ECT Who is responsible for "dying to self"?

Cross Reference

Already answered this question in another post.

Thank TOL for the ignore button.

All I need to hear.

All without the blood.

I am NOT demanding anything, CR, of anybody. That is you inserting demand into the mix.

marhig, has many things right, CR, however, without the BLOOD and without the BLOOD there is no remission of sin.

So what? She knows that and agrees.

None of what you otherwise speak of her requires the blood of Jesus Christ.

lifeisgood

Contriteness doesn't happen without the blood having its effect. Marhig has a contrite spirit. . . Ergo, . . How's your spirit doing these days?

Since the Lord accepted me, my spirit is doing fine and I praise Him for saving such a one as I.

There was a time when my spirit was not doing fine.

Thank you for asking.

Cross Reference

Since the Lord accepted me, my spirit is doing fine and I praise Him for saving such a one as I.

There was a time when my spirit was not doing fine.

Thank you for asking.

Thanks for receiving my comments. I do know what you mean, my Sister..

We all must come to know what it means to respond to the Lord and that it is not by some 'legal' idea we have about things but, the knowing by His Spirit He will not despise a broken heart. Understanding the whole thing comes later as we begin to dig into the knowledge; the "hows and whys" of what it all means in the grand scheme of God's purposes for having created us, both for us and especially for Him.. Remember how Paul answered the Jailer when asked, "What must I do to be saved"? Paul never mentioned the blood, but what? Only believe Jesus was the son of God. Everything else was explained later for the jailer to work through in his thinking about what had transpired. I know you have done that as well because He has "shed" His LOVE upon you.

Lov'in Jesus , , :)

Cross Reference

So, you also reject the blood for salvation and your salvation was wrought by Christ Jesus' life?

The blood is not so much about salvation as it is redemption. Jesus paid the only price acceptable for getting mankind out the "Global pawn shop" owned by Satan. Jesus paid with His blood. Now that is much the same as the account of the blood in Exodus which was given us, a type of the blood of Jesus, for which the death angel had no power over. When he saw the blood he passed over them, both believer and unbeliever did he pass over if they both were in the house where the blood was painted on the door posts and lintel.

lifeisgood

The blood is not so much about salvation as it is redemption. Jesus paid the only price acceptable for getting mankind out the "Global pawn shop" owned by Satan. Jesus paid with His blood. Now that is much the same as the account of the blood in Exodus which was given us, a type of the blood of Jesus, for which the death angel had no power over. When he saw the blood he passed over them, both believer and unbeliever did he pass over if they both were in the house where the blood was painted on the door posts and lintel.

The point is that the angel had to see the blood to pass over them (save them). The power of salvation was in the blood. As you say, both were saved. The salvation was of the blood. It is the blood, the blood, the blood that has the power.

And I do understand and agree when you say that when we first accept the Lord we know nothing, at least I didn't, however, I understood that there was something about Jesus, His blood, and something about the Cross. Instinctively, I knew that if I rejected Jesus and the Cross, God was not going to accept me.

After He accepted me and washed me in His blood (which I did not understand then), I felt I was no longer the same person I went into that little church building such a long time ago. I exited that little building with a smile on my face, a hope in my heart, and a desire to know more about what had happened to me, and the walk has been awesome.

lifeisgood

I was reading something this morning and came upon this:

“I have finished the work which you gave Me to do.” (Jn. 17:4).

“The death of Jesus Christ is the performance and history of the very mind of God. There is no room for looking on Jesus Christ as a martyr. His death was not something that happened to Him, which might have been prevented. His death was the very reason why He came.

“Never build your preaching of forgiveness on the fact that God is our Father and He will forgive us merely because He loves us. It is untrue to Jesus Christ’s revelation of God. It makes the Cross unnecessary and the Redemption ‘much ado about nothing.’ If God does forgive sin, it is because of the death of Christ. God could forgive men in no other way than by the death of His Son, and Jesus is exalted to be Savior because of His death. ‘We see Jesus because of the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor.’

The greatest note of triumph that ever sounded in the ears of a startled universe was that sounded on the Cross of Christ — ‘It is finished.’ That is the last word in the Redemption of man.

“Anything that belittles or obliterates the holiness of God by a false view of the love of God is untrue to the Revelation of God given by Jesus Christ. Never allow the thought that Jesus Christ stands with us against God out of pity and compassion; that He became a curse for us out of sympathy with us. Jesus Christ became a curse for us by the Divine Decree. Our portion of realizing the terrific meaning of the curse is conviction of sin, the gift of shame and penitence is given us — this is the great mercy of God. Jesus Christ hates the wrong in man, and Calvary is the estimate of His hatred.” (Chambers, Oswald, The Complete Works of Oswald Chambers, Grand Rapids, MI, Discover House Publishers, 2000.)

Love this: The greatest note of triumph that ever sounded in the ears of a startled universe was that sounded on the Cross of Christ — ‘It is finished.’
Why?
Because it is the last word in the Redemption of man.

Cross Reference

Try not to gloss over that verse. Jesus finished His work before ever going to the cross. That is how it reads. So obviously, you have not understood what HE was given to do or speaking of.

"It is by faith, we are saved" evidenced by living unto Him Who, by His shed blood, has made it possible. Now move on to understand, WHY He would even want to? (See Heb 6:1ff KJV)

End of discussion.

lifeisgood

Try not to gloss over that verse. Jesus finished His work before ever going to the cross. That is how it reads. So obviously, you have not understood what HE was given to do or speaking of.

Where did Jesus say 'It is finished'? He finished His mission at the Cross of Calvary.

