why does Rusha hate me?

bybee

Oh boy!

Oh boy!

Do you remember what happened at the end of the Clinton years? In his final two years he had a republican congress. They passed a big abortion bill and sent to Clinton and Clinton vetoed it. But there was a lot of support in both congress and the country for the bill.

Do you remember what happened when W took office? He had the same republican congress that Clinton had. There was still a lot of support in the country for an abortion bill. Do you remember what the abortion bill looked like that was sent to W for his signature? Here is a hint, the congress never took up the bill again.

What good are a whole panel of republican appointed judges if the republicans in office can't be bothered to actually pass a bill when they have the perfect opportunity to do so?
We have a democratic President in charge of the country and a democratic controlled congress in charge of spending money. Yet, what have they done beside spend money? Oh, that's right! That is exactly what they meant to do!
bybee

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the feminists say that without abortion equality is not possible
so
how can a feminist be against abortion

taikoo

so

By that, the guys should be complaining of inequality coz they cant have babies.

When you say 'the feminists" you make it sound as if everyone who flies that flag marches to the same tune! Not at all.

I am a feminist and i am very much against abortion.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
By that, the guys should be complaining of inequality coz they cant have babies.

When you say 'the feminists" you make it sound as if everyone who flies that flag marches to the same tune! Not at all.

do you believe you can have equality without abortion?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so

"THE" feminists? Are you speaking of ALL, some or a few? I AM a feminist, and I dare you to find even one post on this forum where I have suggested any such thing and not condemned abortion.

OTOH, there are those (not myself) who accuse Catholics of believing works will get them to heaven and of worshiping statues.

Are you one of *those* Catholics that do these things? Shall we all take a narrow page out of your book and blame you for every single Catholic that cheats on their spouse, frequents gay bars or for those church leaders who abuse children?

See unlike yourself, I am not the type of lazy thinker who takes a small group and applies it to ALL just because I hate some for disagreeing with me.

You will NEVER EVER find me agreeing with any self-pro-claimed feminist that uses abortion as an excuse for equality.

Women who wish to be treated as equals should NOT be using their gender as an excuse to be allowed to do something that males are NOT allowed to do ... kill their own children.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yep, same here. This is one of the problems that Chrys has. Rather than actually listen and consider, Chrys is satisfied with telling the rest of us what we believe, think, advocate for and THEN has the nerve to question why some people may find that offensive.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Yep, same here. This is one of the problems that Chrys has. Rather than actually listen and consider, Chrys is satisfied with telling the rest of us what we believe, think, advocate for and THEN has the nerve to question why some people may find that offensive.
Okay, this is WAY off track and I'm sorry but I have to ask. In your mind, what is the goal of feminism? How does feminism define "equality"?

taikoo

Also offensive is the habit of answering a question with a question.

and

doing it in a dorky

poetic looking format

like this.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay, this is WAY off track and I'm sorry but I have to ask. In your mind, what is the goal of feminism? How does feminism define "equality"?

I don't have anymore of a goal or an agenda as a feminist than you do as being a Christian.

I am going to assume some things about you, and IF I am incorrect, feel free to correct me.

Like yourself, I believe that I, my son and daughter, and everyone I know should be treated as an equal based on their own merits rather than their gender.

As I woman, I refuse to ever allow myself to be treated disrespectfully based on my sex.

I do not look down at SAHM's (wish I would have had the luxury to be one) OR women who need to work to support themselves or their children.

I do not look down on men who wish to experience the joy of being allowed to be a SAHD.

I do not see men in a marital relationship as automatically getting a green light to make ALL the decision regarding the family unit. This is the type of things that both partners need to discuss and compromise.

I also take great offense when people are discussing issues such as divorce due to a husband's adultery or abuse and suggestion that it is wrong for a partner to leave in such situations.

I do not see having children as the only reason for a couple to be allowed to marry. A family unit is still a unit even if the couple chooses to remain childless.

Of course, this is kind of going off topic being that we are suppose to be discussing my imaginary hatred for Chrys.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I don't have anymore of a goal or an agenda as a feminist than you do as being a Christian.

I am going to assume some things about you, and IF I am incorrect, feel free to correct me.

