ECT Will there be a temple, to worship the one true God, in the future?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I know studying the prophets is different from studying eschatology.

Is there any reason to believe there will be a temple in Jerusalem again, after it having been destroyed in 70 AD, in the future?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is there any indication in the Bible that there is a temple yet to come, sacrifices there or not, apart from what we find in Ezekiel? And, to be more specific, is that which we find in Ezekiel NOT a temple yet to come?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Is there any indication in the Bible that there is a temple yet to come, sacrifices there or not, apart from what we find in Ezekiel? And, to be more specific, is that which we find in Ezekiel NOT a temple yet to come?

Jesus Christ is the final fulfillment of any and all temple prophecies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Christ is the final fulfillment of any and all temple prophecies.
Believers have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them which makes them each individually a temple of the Holy Spirit. There is also a temple made without hands (the church, the body of Christ). Of what do you speak?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Eze 43:10 "Son of man, describe the temple to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and let them measure the pattern.
Eze 43:11 And if they are ashamed of all that they have done, make known to them the design of the temple and its arrangement, its exits and its entrances, its entire design and all its ordinances, all its forms and all its laws. Write it down in their sight, so that they may keep its whole design and all its ordinances, and perform them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Eze 43:10 "Son of man, describe the temple to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and let them measure the pattern.
Eze 43:11 And if they are ashamed of all that they have done, make known to them the design of the temple and its arrangement, its exits and its entrances, its entire design and all its ordinances, all its forms and all its laws. Write it down in their sight, so that they may keep its whole design and all its ordinances, and perform them.
Do you remember the pattern Moses saw? Are you speaking of something different here?

And then we have what the writer of Hebrews put. Where was it that Jesus entered with His blood?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you remember the pattern Moses saw? Are you speaking of something different here?

And then we have what the writer of Hebrews put. Where was it that Jesus entered with His blood?

He did not enter WITH His blood into Heaven.

Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Gotta go.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I will think about it.

Hebrews 9:24 NASB - For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Absolutely!

Revelation 15:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Absolutely!

Revelation 15:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:

Yes! And who sat upon the throne with the sole authority to officiate in the heavenly temple, but the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the fulfillment of all prophecy of the heavenlies!!!

Livelystone

Both the destruction of the temple and Jesus being raised from the dead three days after His crucifixion?

It is now the third day since His crucifixtion that is the period of time when the temple of His Body will be perfected (His sons appearing in His image and after his likeness (Ro.8:18-21 KJV)

Luke 13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day (1 day) and to morrow (2 days), and the third day (today) I shall be perfected.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Either get it right now or forever hold your peace

(Not being spoken just to you but to all) :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes! And who sat upon the throne with the sole authority to officiate in the heavenly temple, but the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the fulfillment of all prophecy of the heavenlies!!!
Why do you say a throne in the temple?

Revelation 3:21 speaks of a throne, and earlier in Revelation. But do I know it is a throne in a heavenly temple? No, I don't.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is now the third day since His crucifixtion that is the period of time when the temple of His Body will be perfected (His sons appearing in His image and after his likeness (Ro.8:18-21 KJV)

Luke 13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day (1 day) and to morrow (2 days), and the third day (today) I shall be perfected.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Either get it right now or forever hold your peace

(Not being spoken just to you but to all) :)
I don't get it and I don't know why you want me to hold my peace. What does it mean for a person to hold their peace?