept why I do this.
Since you ask, I will explain my faith but I will not debate my faith.

Christianity is all about Jesus and His teachings. Jesus upgraded His followers standards. Jesus abolished many OT laws. That's why I discard many of OT teachings or practice, yet mainstreamers flip flop using OT law or practice to suit their desires and satisfaction.

Christianity is not complicated as you mainstream making it out to be. That's how you misrepresent Jesus to the world.

Jesus didn't abolish the OT Law:

Matthew 5:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Luke 16:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus didn't abolish the OT Law:

Matthew 5:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Luke 16:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

This is how you pervert Jesus' word.

What Jesus saying is He does what we are supposed to do. OT people did not meet God's standards and Jesus did. That's what Jesus is saying.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Jesus does not endorse studying the scripture like most of you do, and so proud of doing it.

Hi milkshake! I like to study scripture, and find it often humbling, so, I must assure the proud notion is your projection???
:chew: huh?
We know them by their deeds.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is how you pervert Jesus' word.

What Jesus saying is He does what we are supposed to do. OT people did not meet God's standards and Jesus did. That's what Jesus is saying.

You better read that again because you have not got it right. He is saying that the law will not pass away until all is fulfilled.

oatmeal

No one does. You have to wait on Jesus' judgment if you have been true to Him or not until the end. You are making yourself as judge of your salvation.

I am aiming to be accepted by Jesus. It is up to Jesus whether I meet His standards or not.

Well, I know, and plenty of fellow believers know because we know God wants us to know.

Does Jesus know he is the son of God? He sure does.

Does Jesus know he is the way the truth and the life?

Does he know he is the bread of life?

Does he know he is the resurrection?

How did he know? did he read Matthew and Mark?

Or did he learn from Genesis through Malachi?

Since Jesus could know those things about himself, there is no reason for us not to be able to know that we have received the gift of eternal life and that we are sons of God.

Most parents tell their kids who their mom and dad are.

Why would God hold back knowledge that important?

He wouldn't, he wants us to know.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well, I know, and plenty of fellow believers know because we know God wants us to know.

Does Jesus know he is the son of God? He sure does.

Does Jesus know he is the way the truth and the life?

Does he know he is the bread of life?

Does he know he is the resurrection?

How did he know? did he read Matthew and Mark?

Or did he learn from Genesis through Malachi?

Since Jesus could know those things about himself, there is no reason for us not to be able to know that we have received the gift of eternal life and that we are sons of God.

Most parents tell their kids who their mom and dad are.

Why would God hold back knowledge that important?

He wouldn't, he wants us to know.

Redundant, good day.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If our Lord relied upon many other texts from Scripture, is it not obvious He placed great worth in them? Why, then, do you deny that the entire Scripture and not just the NT Gospels is our guide in faith and practice?

Rather than waving me off with no substantive interaction with my response above, can you explain exactly how I may be abusing Holy Writ "for [my own] satisfaction" when I state how our Lord used Scripture and even noted that Jesus made it patently clear all of Scripture testified to Him?

Please help me understand your position by being more explicit.

AMR

hello AMR, i will friend you later, while i saw a post here, i heard about Presbyterian USA and some Evangelical Presbyterian Churches leaving to form the Covenant Order something ? in st. louis (chesterfield) we have the oldest Presbyterian Church in america west of the mississippi. the split seems to be mainly about pro-choice and gays. is that accurate ? what's different about Presbyterian denominations ?