Who Here Chose To Be Heterosexual?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
When my kids were young, the one who started the fight always got the "just rewards"....that is only fair and right.
When my children were young one of the most difficult problems was figuring out who started the fight. I often got that wrong.

glorydaz

If he were to apologise to me, I would forgive him. I'm not unforgiving and I'm certainly not one to hold grudges.

He spoke, I retaliated. Right or wrong, that's what happened. I don't feel I did wrong and what I said was hardly insult of the century.

It's called reaping what you sow. When you return a whack with the intent to teach a lesson, you may save that person from greater harm the next time. Discipline is not always a pleasant thing, but it is quite necessary. You did exactly the right thing....it's just a question of them seeing how they like it. ;)

lovemeorhateme

When my children were young one of the most difficult problems was figuring out who started the fight. I often got that wrong.

In this case, there were plenty of witnesses. :)

I agree with glorydaz. This is a web forum, all posts are recorded. It's easy enough to see who was the first one to start name calling.

You will notice that whenever I post on here, I will not call anyone names. Yet if someone decides to insult me I won't sit back and ignore it, I will say something.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In all fairness "your love surpasses the love of women" isn't something any Christian man could get away with saying today without raising some very serious questions.
If by that you mean without facing some very serious accusations, I agree.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
First blood? What a concept. I guess we should toss out the concept of turning the other cheek.
You can point that out and I do believe Pete has received it.
And along with it the idea of forgiving 7 times seventy? Perhaps we should just disregard most of what Jesus Christ taught and focus instead on snippets from the Old Testament.

It would seem to me that you are disregarding the context of 7 times seventy.

Matthew 18:16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

If Zeus came to Pete and repented and Pete refused to forgive him your 7 times seventy comment would be on target.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So.... lets see now. Zeus gets a vacation but you can say he looks like a flaming queen and nothing is done? :rotfl:

The rule that Zeus violated was name calling "without cause"

Granite

Hall of Fame
If by that you mean without facing some very serious accusations, I agree.

Ummm...yeah. "I've found favor in your eyes" and sobbing while embracing each other probably would be frowned on too. And yet that's what those two guys did. The man after God's own heart appears to have smitten another man's heart and it's all right there whether some folks like it or not...

Let's also remember Saul viciously attacked his son for bringing dishonor to his family.

All in all: These two gents seem to have been very close, but there is ample room for speculation.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ummm...yeah. "I've found favor in your eyes" and sobbing while embracing each other probably would be frowned on too. And yet that's what those two guys did. The man after God's own heart appears to have smitten another man's heart and it's all right there whether some folks like it or not...

Let's also remember Saul viciously attacked his son for bringing dishonor to his family.

All in all: These two gents seem to have been very close, but there is ample room for speculation.
So I assume that back in the day when you were a Christian, you were embarrassed by the relationship between David and Jonathan. I certainly am not.

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If he were to apologise to me, I would forgive him. I'm not unforgiving and I'm certainly not one to hold grudges.

He spoke, I retaliated. Right or wrong, that's what happened. I don't feel I did wrong and what I said was hardly insult of the century.
You were actually calling it like it is and he was making a baseless comment.

Granite

Hall of Fame
So I assume that back in the day when you were a Christian, you were embarked by the relationship between David and Jonathan. I certainly am not.

Nice way to do two things: Use the word "embark" horribly, and ignore what I said.:yawn:

What kind of a guy tells another man that their love is better than that of a man and a woman?

This is your book, pal. Not mine. Deal with what's in it.

P.S. "David exceeded." After they kissed.

Uh, yeah. Every word is useful for reproof, hurumph, nothing to see here...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nice way to do two things: Use the word "embark" horribly, and ignore what I said.:yawn:

What kind of a guy tells another man that their love is better than that of a man and a woman?

Its common practice even today for middle eastern men to show affection such as kissing and hand holding that has nothing to do with being gay.

Public displays of affection between men also have deep historical roots in Muslim culture. "Islam brought unity and fraternity to the Arab world," says Osman Ali, a psychiatrist at Bellevue Hospital, in New York City. Touch is a very public declaration of membership in the Umma, or the community of Muslim believers.

In much of the Middle East and Africa, homosexuality is taboo and rarely acknowledged, so straight men feel free to show affection in part because no one will assume they're gay. Michael Luongo, the author of Gay Travels in the Muslim World, still has trouble reading the overtures of men he meets in the Middle East. He was particularly perplexed when a young man in Afghanistan wanted to hold hands and chat for hours, and then invited him home to spend the night. "If this was the West, everything he said and did would mean that he wanted to sleep with me," Luongo says. "But he was just happy to meet an American."

Lingering handshakes, handholding, embraces, and sometimes kisses between heterosexual men are the norm in much of the Muslim world. In Senegal, men walk with arms draped around each other's shoulders. In Saudi Arabia, greetings between men are almost always extended with kisses on the cheek. In Afghanistan, men write love poems to friends, and Taliban fighters give one another flowers. In Egypt, a man will punctuate a conversation by putting his hand on a buddy's thigh—and then keep it there.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200711/global-psyche-hands-approach

Anyone who thinks David and Jonathan were gay are idiots who know nothing about cultures outside of their own and know nothing about history as well

lovemeorhateme

Its common practice even today for middle eastern men to show affection such as kissing and hand holding that has nothing to do with being gay.

Public displays of affection between men also have deep historical roots in Muslim culture. "Islam brought unity and fraternity to the Arab world," says Osman Ali, a psychiatrist at Bellevue Hospital, in New York City. Touch is a very public declaration of membership in the Umma, or the community of Muslim believers.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200711/global-psyche-hands-approach

Anyone who thinks David and Jonathan were gay are idiots who know nothing about cultures outside of their own and know nothing about history as well

It's interesting that you say that - When I lived in Uganda for three months, on the second day I was there I noticed men walking along the street holding hands. I felt that it looked strange as in the UK if two men did that it would automatically be assumed that they are a homosexual couple. But out there it is normal for heterosexual men to be affectionate like that whilst homosexuality is very taboo.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's interesting that you say that - When I lived in Uganda for three months, on the second day I was there I noticed men walking along the street holding hands. I felt that it looked strange as in the UK if two men did that it would automatically be assumed that they are a homosexual couple. But out there it is normal for heterosexual men to be affectionate like that whilst homosexuality is very taboo.

Exactly but in many other countries its completely natural, and no one thinks a thing about it like they do in your country or here in America.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That should have read embarrassed. Using the spell check in bad light with no glasses is a dangerous thing.