ECT Will there be a temple, to worship the one true God, in the future?

daqq

Shalom.

I do not know how to respond. This is also my last post for the day.

Shalom.

Jacob

It may be difficult to believe but it is not difficult to understand. If Elohim says it is forever, or into the age, (depending on how one understands olam and-or aionos), then that is what it is: one either believes what the scripture says or not, and if not then the same causes a contradiction in what is written, (thus it cannot be speaking of a physical building made with the hands of men). And He does say the same concerning both the Solomon House and the Ezekiel House, as quoted previously above, that is to say, they are both into olam, or into the age, or forever. And when He makes an appearance, and says so to Solomon, it is a confirmation of the prayer of dedication, as from that same passage which I also referenced:

1 Kings 9:3 KJV (2 Chronicles 7:11-14, 15-16)
1 And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the LORD, and the king's house, and all Solomon's desire which he was pleased to do,
2 That the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as he had appeared unto him at Gibeon.
3 And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built,
to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.

Moreover the Solomon House is built as like unto a double portion of the Mishkan-Tabernacle measurements, (many of the dimensions are doubled), and therefore the Solomon House fits the same typology of the Mishkan. The Mishkan represents the greater exemplar for the individual mikdash-sanctuary-chapel of each individual Yisraeli as commanded in Exodus 25:8-9, "And let them make unto Me a mikdash-sanctuary so that I may dwell among them: according to all that I show you, after the pattern of the Mishkan-Tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye, (you all), make it", (see also: Ezekiel 11:16, "a little mikdash-sanctuary-chapel" among the nations). And this is precisely the understanding from the prayer of dedication where king Solomon prays before the House: for when he presents the prayer of dedication he turns to face the people and never turns back around to face the temple-building made with the hands of men:

1 Kings 8:12-14 KJV
12 Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
13 I have surely built thee an house to dwell in,
a settled place for thee to abide in for ever.
And the king turned his face about, and blessed all the congregation of Israel: ( and all the congregation of Israel stood; )

2 Chronicles 6:1-3 KJV
1 Then said Solomon, The LORD hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
2 But I have built an house of habitation for thee,
and a place for thy dwelling for ever.
And the king turned his face, and blessed the whole congregation of Israel: and all the congregation of Israel stood.

Check the context and see for yourself; king Solomon never turns back around to face the temple-building made with the hands of men, for Elohim does not dwell in temples made with the hands of men: never has and never will. The Solomon Temple-House therefore represents the people in its typology; the people are the Temple, whether it be each individual mikdash-sanctuary-chapel or the greater overall body of Messiah Temple, (which is the Ezekiel Temple). So the Solomon House, being the double portion by way of measurements, represents the Mishkan-Tabernacle, which therefore represents the pattern for each individual Yisraeli. The Ohel-Tent and the Sukkah or hut, (i.e. of David), are therefore the same typology. In this manner no doubt the Temple is into the age; for it speaks not of a single temple made with the hands of men, but rather, the holy people of Elohim which are each an individual mikdash-sanctuary-chapel-temple and make up the greater overall great congregation body of Elohim, in Messiah. The Ezekiel Temple is therefore also into the age, or forever, for it represents the body of Messiah, as it is written, "Surely Adonai will do nothing unless He reveal His secret unto His servants the prophets", and again, "Sacrifice and offering You have not desired, but a body You have fitted-framed for me, (the Ezekiel Temple), in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You had had no pleasure: then said I, Behold, I am come, in the volume of the Sefer it is written concerning me".

So then, "if you build it they will come", (Exodus 25:8-9, John 14:23). :)

Interplanner

Get rid of all the diagrams, guys, it was not going to be like that. The temple is now the living group of Christian believers, Eph 2B.

Finally, in the New Heavens and New Earth, it is Christ himself.

SaulToPaul 2

Get rid of all the diagrams, guys, it was not going to be like that. The temple is now the living group of Christian believers, Eph 2B.

