and
my solution for abortion is to vote republican
and
that will not help unions
so
if I am right, she does not want to decide which is more important
and
I am forcing the issue

Horning in on the conversation, I know. Apologies. But...

You asked a question. Rusha answered it. Very well, I think. Clearly putting effort into answering it. Which you ignored completely. To hare off on the same old same old, more or less exactly what Rusha identified as disagreeable to her.

Rude and inconsiderate, cold and close-minded, one line, automated response. She nailed it right there for you. And you responded with precisely that.

I only jump in here because this also irritates the heck out of me about you. Honestly, if you were sitting here next to me when you posted this I'd smack you upside the head a bit.

View attachment 15771

Out of love, of course. But it'd still sting, I'd make sure.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I will go straight to my theory

We agree on abortion but not on unions which helped her father and
my solution for abortion is to vote republican and that will not help unions
Okay, stopping here for a moment. You wonder why she might find you less than loveable and then suggest she's willing to compromise principle relating to the preservation of human life, which you admit she champions, for the sake of shoring up union strength?

Meditate on that and you'll come closer to her complaint. :e4e:

OMEGA

1Th 4:1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Re 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me,
to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

We agree on abortion
but
not on unions which helped her father
and
and
so
and
I am forcing the issue

This is EXACTLY one of the reasons you annoy me so much. You are assuming something that is not reality.

YES, I am pro-union ... however, I realize I am in the minority, and as a matter of fact, there are many other anti-union members on this forum I get along just fine with.

However, the not voting Republican has nothing to do with their being against unions. It has to do with mainly with the president that YOU put into power. GWB had eight years to end abortion, and still yet it exists. He was more interested in play "Head Cowboy Governing the United States" by pushing a war than he was in doing what was best for the country. You vote blindly for candidates based on their affiliation.

GWB also pushed for abstinence ONLY education in school, minus comprehensive sex ed. I realize I am in the minority in so far as my POV on abortion. I am not even prolife (being that I am pro-death penalty), but rather anti-abortion.

I am also one of the few non Christians on this forum who is anti-abortion which basically means we have the same goal but a different idea of how to achieve it.

I am very much against stigmatizing young teens and women who find themselves pregnant because I wouldn't want to personally add to a very stressful time in their life when they are deciding whether or not to give life or have an abortion. Also, all three pregnancies I had were full of stress and people from both sides adding to MY stress during that time.

So even though I am every bit as anti-abortion as you, I sometimes think our reasons for being so are different. I AM a feminist (another one of those people you dislike) and value the life of the unborn every bit as much as the life of the mother. You are extremely unwilling to consider that there is not a one size fits all when it comes to family values, feminism and anti-abortion advocates.

Also, I feel that you are more concerned with traditional marriage REGARDLESS of the state of individual marriages, then you are for the men, women and children involved in the family unit. As an advocate against child and spousal abuse, I find the way you disregard these issues as repulsive.

Bottomline, you categorize people in a way that dismisses their views. You are insulting to some people, however, IF that is not a problem to you, then you shouldn't get upset when others react negatively towards your tactics.

Oh and Chrys, IF this post has offended you, please do remember that it was you who brought the question to this forum.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
This is a thread hijack. If everybody does what I say, nobody will get hurt.

We agree on abortion
but
not on unions which helped her father
and
and
so
and
I am forcing the issue
History has proven that you are wrong. The republicans give good lip service to ending abortion. But every time they have been in a position to really do something about it (as in control of the house, senate and White House), they have done nothing. It is about time that wake up and realize that actions speak louder than words and the republican action, or lack there of, in regards to abortion mean the republicans have no intention of changing anything. As long as they say the right words, they know that people like you will continue to vote for them regardless of what they actually do.

Okay, thread hijack over. Thank you for your cooperation!

assuranceagent

When I have tried to have dialogue with you in the past, and I have shared something personal as to why I believe all your generalizations are unfair, your response tends to ... disregard everything I have stated.
I have my own theory
but
I am really interested in what others might think about this

Okay. I don't know if Chrys did that on purpose, but that's hysterical. :rotfl:

drbrumley

nobody likes you

I like him too. I just think he is a tool of the Republicans and whatever their talking points are, he follows like a little sheep. Yes that bothers me but I like him anyway.

I like you too, except for your cross dressing and choice of lifestyle. :up:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Okay, stopping here for a moment. You wonder why she might find you less than loveable and then suggest she's willing to compromise principle relating to the preservation of human life, which you admit she champions, for the sake of shoring up union strength?

Meditate on that and you'll come closer to her complaint. :e4e:

You put it short, but well!

As you well know, political parties are always compromised by the influence of wealth. The reason Republicans have not attempted to change abortion laws, is the same reason they do nothing about moral issues; it is a money game. The power is in the hands of the most wealthy.

It seems obvious when one looks at Obama's current ratings he may have had good intentions, yet in Washington, he faces the reality that politics is a practical profession and practical is to do business with who one needs. Just as George Bush may have wanted to overturn abortion, he is not able to do it, rather he supports the munitions makers, thus the war.

What the USA needs is to redevelop new means of production to curb the consumption of foreign goods. It would not be easy, since we spend in interventionism, which is not in the best interest of a country in debt.

I would vote for anyone who favors curbing the debt by limitation interventionism. It is apparent I dislike neocons! Regardless of party, the candidate who is willing to put our nation first gets my vote.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The republicans give good lip service to ending abortion. But every time they have been in a position to really do something about it (as in control of the house, senate and White House), they have done nothing.

what could they have done?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
what could they have done?
Depends on what you expect them to accomplish. If you want to make abortion illegal then they could have passed a law defining when life begins. Roe v Wade makes note of this issue. By defining when life begins, say at conception, then abortion is illegal. Hospitals, planned parent hood and other providers would have to immediately cease performing abortions.

If you want to end abortion then there is nothing they can do. By making abortion illegal all you do is drive it underground. Abortions will be fewer, but they will not cease. You cannot legislate and end to abortion, you can only make it illegal.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Depends on what you expect them to accomplish. If you want to make abortion illegal then they could have passed a law defining when life begins. Roe v Wade makes note of this issue. By defining when life begins, say at conception, then abortion is illegal. Hospitals, planned parent hood and other providers would have to immediately cease performing abortions.

any law regarding abortion will go to the Supreme Court where liberals will find it to be unconstitutional

do you understand that?