ECT Who is responsible for "dying to self"?

Jamie Gigliotti

"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble", says it all.

Pride is the the core of the self. Faith and trust in, repenting and turning towards are choices we make. We choose, but we can't take full credit. He did die for us first and then convict our hearts by His Spirits before our choosing. So it is a cooperating with; a relating to God; the only way possible proposistion. A choice we make to depend upon Him and not ourselves.

Cross Reference

"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble", says it all.

Pride is the the core of the self. Faith and trust in, repenting and turning towards are choices we make. We choose, but we can't take full credit. He did die for us first and then convict our hearts by His Spirits before our choosing. So it is a cooperating with; a relating to God; the only way possible proposistion. A choice we make to depend upon Him and not ourselves.

Please explain Abel's choice and how he made it? Thank you.

Truster

The salvation of a sinner is an act in time and also a process that includes sanctification. All is by grace and if man were left to his own ingenuity, power and ability in any part then salvation would not be sure and steadfast. Dying to self is part of sanctification. David cries out many times in the Psalms and a study of 119 and 51 confirms this.
The act or application of redemption is being born above, regenerated, converted and thus being made a repentant sinner. One who cries out "Thou hast commanded me to be holy, make me holy". Even this cry is an act of grace being administered. There have been occasions when I have cried out, depart from me Adonay for I am a sinful man, but blessed be His name, He has never departed.

Cross Reference

The salvation of a sinner is an act in time and also a process that includes sanctification. All is by grace and if man were left to his own ingenuity, power and ability in any part then salvation would not be sure and steadfast. Dying to self is part of sanctification. David cries out many times in the Psalms and a study of 119 and 51 confirms this.
The act or application of redemption is being born above, regenerated, converted and thus being made a repentant sinner. One who cries out "Thou hast commanded me to be holy, make me holy". Even this cry is an act of grace being administered. There have been occasions when I have cried out, depart from me Adonay for I am a sinful man, but blessed be His name, He has never departed.

Is crying out to God part of the "process" of sanctification? How 'bout to the "dying to self" part?

Jamie Gigliotti

I am afraid I don't how that relates to our ability to make moral choices without Jesus.

We either have will, or we are robots. Christ moved towards us first. We then have the choice to make; to first accept Him as Savior, and then continue to follow Him, Sow to His Spirit. It is both dependent upon His grace (we didn't deserve the cross, being cleansed by it, reconciled to Him by it), and our continual choice to follow Him, sow to His Spirit, press onto perfection; repent unto death of the self.

In all of the great Godly men before Christ, listen to what Jesus says what is now possible with Him.

"Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no-one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he." Matthew 11:11

The blood Christ is powerful! Calvinist believe all this is irresistible and thus eliminates free will. After tasting His love and grace I would say that's almost true, but the scripture says otherwise, and myself have been chocked off by the concerns of the world. True love can only be made freely.

Truster

Because you don't know, it becomes a waffling be me. Why not you look up the two words in the dictionary, assuming you possess one?

<nothng is changed with you>

You are waffling because you have no idea of the order in which salvation occurs.You then use a smokescreen to try and hide your ignorance.

Cross Reference

You are waffling because you have no idea of the order in which salvation occurs.You then use a smokescreen to try and hide your ignorance.

I know exactly when it occurs, bunk!

Problem with your brand of ignorance is you don't know to make disctinctions between redemption and salvation. However, I could be mistaken so why not you speak of the difference that I might be corrected?

Truster

I know exactly when it occurs, bunk!

Problem with your brand of ignorance is you don't know to make disctinctions between redemption and salvation. However, I could be mistaken so why not you speak of the difference that I might be corrected?

You're just fishing for an answer. If the Almighty wanted you to know then you'd know.

ZacharyB

Exclusive Christian Theology is supposed to be for Christians only!
But, we have several spiritual idiots here who could not possibly
have the indwelling Holy Spirit.
For years I have said:
At the doors of all Christian forums are one or more of Satan's workers.

The tares are supposed to be indistinguishable from the sheep
in the kingdom of God, but not always it seems.

Have you noticed that in these last days,
evil is more and more pronounced (obvious)?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
You, for one.
:idunno: What dying to self? :Shimei:

elvis.gif
Related:

Lordship
Has the Law has been done away with?
At patrick jane At john w At Nick At SaultoPaul At Musterion At heir At GloryDaz At exminister At Grosnick Marowbe
Must We Confess Every Sin?
Give Your Life to Jesus
How Many on TOL are Grace Gospel Believers?
Where is Prince Now?
Kirk Cameron: Wives Should 'Honor and Respect and Follow Their Husband's Lead'
The Myth of Unmerited Favor and Grace
The Big Switch
Did Paul teach obedience?
Where Is Muhammad Ali Now?
Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Last edited: