ECT Who is responsible for "dying to self"?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
If it is as you say then what is overcoming sin all about? What is the law of the flesh?

First, it's not what i say, but what paul has said. Second, Jesus overcame sin "for us" on Calvary, right. We overcome sin when we are "in Him", and He is "in us". We are "in Him" when we faithe into Him. We Faithe into Him by a continual surrendering of our lives to Him, and living a life inspired by that surrender. This is the state of Sanctification, (separated from our sinful nature), and Justification,( to be just like Jesus ). This is the state of being paul is describing in Rom. 7:14-21 . Faithing daily is how "we" die to self.

Cross Reference

First, it's not what i say, but what paul has said. Second, Jesus overcame sin "for us" on Calvary, right.

No. He became sin to cancel out the power of sin. If i said I am saved to become sanctified, would that be wrong thinking? Question: How can I be sanctified without first entering into the process of become so and how can I enter without being, born again? By what life can I only function from for being conformed to His image? What are trials and testings given us to prove? For what reason?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No. He became sin to cancel out the power of sin. If i said I am saved to become sanctified, would that be wrong thinking? Question: How can I be sanctified without first entering into the process of become so and how can I enter without being, born again? By what life can I only function from for being conformed to His image? What are trials and testings given us to prove? For what reason?

Jesus became a sinner ??? That will be news to Him. As for trials and testing, it's done to perfect those who are "in Him." The Catholic Faith has perverted the meaning of what a "Saint" is. A saint isn't perfect, a saint , as all who are in Him are, are "being" perfected.

Cross Reference

Your Op was, who is responsible for dying to self. I gave you the answer. End of discussion.

Your theology is no answer. Read the theology that lends itself to the objective thinker.

Overcoming is something we are enabled but only after the new birth of our soul is one enabled. So: "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." James 4:8 (KJV)

End of discussion.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
We die to self daily. How do "we" do that? By faithing into Him. Faithing being a "personal surrender to Him, and a conduct inspired by such surrender. "We die to self every time we surrender our lives to Jesus. It's 4100, pisteuo in the Greek. We die to self every time we surrender our lives to Him, and back up that surrender with the many decisions we make daily that show God we really have surrendered our lives to Him.

What part of this answer don't you agree with ?

Cross Reference

What part of this answer don't you agree with ?

It is presumptuous. So much so that "dying to self" has lost its meaning.

Ever wonder why you have a need to be right? How 'bout looking or feeling good to other people? Perhaps you have a personal agenda that you need to take advantage of or use the other guy for your end, or the need to always be in control of the situation. How 'bout you don't want to be disturbed? I believe that is the way it is in most Christians lives, don't you? Ever thought about it? So why say "WE" die to ourselves everyday when the above issues in our lives is where death needs to applied?

This verse gives us the need for insight into the understanding why the above "laws of the flesh" are not of God and need to be condemned by us:

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3 (KJV)

To our soul is this intimacy needed:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:" John 15:26 (KJV), that our attitude become as a martyr/witness. See also Jn 14:26

Question: What would you do to preserve your, 'in the world', way of life, your well being?

Last edited:

marhig

I don't believe we can die to self without the holy spirit dwelling in our hearts. Because we will carry on sinning without him. He puts the laws of God in our hearts and in our minds, and he teaches us all things, and as he shows us our sins, and as he does we are to deny them, and as we deny them he puts them to death within, this happens daily, we sin daily but if the spirit is in our hearts, he will be helping us to fight sin daily, this is why Paul said I die daily. By this we are dying to self and becoming alive in God. Our old self is dying, and Christ is becoming stronger within us, and through us. And we are becoming dead to the world and alive in God through Christ.