Indeed, there is one household of God. But there is a purpose for a future physical temple, for 1000 years, which you deny because you do not believe your prophets.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps you might start here concerning the Ezekiel Temple:

Ezekiel 43:5-12 KJV
5 So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house.
6 And I heard him speaking unto me out of the house; and the man stood by me.
7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel
for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
8 In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger.
9 Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me,
and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.
10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities:
and let them measure the pattern.
11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.
12 This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy.
[six hundred by six hundred cubits with a fifty-cubit "commons" or "profane" suburb-area roundabout the outer wall - Ezekiel 42:20, 45:2] Behold, this is the law of the house.

These things are indeed supernal and eternal, (as is the Solomon House, 1Kings 9:3).
Shalom.

I have just read these scriptures in my Bible. Thank you for showing them to me here.

I do not know what to say about your statements or your thoughts here.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It may be difficult to believe but it is not difficult to understand. If Elohim says it is forever, or into the age, (depending on how one understands olam and-or aionos), then that is what it is: one either believes what the scripture says or not, and if not then the same causes a contradiction in what is written, (thus it cannot be speaking of a physical building made with the hands of men). And He does say the same concerning both the Solomon House and the Ezekiel House, as quoted previously above, that is to say, they are both into olam, or into the age, or forever. And when He makes an appearance, and says so to Solomon, it is a confirmation of the prayer of dedication, as from that same passage which I also referenced:

1 Kings 9:3 KJV (2 Chronicles 7:11-14, 15-16)
1 And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the LORD, and the king's house, and all Solomon's desire which he was pleased to do,
2 That the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as he had appeared unto him at Gibeon.
3 And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built,
to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.

Moreover the Solomon House is built as like unto a double portion of the Mishkan-Tabernacle measurements, (many of the dimensions are doubled), and therefore the Solomon House fits the same typology of the Mishkan. The Mishkan represents the greater exemplar for the individual mikdash-sanctuary-chapel of each individual Yisraeli as commanded in Exodus 25:8-9, "And let them make unto Me a mikdash-sanctuary so that I may dwell among them: according to all that I show you, after the pattern of the Mishkan-Tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye, (you all), make it", (see also: Ezekiel 11:16, "a little mikdash-sanctuary-chapel" among the nations). And this is precisely the understanding from the prayer of dedication where king Solomon prays before the House: for when he presents the prayer of dedication he turns to face the people and never turns back around to face the temple-building made with the hands of men:

1 Kings 8:12-14 KJV
12 Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
13 I have surely built thee an house to dwell in,
a settled place for thee to abide in for ever.
And the king turned his face about, and blessed all the congregation of Israel: ( and all the congregation of Israel stood; )

2 Chronicles 6:1-3 KJV
1 Then said Solomon, The LORD hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
2 But I have built an house of habitation for thee,
and a place for thy dwelling for ever.
And the king turned his face, and blessed the whole congregation of Israel: and all the congregation of Israel stood.

Check the context and see for yourself; king Solomon never turns back around to face the temple-building made with the hands of men, for Elohim does not dwell in temples made with the hands of men: never has and never will. The Solomon Temple-House therefore represents the people in its typology; the people are the Temple, whether it be each individual mikdash-sanctuary-chapel or the greater overall body of Messiah Temple, (which is the Ezekiel Temple). So the Solomon House, being the double portion by way of measurements, represents the Mishkan-Tabernacle, which therefore represents the pattern for each individual Yisraeli. The Ohel-Tent and the Sukkah or hut, (i.e. of David), are therefore the same typology. In this manner no doubt the Temple is into the age; for it speaks not of a single temple made with the hands of men, but rather, the holy people of Elohim which are each an individual mikdash-sanctuary-chapel-temple and make up the greater overall great congregation body of Elohim, in Messiah. The Ezekiel Temple is therefore also into the age, or forever, for it represents the body of Messiah, as it is written, "Surely Adonai will do nothing unless He reveal His secret unto His servants the prophets", and again, "Sacrifice and offering You have not desired, but a body You have fitted-framed for me, (the Ezekiel Temple), in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You had had no pleasure: then said I, Behold, I am come, in the volume of the Sefer it is written concerning me".

