ECT WHY I DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS !!

God's Truth

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Let me explain better then.

The Twelve Apostles to Jesus---they were taught by Jesus, correct?

Paul is defending himself by saying he too is an Apostle.

An Apostle IS ONE TAUGHT from Jesus.

Everyone knows though that Jesus had died and that Paul was NOT taught by Jesus when he was on earth.

Paul is arguing that he was taught by Jesus AFTER he had risen.

Paul is explaining that he was not taught by mere men, i.e. Peter and the other apostles, or anyone else.

Paul is saying that he was taught by Jesus TOO.

dodge

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

So you believe the preaching of the other Apostles was after man. Got ya, they taught about the resurrection of Jesus, and Jesus paying for their sins if they repent and follow God. That does not sound like the teachings of men that ALL the Apostles taught. What are you reading because it surely is not the bible.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What % of obedience proves they are saved?
No one obeys 100%.

Tell us...
You won't get a percentage number from them because they know it can only be 100%, and they know that they have not stopped sinning 100%.
So if only the unsaved continue to sin, there is no one saved.
Gonna have to come up with the right way to be saved other than the false impression that you have to clean yourself up first.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You won't get a percentage number from them because they know it can only be 100%, and they know that they have not stopped sinning 100%.
So if only the unsaved continue to sin, there is no one saved.
Gonna have to come up with the right way to be saved other than the false impression that you have to clean yourself up first.

"We no longer have to clean ourselves."- GT

andyc

You sin daily, and you think about sin daily.
Does this mean you haven't repented?

See what I mean?

STP only understands sin as an act.
His logic is, if repentance means to stop sinning, why do Christians still sin?

He needs to a little study in harmatology.

dodge

Does this mean that the saved never sin?

Nope , it means their sins are not accounted to them they are paid for by the sacrifice of Jesus who also taught to repent.

If one has no relationship with God they do not have the Holy Spirit residing within so they never yield to the Holy Spirits conviction to repent ,and some are even happy in their sins as scripture teaches eg. most homosexuals.

God's Truth

Yeah, the reason they despise repentance is because they only think of sin in terms of the act.
And so their reasoning is, if repentance means to turn from sin (sin as an act), it would be impossible to repent because someone will inevitably commit a sin act after being saved.
The problem for them is that the word sin has different meanings in Greek, but by concentrating solely on the English word sin, they only understand it as an act.
It is not the act of sin that is the problem so much, it's the person's attitude towards it. For example, someone who defends adultery is in a worse condition than someone who commits the act.

I am one who knows we do not have to learn Greek to know God's Truth; HOWEVER, those you are speaking of, they do care about Greek, so they say. So then, I respect what you say and definitely agree with what you say about God and repentance, but where does it fit in with sinning and repenting? Do you know what I mean? What is the underlining resistance to repentance even after one is saved? Where is the Greek and English discrepancy there? Why do they reject repenting AFTER one is saved? Oh and how they reject that.
By the way, thank you for this intricate discussion.

andyc

Ha Ha! So two dimensional.

What you need to think about is how you came to the conclusion that a particular sin act is morally wrong?
What makes fornication a sinful act?

You can't think about a morally wrong act until you first come to understand that the act is morally wrong.
If I judge a sin act as morally wrong, when previously I didn't, my attitude towards that act has changed.

REPENTANCE!

God's Truth

"We no longer have to clean ourselves."- GT

We Gentiles were EXCLUDED and WITHOUT God in the world because we did not clean ourselves, AS COMMANDED to do, by God. See Ephesians 2:12.

NOW NO ONE has to clean themselves, because Jesus does that WORK for us.

We still have to repent of our sins.

God's Truth

Ha Ha! So two dimensional.

What you need to think about is how you came to the conclusion that a particular sin act is morally wrong?
What makes fornication a sinful act?

You can't think about a morally wrong act until you first come to understand that the act is morally wrong.
If I judge a sin act as morally wrong, when previously I didn't, my attitude towards that act has changed.

REPENTANCE!

I love what you are saying to them.

God's Truth

WHO thinks about sin daily? Sinners?!

Those who obey Jesus do what Jesus says and therefore do not think about sins daily.

Obeying Jesus is powerful, and he will help you be released from sin and thinking about it daily.

DAN P

I am one who knows we do not have to learn Greek to know God's Truth; HOWEVER, those you are speaking of, they do care about Greek, so they say. So then, I respect what you say and definitely agree with what you say about God and repentance, but where does it fit in with sinning and repenting? Do you know what I mean? What is the underlining resistance to repentance even after one is saved? Where is the Greek and English discrepancy there? Why do they reject repenting AFTER one is saved? Oh and how they reject that.
By the way, thank you for this intricate discussion.

Hi and in Acts 26;20 REPENTANCE ia called WORKS !

Renpentance is connected with BAPTISM in Acts 19:4 !!~

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul is the one who tells us it is about believing AND OBEYING AS they did in times past, or did not do.
Ludicrous!

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

God's Truth

Hi and in Acts 26;20 REPENTANCE ia called WORKS !

Renpentance is connected with BAPTISM in Acts 19:4 !!~

dan p

John the baptizer taught it, Jesus Christ when he walked the earth and after he ascended taught it, and Paul taught it.

No one can be baptized with water or spiritually, unless they repent of their sins.

God's Truth

It goes in one ear and out the other.

I am troubled, because I am an enemy of the devil; yet, Jesus says let them fall into a pit.

I want to help them.

I have used them all to sharpen myself, but I am dismayed, for I am increased in knowledge, but they are still in the pit.

What do you say about that?