Like yourself, I believe that I, my son and daughter, and everyone I know should be treated as an equal based on their own merits rather than their gender.

As I woman, I refuse to ever allow myself to be treated disrespectfully based on my sex.

I do not look down at SAHM's (wish I would have had the luxury to be one) OR women who need to work to support themselves or their children.

I do not look down on men who wish to experience the joy of being allowed to be a SAHD.

I do not see men in a marital relationship as automatically getting a green light to make ALL the decision regarding the family unit. This is the type of things that both partners need to discuss and compromise.

I also take great offense when people are discussing issues such as divorce due to a husband's adultery or abuse and suggestion that it is wrong for a partner to leave in such situations.

I do not see having children as the only reason for a couple to be allowed to marry. A family unit is still a unit even if the couple chooses to remain childless.

Of course, this is kind of going off topic being that we are suppose to be discussing my imaginary hatred for Chrys.
I don't see anything there that i would disagree with other than setting out to become a single parent. I don't want to derail the thread to far so thanks for answering. We can now go back to getting others to explain why you hate Chrys.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't see anything there that i would disagree with other than setting out to become a single parent. I don't want to derail the thread to far so thanks for answering. We can now go back to getting others to explain why you hate Chrys.

In the case of single parenting, I am unsure what you mean. I really don't believe most women or men who marry do so for the goal of becoming a single parent.

As someone who has done the single parenting thing, it was not a desirable or easy position to be in, but rather a necessary one.

Okay back to letting the forum members tell me why I hate Chrys! :chuckle:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
"THE" feminists? Are you speaking of ALL, some or a few? I AM a feminist, and I dare you to find even one post on this forum where I have suggested any such thing and not condemned abortion.

OTOH, there are those (not myself) who accuse Catholics of believing works will get them to heaven and of worshiping statues.

Are you one of *those* Catholics that do these things? Shall we all take a narrow page out of your book and blame you for every single Catholic that cheats on their spouse, frequents gay bars or for those church leaders who abuse children?

See unlike yourself, I am not the type of lazy thinker who takes a small group and applies it to ALL just because I hate some for disagreeing with me.

You will NEVER EVER find me agreeing with any self-pro-claimed feminist that uses abortion as an excuse for equality.

Women who wish to be treated as equals should NOT be using their gender as an excuse to be allowed to do something that males are NOT allowed to do ... kill their own children.

this is why dialogue with Rusha is difficult

we are talking about abortion and feminism
and
all of a sudden we are dealing with
catholics
works
cheating
and
abuse of children

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
this is why dialogue with Rusha is difficult

This is why dialogue with Chrys is difficult.

we are talking about abortion and feminism
and
all of a sudden we are dealing with
catholics
works
cheating
and
abuse of children

NOOOO ... we were not. We were discussing "why does Rusha hate me?"

You really didn't expect me to NOT respond to your martyr thread and then ignore other posters with whatever questions they have, did you?

YOU asked a question, and I have been civil enough to answer you and explain in detail why I find you so annoying. Your being a party-line voice for the Republicans, your generalizations towards ALL feminists and divorced mothers, etc.

Also, I find you to be lacking and unconvincing as a prolife advocate. From everything you post, I really don't believe you care about the health and welfare of babies and their mothers as much as you care about towing your party line.

You are trying to convince other anti-abortion advocates to follow your voting practices rather than actually deal with the issue of WHY abortion happens and how we can work to fix the problem. Simply stating "vote Republican doesn't cut it".

I have never once read anything that would indicate you believe that women in crisis pregnancies should be cared for and emotionally supported. That is something that we all should strive for. You don't because to you it is all about politics. Abortion is evil, but still yet, it is a *human issue* ... not a political issue.

When you meet new people and invite them to your home, do you serve them sweetened tea ... OR ... vinegar?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
is there anything you can do about abortion?

Yep ... supporting women in crisis pregnancies, and supporting the full education for children in teens as to how to prevent pregnancy comes to mind.

BTW Chrys, do Republicans or their children ever abort or get preggers prior to marriage?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yep ... supporting women in crisis pregnancies, and supporting the full education for children in teens as to how to prevent pregnancy comes to mind.

BTW Chrys, do Republicans or their children ever abort or get preggers prior to marriage?

do you think abortion should be legal?