ECT Why the Bride of Christ is the Body of Christ. 2

Cross Reference

So why did Paul believe Israel was adopted?

Jesus had no other father than God, this is not true of Jacob's people. They all had a human father.

Jesus was adopted as well. To understand this you have to understand Roman adoption and how it is accomplished . . .and why? Look into it.

Cross Reference

Jesus was conceived in Mary by God's power, not by his stepdad.

Has no bearing on His still being adopted. . . . . remember, we are speaking of His humanity in this, not His conception by Supernatural means. He had to fulfill all righteousness that the law could be fulfilled in Him that He could qualified to . . . redeem mankind.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Bride of Christ is the Body of Christ because God though the Holy Spirit called out a wife for Isaac , where Isaac represented Jesus Christ, the son of the promise.

There is no calling of another identity called the personal body itself of Isaac.

To be baptized by the Spirit into the Body of Christ is to become part of Christ's Bride and such who are truly baptized into Christ know of their relationship being as an engaged woman with a Husband, being washed by the Word, that they may be presented to their returning husband without blemish to be wed fully to Him.

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

The Bride of Christ is the Body of Christ because God though the Holy Spirit called out a wife for Isaac , where Isaac represented Jesus Christ, the son of the promise.

There is no calling of another identity called the personal body itself of Isaac.

To be baptized by the Spirit into the Body of Christ is to become part of Christ's Bride and such who are truly baptized into Christ know of their relationship being as an engaged woman with a Husband, being washed by the Word, that they may be presented to their returning husband without blemish to be wed fully to Him.

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

LA

Once again, the lamb's wife is a city.

Cross Reference

Once again, the lamb's wife is a city.

I didn't know the church was a city, a city subjected to Christ?

"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church." OOPS! I mean the New Jerusalem!

Ephesians 5:31-32 (KJV)

However, in the end will any of this bickering back and forth matter if we are found in Christ?

SaulToPaul 2

The Body of Christ is as the man Adam before the woman was taken out of him. Adam was a man.

Gen 1
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

SaulToPaul 2

The Lamb's wife, the City, is as the man Adam after the woman was prepared and presented back to him.

There is a difference between the Body and Bride.

Cross Reference

The Lamb's wife, the City, is as the man Adam after the woman was prepared and presented back to him.

There is a difference between the Body and Bride.
Yes, there is and it is "mystery" of . . . . intimacy we are not, as yet, able to comprehend. That is why Paul used the Husband and wife example as the analogy.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, there is and it is "mystery" of . . . . intimacy we are not, as yet, able to comprehend. That is why Paul used the Husband and wife example as the analogy.

Jeremiah used that same analogy for Christ and Israel. However, death terminates a marriage.

DAN P

LA

Hi and again they are trying to MIX O T with Pauline truth !!~

In Gal 3:28 , you will never have MALE nor FEMALE and you will never explain it , can you ??:bang::bang:

You will never IGNORE it as you have read Gal 3:28 and then RUN for the Hills , screaming , NO , NO !!

dan p