ECT WHY I DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS !!

God's Truth

Pay attention, Paulite.

I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, ‘to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

So in order to choose light, people must understand what the darkness is.To reject the darkness in favor of the light, leads to sins being forgiven. I know you hate this, cause it's the truth.

John 3:19 "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

If men's deeds are evil, making them love darkness, there is no turning to the light, is there?

What you say is excellent. People must know what it is that they are doing that is called sin.

andyc

Still made up.

Romans 7:13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.

If people understand the moral nature of sin by allowing the word of God to shine light on it, there is a change of heart concerning what is right and wrong. This is common sense.

andyc

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."

Once a person understands that a particular act is morally wrong, there will be a desire to not want to commit that act, unless they despise the light that seeks to expose sin.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus is the SACRIFICIAL LAMB of God.

The lamb being sacrificed IS for forgiveness of sins, AND the shedding of its blood.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:35
The next day John was standing there again with two of his disciples.

John 1:36
When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"

Even John the baptizer proclaimed it.
John 1:30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

John 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

God's Truth

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."

Once a person understands that a particular act is morally wrong, there will be a desire to not want to commit that act, unless they despise the light that seeks to expose sin.

Wow, good stuff, they, those who go against obedience and change the word repent being about sins, they do despise the light, as you have said.

What don't they get about Peter and James rebuking what they teach? See 2 Peter 2:16, and 17, and James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

Peter speaks of Paul, so it is not a different teacher with a different gospel. James speaks about this strange doctrine of faith without obedience.

The devil is old and there is nothing new about his teachings of faith alone without obedience.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are you trying to say not after Jesus the Man?

Jesus was no mere man!

An apostle is someone NOT TAUGHT BY MAN, but rather---taught by Jesus himself.

Paul is explaining that he is a real apostle taught by Jesus...he did NOT just get instructions from the other apostles!
You want Paul's gospel to be after man/ taught by others before him, but the passage in Galatians 1:11-12 KJV and others says it wasn't!

God's Truth

You want Paul's gospel to be after man/ taught by others before him, but the passage in Galatians 1:11-12 KJV and others says it wasn't!

Again. Are you calling the teachings to the Apostles of the Lamb to be from a mere man, Jesus?

God's Truth

John 1:30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

John 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

You are calling Jesus the mere man who taught the Twelve Apostles to the Lamb.

You are calling the risen Lord another...and better than the Man Jesus?

heir

TOL Subscriber
What are you talking about? How do you ever get that I want the scriptures to say something it does not?
You want to make people think that eternal life is not the gift of God by making it seem as if we're only not under some of the law of Moses. Just look at your own words
These are the works of righteousness that no longer matter:
It implies there are works of righteousness for salvation that still matter. You are a perverter of the good news of our salvation.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

God's Truth

Paul was arguing that he was taught by Jesus---JUST LIKE the other apostles, even though Paul was NOT among them at the time and even went against them.

Paul is NOT putting down Jesus who came in the flesh.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul was arguing that he was taught by Jesus---JUST LIKE the other apostles, even though Paul was NOT among them at the time and even went against them.

Paul is NOT putting down Jesus who came in the flesh.

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

You want to make people think that eternal life is not the gift of God by making it seem as if we're only not under some of the law of Moses. Just look at your own words It implies there are works of righteousness for salvation that still matter. You are a perverter of the good news of our salvation.
Paul is the one who tells us it is about believing AND OBEYING AS they did in times past, or did not do.

See 1 Corinthians 10!

Go ahead and read it.

PAUL gives a warning from Israel's past.

Tell me, how does Paul do that?

You are in big trouble if you want to continue to go against me for bringing up how we are to obey.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

We cannot enter that grace unless we have LIVING FAITH, not DEAD faith.

God's Truth

It's like you are in another conversation. :kookoo: Try and stick to the topic of the passage and explain why you don't believe it.

No that is what YOU are doing.

Were the Twelve Apostles to the Lamb taught by a mere man, or by God?

Just answer, accuser.

andyc

Wow, good stuff, they, those who go against obedience and change the word repent being about sins, they do despise the light, as you have said.

What don't they get about Peter and James rebuking what they teach? See 2 Peter 2:16, and 17, and James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

Peter speaks of Paul, so it is not a different teacher with a different gospel. James speaks about this strange doctrine of faith without obedience.

The devil is old and there is nothing new about his teachings of faith alone without obedience.

Yeah, the reason they despise repentance is because they only think of sin in terms of the act.
And so their reasoning is, if repentance means to turn from sin (sin as an act), it would be impossible to repent because someone will inevitably commit a sin act after being saved.
The problem for them is that the word sin has different meanings in Greek, but by concentrating solely on the English word sin, they only understand it as an act.
It is not the act of sin that is the problem so much, it's the person's attitude towards it. For example, someone who defends adultery is in a worse condition than someone who commits the act.

SaulToPaul 2

Yeah, the reason they despise repentance is because they only think of sin in terms of the act.
And so their reasoning is, if repentance means to turn from sin (sin as an act), it would be impossible to repent because someone will inevitably commit a sin act after being saved.
The problem for them is that the word sin has different meanings in Greek, but by concentrating solely on the English word sin, they only understand it as an act.
It is not the act of sin that is the problem so much, it's the person's attitude towards it. For example, someone who defends adultery is in a worse condition than someone who commits the act.

You sin daily, and you think about sin daily.
Does this mean you haven't repented?