Who Here Chose To Be Heterosexual?

Sanmateo

OK but you said "Homosexuality isn't who someone is, it's what someone does." So how many homosexual acts would I have to commit to become labeled a homosexual because of what I would be doing?

The language here isn't really conducive to the discussion.

If you went to a lesbian bar, got drunk and made the decision to have sex with some other woman, you would become a homosexual...in the sense that you have now become someone who has committed that sin. Much as if you'd gotten drunk and decided to murder someone, you'd become a murderer. You would neither be magically transformed into someone with a homosexual orientation any more than you would a homicidal maniac.

It's easy to confuse the issue when the same word applies in both ways like this. You should be clearer on what you're asking here. Unless you're intentionally trying to confuse the issue, in which case never mind. Carry on.

alwight

Why exactly should an atheist give your particular holy scripture deference Lon? Although perhaps I think I already do to some extent in view of where I'm posting.
Not particularly seeing it, but it does look like you know better even if you pretend not to...
Should a non-believer simply not criticise your scripture just in case you are offended?

Do you think your beliefs should be exempt more generally from criticism or indeed reason? Particularly so perhaps if you choose to think that your beliefs outweigh the rights of (say) homosexuals by wanting them imposed in civil laws?
:think:Hmmm, let's see...

Look here concerning my area, notice that the dates coincide with removal of things to do with God from classrooms and social settings. The crimes have quadrulpled though the population has only gone up a third. Speculation? I have my own. Your desired world isn't working so much for us and we want to complain about it. I hope you realize, that this kind of 'theorizing' of your's about relative morals instead of absolute ones, has significant and lasting consequences (if you ever wondered at our angst and the current condition of our world). I don't personally think we are out of line to be hard on atheists for what they are accomplishing in our world. I find them oblivious and frankly unconcerned that our world is going to hell (literally for us, should be figuratively for you at least).
They'll never put two and two together that bombing marathons or shooting kids in school had direct correlations to dismantling a sense of responsibility and duty to morality. For you, it's all relative. Translated to me it simply means 'you don't care' which I already knew. It is all very disturbing trying to convince an atheist anything. They (you) just don't think like the rest of us.

You guys seem happy with this current mess. That kind of makes us upset, if you can imagine...
The graph below clearly shows that the decline of pirates has been due to global warming. :rolleyes:
That or people simply choose to connect whichever unrelated things as and when it suits them.
graph.png

I suspect that you would simply like to blame disbelief as the underlying cause of all the world’s problems Lon when the truth is rather different. Bad things have always happened while some bad things can nowadays be prevented or cured. The truth is imo that societies have changed not because more people these days don’t simply blindly accept their culture’s religious beliefs any more, but in part because populations have increased or there are better sources of information available or indeed many factors. Blaming disbelief is a crock.

How many atheist terrorist groups are there planting devices and sending in suicide bombers on an atheistic Jihad Lon?
Um, you missed the point. I would rather see someone killing for a reason than no reason at all other than they want to see what a video game in real life would look like. These are people with no absolute morals, remember?
I don’t want anyone to kill anyone, especially when they believe they have a god's absolute morality behind them.
My morality is simply my own, not what I think is so absolute and godly that it must be imposed on others, or else.
Some people’s “absolute” morality seems to be that homosexuals are so immoral that they should be put to death. So imo it all rather depends on what the “morality” actually is, but all morality is simply of human origin and can be seen as good or bad, so I challenge you to demonstrate that any morality is an absolute rather than a human opinion.

Not too much wrong with relative and consensus morality imo.
Sure. Nothing wrong with people killing if they are just trying to see what it would look like in the real world. There is no reason for them not to pull the trigger if you are all only so many collated particle masses. There is every reason not to, if they are created beings. The value of a being would then be intrinsic. Relative morality has gotten us where we are at today.
Why you seem to think that without your supposed “absolute” morality acting as an invisible leash we would all suddenly become like rabid dogs is beyond me. :idunno:

Last edited:

Zeus

BANNED
Banned
I lived as a homosexual for quite a number of years. I don't know how I managed to stomach living a lie for as long as that.
Okay.

I find it interesting that you speak of authenticity when homosexual relationships are just the opposite, they are counterfeit.
I will accept that it was the case for you. Perhaps you had homoerotism secondary to abuse, and you are actualyl heterosexual. Kindly not generalize to me. I have no abuse history and I know who I am without qualms.

It takes a lot to admit that you are a sinner and in need of God's grace.
It takes a leap of faith away from logic and empiricism.

