ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

GuySmiley

Enlighten us.
I asked questions. Questions aren't meant to enlighten the hearers, but are meant to be a request for information.

For example: If I started a thread asking "Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?" it would indicate that I am sincerely wanting information. It would be dishonest to ask the question, then refuse to consider the answers presented so I could argue with people.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
I asked questions. Questions aren't meant to enlighten the hearers, but are meant to be a request for information.

For example: If I started a thread asking "Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?" it would indicate that I am sincerely wanting information. It would be dishonest to ask the question, then refuse to consider the answers presented so I could argue with people.

Yawn.
Read the op.

Is this it? The answers were found wanting and dismissed after consideration as rhetoric.
All you are left with is to question the question? Amazing.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
With this demonstration of poor knowledge it is no wonder you are and have never been a Protestant.

AMR

You resort to ad hominen.

You are of the Reformed faith, a Calvanist, Presbyterian and former Catholic, yes? Your argument to support your belief system has been noted.
We agree to disagree.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
With this demonstration of poor knowledge it is no wonder you are and have never been a Protestant.

One day you may actually study the resources I have provided in this thread and come to a better grasp of the matters at hand.

AMR

were you ever a catholic?

HisServant

I think you would have an equal chance of getting into heaven if you became Hindu, Buddhist or Muslim if you joined the RCC... as they have about the same amount in common with Jesus.

Jesus' church started in Jerusalem... and there it will forever remain, whether there is a physical presence or not. Rome on the other hand is under a perpetual curse for conquering and occupying Israel.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
I think you would have an equal chance of getting into heaven if you became Hindu, Buddhist or Muslim if you joined the RCC... as they have about the same amount in common with Jesus.

Jesus' church started in Jerusalem... and there it will forever remain, whether there is a physical presence or not. Rome on the other hand is under a perpetual curse for conquering and occupying Israel.

The first two words tell me everything.

Cruciform

Yes, very impressive link.Oh, ok, more than one splinter group means failure.Say it isn't so!!Scandalous!Holy cow! 242 is way more than one! Why do these groups qualify as different denominations if they all agree with Rome? Dishonesty is dripping from this link you provided. The author glosses over this after saying more than one denomination is a tragedy. That's an incredible double standard.By your link's logic, Catholics have at least 1,006 denominations, and since you clearly like to use the extrapolated figure of 50,000 for protestants, its fair to say Catholics now have 1,500. Your link says more than one is a tragedy.In the future when you quote this figure, we can just reply, "Already addressed here."
You may want to read it again, since you completely missed the point.

HisServant

The first two words tell me everything.

Why... its seems to me like you are just choosing a different shirt to put on for the day... in the end the other colors do not matter because its just a shirt (religion in this case)... and all religions are the product of human minds.

For me, my beliefs have to be way more important than just putting on a shirt.

GuySmiley

Here you merely display your fundamental ignorance of the Catholic faith. Try again.
It's a question. Rich apparently thinks its a valid criticism of protestants that we don't all go to church at the same time. Is that valid? Do all 1,500 Catholic denominations all go to church at the same time?

Cruciform

It's a question. Rich apparently thinks its a valid criticism of protestants that we don't all go to church at the same time. Is that valid? Do all 1,500 Catholic denominations all go to church at the same time?
It's an invalid question, since there are no such things as "Catholic denominations." Come back when you have an idea of what you're talking about.

GuySmiley

It's an invalid question, since there are no such things as "Catholic denominations." Come back when you have an idea of what you're talking about.
Consider this

According to that paper there are 242 among Roman Catholics alone. Your own source that you offered as a defense of your number says there are 242.

I'm trying to learn here. Help me out! I noticed in your figure of 50,000, you lump in protestants and independent churches, and then extrapolate into the future to get the 50,000 number.

I'm trying to follow your example! There must be 1,500 catholic denominations!