So then, "if you build it they will come", (Exodus 25:8-9, John 14:23). :)

Shalom.

I do not know how to respond to you. It is possible that you do not have all of this right.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Shalom.

I do not know about the diagram.

I do not know about what you are saying either. But in regard to diagrams, you may have a point at this time. I do not know for certain. However, or but, I am appreciative of what you are saying. I do not see the diagram in the verses that I read from what was posted. I do not know why this (that) is.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Indeed, there is one household of God. But there is a purpose for a future physical temple, for 1000 years, which you deny because you do not believe your prophets.

Shalom.

I do not understand your view.

I do not know what to think about a temple for a thousand years. I have not been shown this from scripture.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

All of this has already been either referenced or quoted in this thread:

Amos 3:7-8 KJV
7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
8 The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken, who can but prophesy?

Hebrews 10:5
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou
κατηρτισω-fitted-framed for me:

Ezekiel 43:7-10 KJV
7 And he said unto me, Son of man,
the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
8 In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger.
9 Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me,
and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.
10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities:
and let them measure the pattern.

So the measurements and pattern of the eternal Body of Messiah are not for you:
But what is that to me? Stay where you are then, with your carcass, O king . . . :chuckle:

daqq

In the new heavens and the new earth it already is like this: you simply cannot see it.

Interplanner

I just heard the Bible project's intro to Zechariah. The temple was to have come after the exile and would be a place for all nations to worship. It is obvious that Paul meant this when calling Christ's body the living temple and celebrating how the nations could enter in Christ.

daqq

Get rid of all the diagrams, guys, it was not going to be like that.

In the new heavens and the new earth it already is like this: you simply cannot see it.

You say "that" because it is not in you. :)

Get rid of the Preterist buffoonery, guy, because you are overthrowing the faith of anyone who listens to your hyper Josephus-based historicism and at the same time you are denying the Testimony of both Messiah in the Gospel accounts and Paul in his writings. I clearly explained how my position has nothing to do with a literal temple-building made with the hands of men. Are you "that" blind or do you just go into a blind rage when you see a diagram of the Ezekiel Temple? You act like you detest scripture knowledge. Why is "that"? See, in "that" case I used "that" because I spoke of something outside myself; you. :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

I just heard the Bible project's intro to Zechariah. The temple was to have come after the exile and would be a place for all nations to worship. It is obvious that Paul meant this when calling Christ's body the living temple and celebrating how the nations could enter in Christ.

From a commentary, not the Holy Bible.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Perhaps more study is in order.

Shalom.

Jacob

Interplanner

After the Babylonian exile, they scraped together a temple under Nehemiah and/or Ezra. The line lamenting how poorly this looked was in Hag 2:3, and a little later in ch 2 we find that the glory of that dilapidation was going to be GREATER than what Solomon built.

This means that what Herod did was practically a horror because it was an awful person forcing people through taxes to pay for something they couldn't afford and that did not have God's Spirit. That, instead, was going to be in Christ and his community, as Eph 2B says--the living temple. Christ had no awe for Herod's temple; Jn 1. He knew that the prophets were talking about Him as the temple.

Hey how about get the background at the Bible Project on Zechariah, on youtube.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
After the Babylonian exile, they scraped together a temple under Nehemiah and/or Ezra. The line lamenting how poorly this looked was in Hag 2:3, and a little later in ch 2 we find that the glory of that dilapidation was going to be GREATER than what Solomon built.

This means that what Herod did was practically a horror because it was an awful person forcing people through taxes to pay for something they couldn't afford and that did not have God's Spirit. That, instead, was going to be in Christ and his community, as Eph 2B says--the living temple. Christ had no awe for Herod's temple; Jn 1. He knew that the prophets were talking about Him as the temple.

Hey how about get the background at the Bible Project on Zechariah, on youtube.

Shalom.

Thank you for suggesting something. I may not as I am currently out of my element.

Shalom.

Jacob