Many homosexuals that I've met are too proud to see their sin and their need of God. Yet to do so is the most authentic thing one can do.
Many people do not see sin as valid concept rather it is about contingent harm. Actions that cause harm to self and others are deemed immoral, and all is a matter of degree and balance.

btw, that pic of you looks lesbianic, an an improvement of the other one.

lovemeorhateme

There is a tendency today to sexualize things like brotherly love and sisterly love. I am a member on the Lord of The Rings site. I have witnessed this as members of the site try to sexualize the selflessness of Sam Gamgee toward Frodo Baggins as he returns the On Ring to Frodo after his escape from the Orcs. This brotherly agape relationship is totally lost on most modern folks. Today's culture has a obsession with sex and they try to inject it into everything.

I fully agree with you. Certain homosexuals go further than that though, they look into the Bible and try to sexualise the relationship between David and Jonathan or Ruth and Naomi.

:nono:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is gross scripture twisting and blasphemy.

lovemeorhateme

I will accept that it was the case for you. Perhaps you had homoerotism secondary to abuse, and you are actualyl heterosexual. Kindly not generalize to me. I have no abuse history and I know who I am without qualms.

It's not just the case for me - all homosexual relationships are conterfeit to that which God intended. I don't know what you're trying to get at but I was abused, then experimented with male friends, then 'accepted' that I was gay. Then I came to realise how wrong I was.

I didn't claim that you were abused. I know that not all homosexuals were abused as kids. I know what you are too - a sinner, plain and simple. You're not a homosexual, you're a sinner who partakes in homosexuality.
Many people do not see sin as valid concept rather it is about contingent harm. Actions that cause harm to self and others are deemed immoral, and all is a matter of degree and balance.
It's not about how 'many people' see sin though, is it? It's about how God sees sin. It doesn't matter if I approve or disapprove of your behaviour, it matters whether or not God approves.

That was completely uncalled for and unneccesary. I think you look like a flaming queen but didn't deem it necessary to comment about it before now. So thanks for your unsolicited opinion on my picture, next time I want to hear an unsolicited opinion from you I'll ask for it.

:rolleyes:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:nono: Seriously Zeus, you should be above these type of petty insults. IMO, you owe LMOHM an apology.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
That was completely uncalled for and unneccesary. I think you look like a flaming queen but didn't deem it necessary to comment about it before now. So thanks for your unsolicited opinion on my picture, next time I want to hear an unsolicited opinion from you I'll ask for it.

:rolleyes:
So.... lets see now. Zeus gets a vacation but you can say he looks like a flaming queen and nothing is done? :rotfl:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
So.... lets see now. Zeus gets a vacation but you can say he looks like a flaming queen and nothing is done? :rotfl:

Who drew first blood Eeset? Zeus is a nothing more than a troll trying to spread his perversion on this site as well as trying to justify it. His pathetic jab got him the boot...good riddance!

lovemeorhateme

Who drew first blood Eeset? Zeus is a nothing more than a troll trying to spread his perversion on this site as well as trying to justify it. His pathetic jab got him the boot...good riddance!

:thumb:

But sometimes I like a heated debate with a troll. He'll be back when he's unbanned, I'm sure. Maybe next time we should place bets on how quickly he's banned again?

:chuckle:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
First blood? What a concept. I guess we should toss out the concept of turning the other cheek. And along with it the idea of forgiving 7 times seventy? Perhaps we should just disregard most of what Jesus Christ taught and focus instead on snippets from the Old Testament.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
:thumb:

But sometimes I like a heated debate with a troll. He'll be back when he's unbanned, I'm sure. Maybe next time we should place bets on how quickly he's banned again?

:chuckle:

Maybe next time he will stay with the heated debate instead of resorting to his baser side...it shows his level of intelligence is rather lacking when he is losing the debate.

lovemeorhateme

First blood? What a concept. I guess we should toss out the concept of turning the other cheek. And along with it the idea of forgiving 7 times seventy? Perhaps we should just disregard most of what Jesus Christ taught and focus instead on snippets from the Old Testament.
If he were to apologise to me, I would forgive him. I'm not unforgiving and I'm certainly not one to hold grudges.

He spoke, I retaliated. Right or wrong, that's what happened. I don't feel I did wrong and what I said was hardly insult of the century.

lovemeorhateme

Maybe next time he will stay with the heated debate instead of resorting to his baser side...it shows his level of intelligence is rather lacking when he is losing the debate.

I agree. Yet we weren't in a debate at the time. He responded to a post I made a while ago and added the insulting tag line on the end. One thing I learned back in school is that when you disagree with someone, don't insult them. Once you do it means you've lost your argument.

glorydaz

When my kids were young, the one who started the fight always got the "just rewards"....that is only fair and right.