why does Rusha hate me?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Delicious?

Yes, and a biscuit is what most call a cookie. The best are big oval, low yeast, cake-like super cookie. Most cookies are little flat round things, so, biscuits are bigger and my favorite are chocolate biscuits.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The simple fact of the matter is that making abortion illegal will not end abortion.
Nobody said it would, but it would certainly make someone think before acting.
Murder is illegal and we have one of the highest murder rates on the planet.
Depends on how one compiles the stats, as we discover. By your implied reasoning here, should we decide to legalize murder, we would have fewer murders. Legally that would be true, but, as a practical matter, no.
Theft is illegal and people still steal. If your intention is to end abortion, making it illegal wont end it, just criminalize it.
Criminalizing an act is a trivial matter of no particular social effect? I'm sure the people in prison and those sitting on death row would be interested to know that.
If that is all you are after then fine. But if you want to end it then you need to change peoples hearts.
I agree and legal sanctions will help to do that. If one wishes to "change people's hearts", one must first get their attention.
Abortion is just a symptom of a much greater problem. You can treat the symptoms all you want but until you address the root cause, the symptoms will always remain.
And what is this "much greater problem?" Seems to be you're trying to morph the problem into some kind of benign aberration suitable for the next Oprah show.
And what is the root cause? Lust. Lust for money. Lust for sex. Lust for stuff. Lust for satisfying all of our worldly wants right now no matter what. Our society has lost it honor.
Lofty pontification which renders the problem unsolvable. Seems that your "solution" is to just let it happen and cry about the general state of humanity.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Nobody said it would, but it would certainly make someone think before acting.

Depends on how one compiles the stats, as we discover. By your implied reasoning here, should we decide to legalize murder, we would have fewer murders. Legally that would be true,but, as a practical matter, no.

Criminalizing an act is a trivial matter of no particular social effect? I'm sure the people in prison and those sitting on death row would be interested to know that.

I agree and legal sanctions will help to do that. If one wishes to "change people's hearts", one must first get their attention.

And what is this "much greater problem?" Seems to be you're trying to morph the problem into some kind of benign aberration suitable for the next Oprah show.

Lofty pontification which renders the problem unsolvable. Seems that your "solution" is to just let it happen and cry about the general state of humanity.

good post Frank
now
ask him about conservatives on the court

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
good post Frank
now
ask him about conservatives on the court
What we need in the courts in general are impartial people who can apply the law, not create it to suit some underlying political agenda. (Hard to do since judges are selected by politicians.) I suppose one could see a conservative v liberal thing going on here. For me, it's not so much a matter of conservative v liberal as it is Constitutional v anti-Constitutional.

My impression of CM is that he believes law to be an arbitrary mish-mash of social opinions which have no moral relevance.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What we need in the courts in general are impartial people who can apply the law, not create it to suit some underlying political agenda. (Hard to do since judges are selected by politicians.) I suppose one could see a conservative v liberal thing going on here. For me, it's not so much a matter of conservative v liberal as it is Constitutional v anti-Constitutional.

My impression of CM is that he believes law to be an arbitrary mish-mash of social opinions which have no moral relevance.

I'm sure you can tell the difference between the Bush judges and the Clinton/Obama ones

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"Run away thread, never coming ba-ack..." :guitar:

I don't think she hates you, Chrys.

:doh: Ruined the song...and dance.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
so how do you tell when someone really hates?

do you wait for them to admit it?

No, I by and large do what most people do, which is to consider their general methodology and what it says about them on a given thing...fruits/trees, that sort of thing.

:e4e:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Why do you choose dislike one you did like, based on an avatar? Is that not a bit shallow? What if I did not like white horses?

I don't like it when anyone changes their avatar
and
it makes you wonder
why
was there a need to change it
and
why
did they choose the one they did

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I don't like it when anyone changes their avatar
and
it makes you wonder
why
was there a need to change it
and
why
did they choose the one they did

It has been a TOL tradition, look at how many Knight has had, as well as many other members. I would have done it sooner if I had been more sure as to how to preserve my old one.

What confuses me is your reaction and choice to not see the merit in my past, as you once did? Then you questioned my identity, all this based on an avatar?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It has been a TOL tradition, look at how many Knight has had, as well as many other members. I would have done it sooner if I had been more sure as to how to preserve my old one.

What confuses me is your reaction and choice to not see the merit in my past, as you once did? Then you questioned my identity, all this based on an avatar?

I think your posts are different as well
and
don't you wonder why anyone feels the need to change their avatar?