ECT Why the Bride of Christ is the Body of Christ. 2

Right Divider

Body part
"And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." Revelation 21:2 (ESV)

It reads: AS a bride! NOT bride!
You're almost like a genius or something.
Rev 21:9-13 KJV And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. (10) And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, (11) Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; (12) And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: (13) On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
Nowhere is the body of Christ described as THE BRIDE OF CHRIST.

Paul does use a number of analogies to describe our relationship with Christ and some do include an analogy of marriage. But Paul never calls the church which is His body, the bride of Christ.

Cross Reference

You're almost like a genius or something.
Rev 21:9-13 KJV And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. (10) And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, (11) Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; (12) And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: (13) On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
Nowhere is the body of Christ described as THE BRIDE OF CHRIST.

Paul does use a number of analogies to describe our relationship with Christ and some do include an analogy of marriage. But Paul never calls the church which is His body, the bride of Christ.

I won't argue with that. I can see what you are saying and agree.

Do you think that the new Jerusalem, as given to be understood, is not an metaphor/analogy of a divine/glorified organism that it be described as a Bride? Certainly what is revealed as given is no reason to start a new doctrine?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Which ones?

The ones Paul referred to.

To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours. (1 Corinthians 1:2 NKJV)​

Was Paul a saint? Was he a member of the body of Christ.

...so we, being many, are one body in Christ and individually members of one another. (Romans 12:5 NKJV)​

Cross Reference

To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours. (1 Corinthians 1:2 NKJV)​

...so we, being many, are one body in Christ and individually members of one another. (Romans 12:5 NKJV)​

If that is true and I believe it is "IF" indeed we believe as Paul believed Jesus accomplished, how come there are so many denominations and divisions in the "church"? Are they man made or by God's intention?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If that is true and I believe it is "IF" indeed we believe as Paul believed Jesus accomplished, how come there are so many denominations and divisions in the "church"? Are they man made or by God's intention?

Many don't follow Paul's instruction to test all things and to hold fast to what is good (1 Thessalonians 5:21 NKJV).

Cross Reference

Many don't follow Paul's instruction to test all things and to hold fast to what is good (1 Thessalonians 5:21 NKJV).
No doubt a reason for the many splits in the church. However, would you say their salvation might be affected or something other?

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
[/INDENT]Nowhere is the body of Christ described as THE BRIDE OF CHRIST.

Yes he does.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, Paul was the first. He was the PATTERN to them which should hereafter believe on Him to life everlasting. 1 Tim 1:16

Right Divider

Body part
Yes he does.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

LA
I guess that you do not know what an analogy is. This is NOT the FUTURE marriage of the Lamb, whose bribe is describe in the book of the Revelation.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No doubt a reason for the many splits in the church. However, would you say their salvation might be affected or something other?

Many are called to be firstborn, but few make the cut. Why? Because the Father seeks those who will worship him in Spirit and truth.

Those who are not firstborn will receive salvation in the Last Day if they choose it.

Cross Reference

Many are called to be firstborn, but few make the cut. Why? Because the Father seeks those who will worship him in Spirit and truth.

Those who are not firstborn will receive salvation in the Last Day if they choose it.

Jesus was the only "first born" of many sons brought unto glory. Speaking of Jesus as the "second Adam; mortal man as God intended for mortal man to be from the beginning:

"For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren" Hebrews 2:10-11 (KJV) . . . "Heirs of God. Joint heirs with Jesus".

SaulToPaul 2

I guess that you do not know what an analogy is. This is NOT the FUTURE marriage of the Lamb, whose bribe is describe in the book of the Revelation.

Indeed, the marriage supper of the Lamb is still yet future. And the joining of Christ and the City.

If we are the future bride, how could Paul say this?

Eph 5:30 (KJV). We are already one with him.

Cross Reference

Indeed, the marriage supper of the Lamb is still yet future. And the joining of Christ and the City.

If we are the future bride, how could Paul say this?

Eph 5:30 (KJV). We are already one with him.

The same way he could say this:

"If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, . . . . "
Colossians 1:23 (KJV)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
O c'mon. Get with the program. Jesus and He alone was the first born . . .period..

Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the LORD: “Israel is My son, My firstborn. So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn.'" (Exodus 4:22-23 NKJV)​

Israel was adopted by God.

Cross Reference

Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the LORD: “Israel is My son, My firstborn. So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn.'" (Exodus 4:22-23 NKJV)​

Israel was adopted by God.

Israel was birthed, just like Jesus.