Cross Reference

I don't believe we can die to self without the holy spirit dwelling in our hearts. Because we will carry on sinning without him. He puts the laws of God in our hearts and in our minds, and he teaches us all things, and as he shows us our sins, and as he does we are to deny them, and as we deny them he puts them to death within, this happens daily, we sin daily but if the spirit is in our hearts, he will be helping us to fight sin daily, this is why Paul said I die daily. By this we are dying to self and becoming alive in God. Our old self is dying, and Christ is becoming stronger within us, and through us. And we are becoming dead to the world and alive in God through Christ.

I like that. Notice that Paul never had Christian psychology books to influence him into compromising self-help schemes . . nothing but the OT mingled with insight by the Holy Spirit. He became completely heavenly minded before he became any earthly good either to himself or anyone else..

lifeisgood

However, you, marhig, reject the precious shed blood of the Lamb of God on the Cross of Calvary which is what gives the Holy Spirit the legal right to work on your behalf for the Holy Spirit only works within the confines of the finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary and I ain't talking about the piece of wood.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
We die to self daily. How do "we" do that? By faithing into Him. Faithing being a "personal surrender to Him, and a conduct inspired by such surrender. "We die to self every time we surrender our lives to Jesus. It's 4100, pisteuo in the Greek. We die to self every time we surrender our lives to Him, and back up that surrender with the many decisions we make daily that show God we really have surrendered our lives to Him.

What " specifically " do you you not agree with in my reply ? I'm only right as long as someone can't replace my understanding with a better one. I crave the chance that i might be wrong about something and someone would come up with a better understanding. This is how we learn and get to know Him better. I want to be wrong!

Cross Reference

What " specifically " do you you not agree with in my reply ? I'm only right as long as someone can't replace my understanding with a better one. I crave the chance that i might be wrong about something and someone would come up with a better understanding. This is how we learn and get to know Him better. I want to be wrong!

I am NOT asking you to admit you are wrong when, in general, you aren't. I suggested you are presumptuous and that based primarily upon traditional understanding that has left the church "flat" in its understanding of what it means to overcome as Jesus did.

If you want specifics from me, I gave them to you. Bare with it in reading it carefully to understand better of what I am driving at that simply saying "We die to ourself everyday by submitting our ives to Jesus without particulars being mentioned except in a very broad sense, wont make the cut when the seeking of intimacy is required.

Last edited:

marhig

However, you, marhig, reject the precious shed blood of the Lamb of God on the Cross of Calvary which is what gives the Holy Spirit the legal right to work on your behalf for the Holy Spirit only works within the confines of the finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary and I ain't talking about the piece of wood.
So you keep saying, over and over and over, as I said you don't know me, and you don't know my life. You do what you think is right before God. And I'll do what I think is right before God.

Cross Reference

So you keep saying, over and over and over, as I said you don't know me, and you don't know my life. You do what you think is right before God. And I'll do what I think is right before God.

Do you indeed reject the blood of Jesus for the remission of sins?

lifeisgood

So you keep saying, over and over and over,as I said you don't know me, and you don't know my life. You do what you think is right before God. And I'll do what I think is right before God.

Just remember that the BLOOD is what you need to be washed in and the BLOOD makes a person clean and that precious BLOOD was shed by the Lamb of God which in turn gives the Holy Spirit the legal right to work on our behalf because He only works within the confines of the finished legal work carried out on the Cross of Calvary and I ain't talking about a piece of wood.

marhig

Do you indeed reject the blood of Jesus for the remission of sins?
I'm sorry CR. But I've gone over and over this with lifeisgood for quite a long time. I don't reject the blood of Jesus, I just see it differently to others. I've explained what i believe on the trinity thread.

God's Truth

Just remember that the BLOOD is what you need to be washed in and the BLOOD makes a person clean and that precious BLOOD was shed by the Lamb of God which in turn gives the Holy Spirit the legal right to work on our behalf because He only works within the confines of the finished legal work carried out on the Cross of Calvary and I ain't talking about a piece of wood.

THE BLOOD washes away sins YOU REPENT OF DOING.

Repent means to stop doing those sins.