ECT Who is responsible for "dying to self"?

Right Divider

Body part
Is this your way of being full of Grace?

LA
When someone butts into a conversation and does not even know what is being discussed I have no problem calling it for what it is.

I realize that the only standard that you accept is the one that you have made up for others to follow.

Get lost LA, you're nothing but a thorn in all of our sides.

Last edited:

marhig

Yes, you have explained in the Trinity thread that you do NOT believe that Jesus' BLOOD saves because:

And that you believe you, marhig, are SAVED by Jesus' life.

However, God say, 'When I see the BLOOD...' I will pass over you (save you).

So you believe that life of Jesus doesn't save. I'm afraid your very wrong, God saved with life, he is life, he's a living God with rivers of living water who brings life and puts away death.

So, what do you believe is the blood on the doorposts of your heart that stops the destroyer entering in, if it's not the life of Christ within, and it's not the natural blood of Jesus from 2000 years ago? what is it?

marhig

Translation: CR, yes, I marhig, indeed reject the blood of Jesus for the remission of sins.

No I don't, I don't see it as you do. Stop lying about me.

We have to have to resist unto blood, which is to deny ourselves and live it out, denying ourselves and living by the life of Christ, by the spirit in our lives, life saves! We are to walk the walk.

Hebrews 12

KJV

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

NIV

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.

EST

In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.

We too have to shed our blood, which is deny ourselves, bare our cross as Jesus bore his and follow him! Living it out!

You just can't see it, what does Paul mean when he says that we have not yet resisted to the point of shedding our blood? Do we have to be crucified naturally?

God's Truth

You boastfully proclaim that you:

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says....I obey everything Jesus says...."— Courtesy of Saint John W

Then you say that you cannot follow what you so boastfully declare you do and demand others follow your example.

Thank you for letting us know that you, gt, are an EXAMPLE TO US, a WARNING TO US, not to follow.

Paul says those who fell in the desert were a warning to us. They did not obey that is why they fell.

God's Truth

After Christ Jesus SAVED me, I OBEY Him by coming to Him every single day asking that His Holy Spirit guide me to the good works prepared for me to do.
What? You have to ask the Holy Spirit what to do?

Jesus already told us what to do.

After you tell me which ones you think it is okay to keep doing for the only one thinking that is you, gt.

I do not understand what you are trying to say.

God's Truth

Couldn't disagree more.

I know you disagree with the truth.

We do not die daily. We die one time and then raise up to LIVE.

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Did you read that? Do you understand that? We die and then raise up TO LIVE A NEW LIFE.

God's Truth

No, that it not what it means. That is a definition made up self-righteous people like you.

When Jesus walked the earth he says to repent of sins(Luke 13:5).

In addition, the disciples after having received the Holy Spirit, they CONTINUED to preach that the people should believe AND REPENT of their sins and call on Jesus' name (Acts 2:38, Acts 5:31, Luke 24:47, Acts 3:19,) and, even PAUL HIMSELF PREACHED REPENT of SINS (Acts 17:30; Acts 20:21, Acts 26:20, 2 Corinthians 12:21).

When Jesus died, rose again, and ascended to heaven, he taught to obey and repent of sins, Revelation 3:3, Revelation 14:12, Revelation 2:5, Revelation 3:19, Revelation 9:20,21,Revelation 16:10, 11.

marhig

I know you disagree with the truth.

We do not die daily. We die one time and then raise up to LIVE.

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Did you read that? Do you understand that? We die and then raise up TO LIVE A NEW LIFE.
GT, do you obey the spirit of God daily? Or do you do what your flesh wants to do?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When someone butts into a conversation and does not even know what is being discussed I have no problem calling it for what it is.

I realize that the only standard that you accept is the one that you have made up for others to follow.

Get lost LA, you're nothing but a thorn in all of our sides.

I knew my comment would bring out the best in you.

LA

lifeisgood

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Paul says those who fell in the desert were a warning to us. They did not obey that is why they fell.

You mean like you:
"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says....I obey everything Jesus says...."— Courtesy of Saint John W

Last edited:

lifeisgood

I do not lie, I simply repeat what you say. Like this:

I can't even think about Jesus suffering like that, it makes me cry….it makes me feel physically sick…I don't see the cross as a symbol of love in any way whatsoever…I see God in Jesus clearly, I just don't see that Jesus is God…I don't see anywhere in the Bible that my future sins are forgiven. Only my past sins when I repent of themThe blood on calvary's cross won't do anything for a personAnd I still find it hard to believe that people honestly think that Jesus has done it all

One's eternal destination is at stake here. You get Christ Jesus wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You got Jesus wrong.

lifeisgood

Hebrews 12

KJV

NIV

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.

EST

In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.

Yes, the Lord does NOT call upon Believers to go to the Cross and shed their blood, regarding the resistance of sin. Jesus has already done that for us.

Cross Reference

We have to have to resist unto blood, which is to deny ourselves and live it out, denying ourselves and living by the life of Christ, by the spirit in our lives, life saves! We are to walk the walk.

Hebrews 12

KJV

NIV

EST

We too have to shed our blood, which is deny ourselves, bare our cross as Jesus bore his and follow him! Living it out!

You just can't see it, what does Paul mean when he says that we have not yet resisted to the point of shedding our blood? Do we have to be crucified naturally?

Gotcha!! I would have put it that, as it was with Jesus as He prayed, we have not, as He prayed, resisted as to our sweat becoming as drops of our own blood, as was His experience by the knowledge of the cross set before Him. That is what Paul was inferring." cfMark 8:34 (KJV) for the implications of his words.

lifeisgood

If you think you need to shed YOUR blood; then you are saying publicly that Christ Jesus’ BLOOD was not enough to save you and you need to help Him to finish what He already said ‘It is finished.’

Remember though that God said, ‘When I see the BLOOD…’ I will pass over you (save you). BTW God is NOT looking for YOUR blood.

lifeisgood

Paul is saying that Christ Jesus ALREADY did that and we are to trust in the only way that saves — Jesus Christ and His precious BLOOD shed on the Cross of Calvary. That is what saves a person as Paul said ‘For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.’ That is all Paul preached in one way or another. Paul was always pointing the people back to Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.

I, lifeisgood, agree with Paul and disagree with marhig.

Now, you, marhig can continue shedding your own blood and see if God will accept your blood and reject the precious blood of His beloved Son.

Remember though that God said, ‘When I see the BLOOD…’ I will pass over you (save you).

BTW God is NOT looking for YOUR blood, marhig. God is looking for the BLOOD of His beloved Son on the doorposts of your heart.

Cross Reference

Are you sidestepping my question concerning the "mind of Christ" on purpose?

Not intentionally. What have I missed in your question?

To the believer Paul writes: "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." 1 Corinthians 2:16 (KJV) What do you believe that means from Paul? What is the significance in what he is saying to Pentecostal Christians?