"It is by faith, we are saved" evidenced by living unto Him Who, by His shed blood, has made it possible. Now move on to understand, WHY He would even want to? (See Heb 6:1ff KJV)

Yes, It is by faith that we are saved. Faith in Christ Jesus and His life's blood shed on the Cross of Calvary.

It is through the blood of Christ and the blood of Christ alone, that our sins are washed away. We are not saved by His miraculous birth, even though that was necessary. We are not saved by His beautiful life, although that was necessary. We were not saved by His miracles that could even change the course of nature, even though those were necessary. It was not even by His words of wisdom, though never a man spoke like this man, and that was necessary. We are saved solely by the blood of the Cross, and it is that which we must never forget.

The spilling of the precious blood of Christ was foreordained before the foundation of the world, before God flung the stars and the planets into space, and before He created this earth.

Christ died for our sins according to the foreknowledge and sovereign elective grace of God. It was in the blood of Christ that the church was born. It is in the blood of Christ that we are justified. It is in the blood of Christ that we have hope of forgiveness for sins, and by the blood of Christ, He has quenched all the altar fires on the earth.

End of discussion.

As you wish.

marhig

Yes God did everytime Jesus was tested/tempted. This was to prove Him. Read Matt 4:1-11 with that understanding and see that at the end, the "Angels came and ministered to Him". Then of course we have hear on the cross asking the the question: "My God, why have you forsaken me"??

I know what you mean, but even though Jesus was tested and God allowed him to go through it, I don't believe he was ever left alone, because he says the father never leaves him alone. But I do believe that he was tested yes, and God allowed him go through the suffering and Jesus was willing for it, then when he had overcome the angels ministered to him.

It said that Jesus learned obedience through suffering (heb 5:8) so I agree with you, unlike others who believe that he couldn't be tempted, yes he could and it says he was clearly was in the Bible. I don't ever believe that God forsook Jesus though, I think that Jesus may have said that in reference to the Psalm 22, as they could have clearly seen, that what they had just done to him was in this Psalm and they knew the scriptures well.

Also, if God had of forsaken him, why did God send an angel to strengthen him before he went on the cross? And why would Jesus pray to him asking him to forgive those crucifying him as he was dying, because if God had forsaken him, he wouldn't have heard him and Jesus also commended his spirit into Gods hands so God must have heard him and he must have been there to receive his spirit. I don't believe that God forsakes any of us, he said he will never leave us or forsake us, but he does allow us to be tested, and tried with fire, and the tests and trials strengthen us.

1 Peter 4

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy

Shown to whom?

Everyone :) he loved everyone, but not everyone loved him, he had so much love with his heart that he even asked God to forgive those who persecuted him. He also said this

(Matt 23) O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

He loved them, but many didn't love him back, although, he loved God before anyone and he put God first, he put God before himself always and if we we truly love God with all our hearts and we have his life within us, then we will have that love also, and that love overcomes our fleshly nature and we start turn from sinning and we start caring for others as Jesus did. The more we deny our flesh, the stronger become in the spirit, and as the fleshly nature dies, the more the love of Christ grows within us.

Jesus lived by the written word of God to and understand His mission as revealed to Him by the Living Word WITHIN and OF Him.

Yes I agree, and Jesus lived by every word that proceeded out of the mouth of God, the living word from the living God, and that which was spoken to him within, he passed on, what the father gave him to speak, he spoke. He was always doing Gods will and never his own.

Last edited:

marhig

End of discussion.

I was reading about this and pondering on it yesterday :)

And I thought how Jesus was doing the works that God gave him to do in his lifetime. And he finished those works before he went on the cross. He came and bore witness to the truth, glorified God, he came healing, caring, loving and sharing and preached the gospel of salvation, and he set up his apostles and disciples to carry on preaching the gospel and to reap, to gather in those who believe and have faith, and create the church through Christ Jesus.

John 17

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 5

But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

John 10

If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

John 4

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth. I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.

The true church are those who lay down their lives to bring God to others, become living sacrifices and live by the will of God and follow Jesus, they are those who truly love God with all their hearts and live it out.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Jesus was left alone that He be proven faithful. Proof? "Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him." Matthew 4:11 (KJV)

It was that way with Adam and any other who was tried and tested of God and who allowed Satan to do it.. Job, Abraham, Moses, David, etc.

The true church are those who lay down their lives to bring God to others, become living sacrifices and live by the will of God and follow Jesus, they are those who truly love God with all their hearts and live it out.

Yes and Jesus accomplished it all before being transfigured on the mount before crossing back over into glory. As Chambers has it, 'Jesus could have continued on but would have do so alone. Had He done so He would have always been Lord but, never savior of mankind'. Perhaps the conversation with Moses and Elijah was purposed to enlarge that to His Mind; encourage Him to return to do what He alone could only do that needed to be done? The testing was over; the time had arrived for the need to enable man to be one with Him in the Father; to follow Him, was at hand; the time to fill him with His resurrected life. The thing here, I believe, is that He had to be willing to do it from Himself as a "weak man" to return to the "demon possessed" valley below to perform it with nothing but the written word to sustain Him; the same as it was when in His 40 days in the wilderness with the like result being as given us in type form in Luke 4:1,14 (KJV):

". . . Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan [the mount where He crossed over], and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, [the cross]) And [upon His reserrection]". . returned in the power of the Spirit [Glorified Body] into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about." [world]

Luke 4:1,14 (KJV)

In all of that is to reveal the "Ultimate Intention of God" originally intended for Adam..

Last edited: