"You think" you posses eternal life.

oatmeal

That's what Paul, your lord says, not Jesus, my Lord.

read OP Jesus' word.

Do you trust Matthew? It is Matthew that wrote down the words in Matthew?

Do you trust Mark? It is Mark that wrote down the words in Mark

Do you trust Luke and John?

It is Matthew and Mark and Luke and John that wrote down those words, Jesus did not write those words

Do you trust Matthew and Mark and Luke and John?

Who told Matthew and Mark and Luke and John to write what they wrote?

II Timothy 3:16, God did. II Peter 1:21 God did.

Who told Paul to write what he wrote? God did.

oatmeal

Sorry, I take Jesus' word over Paul.

Jesus is my Lord, not Paul.

Then you miss out on what Jesus accomplished for you.

Paul was given the revelation to write what Jesus Christ accomplished for you.

He did not fulfill all until he sat down at the right hand of the throne of God and shed forth the gift of holy spirit. Acts 2:33

We must learn what Jesus Christ accomplished for us. To learn that we must turn to Paul's epistles.

Truths like Romans 5:1,9;8:1;12:1-3,10

And that is simply a tiny portion of what Jesus Christ made available to us.

If you want to deny what Jesus did, you can stay in the gospels, if you want to glorify God for what Jesus Christ did for you, you will have to learn from Paul's and Peter's and John's and Jude's writings

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you trust Matthew? It is Matthew that wrote down the words in Matthew?

Do you trust Mark? It is Mark that wrote down the words in Mark

Do you trust Luke and John?

It is Matthew and Mark and Luke and John that wrote down those words, Jesus did not write those words

Do you trust Matthew and Mark and Luke and John?

Who told Matthew and Mark and Luke and John to write what they wrote?

II Timothy 3:16, God did. II Peter 1:21 God did.

Who told Paul to write what he wrote? God did.

We ought to read Jesus' word to learn how to apply to our daily lives' to live godly or righteously.

You guys don't seem to realize Jesus' main teachings are all about us to live godly with pure mind.

Jesus was mainly sent to give us power to overcome our sins. Jesus teaches us plainly and simply.

The rest of disciples' word are only emphasizing to be obedient to Jesus' commands or teachings.

Convenient faith was already started early Christianity, it seems.

this post is for free light too.

blessings.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Religious Guesswork...........

Religious Guesswork...........

We ought to read Jesus' word to learn how to apply to our daily lives' to live godly or righteously.

You guys don't seem to realize Jesus' main teachings are all about us to live godly with pure mind.

Jesus was mainly sent to give us power to overcome our sins. Jesus teaches us plainly and simply.

The rest of disciples' word are only emphasizing to be obedient to Jesus' commands or teachings.

Convenient faith was already started early Christianity, it seems.

this post is for free light too.

blessings.

I got it,...while my former commentary still holds :) I don't disagree with you in principle,...most differences are in the subtle details and meanings of terms. I don't think any believer in Christ would deny that we are to be pure, holy, good, upright, righteous, DOING God's will.

As far as Paul goes, you and I appear to agree on some points, as there are problems with Paul as we've elaborated elsewhere. Even if you take Paul's writings as 'scripture', one is still encouraged to DO WHAT IS RIGHT,....this is a universal principle, obeying/respecting God's laws and serving 'God' and our fellow man by such principles as taught and LIVED by Jesus. It still includes following the human example of Jesus and living by the 'Christ' within,...you can look at both 'exoteric' and 'esoteric' aspects of Jesus teaching ( or Paul's for that matter,...just remember to do your best 'cherry-picking' ;) )

We can toss the ball farther out, and say that 'eternal life' is just a 'concept' anyways,...it can mean different things for different people. Some think they know all about it, but maybe we don't know and are just doing religious guesswork or picking out whatever doctrine feels the best :idunno:

Who knows?

pj

oatmeal

That's your opinion. I am not missing anything.

I know Jesus is perfect teacher of salvation. He taught us everything we need to know.

Did he?

How do you explain John 16:12-15?

There were truths that Jesus did not teach them that they could not bear now, but would be taught by the spirit of truth.

oatmeal

How do you figure that?

I read I John 5:13 and I believe it.

Of course, I was taught it within its context, but I chose to believe it.

I have the witness within myself and I know I have received the gift of eternal life.

That is not boasting, it is simply declaring what God wants me to know and I declare that.

I cannot declare things I know nothing of, but I can declare what I do know, and I know I have received the gift of eternal life from God.

It is available for any Christian to know.

God did not author scripture for our learning if He actually wanted us to remain ignorant of what it says.

Romans 6:23 is plain, the gift of God is eternal life...

God is giving away eternal life. Would God want you to know whether you have received it or not?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Did he?

How do you explain John 16:12-15?

There were truths that Jesus did not teach them that they could not bear now, but would be taught by the spirit of truth.

They were new believers, we are not. It has been 2000 years since Jesus came.

Ben Masada

John 3:16Modern English Version (MEV)

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Meshek, I know that I have eternal life you don't.

God so loved the world that to teach the world what love is, he was born as a Jew. Then the world killed him to show that they were not ready to learn what love is.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I have life NOW....because I am conscious, living, alive!

I have life NOW....because I am conscious, living, alive!

So boastful, it is not of Jesus. You don't have Jesus' spirit in you.

Well,....when it comes down to claiming that one has eternal life, and another does not,...that could be somewhat presumptuous, if its only based upon an acceptance or agreement of some doctrinal position or proposition. Eternal life itself,...is of the essence or Spirit of 'God', since 'God' is LIFE itself. If one has the Spirit of God indwelling them and is living according to the law or principles of that Spirit-presence, then they are abiding in that life-principle and living energy that is of 'God'. By nature it would be 'eternal', and give that soul immortality-potential. Therefore, there could be a point in time where the soul could merge with that living Spirit of God and become truly immortal. - all the rest are subtle details and speculations ;)

pj

Daniel1611

Jesus said, "I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish. Neither shall any man pluck them from my hand."

StanJ

Jesus does not endorse studying the scripture like most of you do, and so proud of doing it.
Take look at most of you fighting over scripture and don't honor Jesus' simple teachings and commands.

He was speaking to people who THOUGHT they knew what the scriptures said here, and showed them what they actually said. YOU would know that if YOU could understand and properly exegete scripture.

Matt 5:17
Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the prophets. I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill.

Matt 5:18
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Jesus used the phrase "it is written", over 70 times in the NT.

I'm very sure it is important to learn and KNOW how to read scripture in it's correct rendering. You should try it sometime.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said, "I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish. Neither shall any man pluck them from my hand."

It is conditional. If you are only giving a lip service, it does not count.

Jesus says "if you love Me, keep my commands".