Who Here Chose To Be Heterosexual?

alwight

Yup, and I'm no dummy so ask yourself 'why' now.

Granite named himself a rock for a reason. Learn from your peers, even.
Maybe you misunderstand. It doesn't particularly bother me what I do believe, only that what I do believe seems to resemble the truth. I'm not committed to it and haven't devoted my life emotionally to it, so for me at least it is expendable.
I suggest that for you your beliefs are rather different, perhaps the other way round and that they are much more important to you than mine are to me.
It's not a case of being rock-like its simply that having untestable beliefs aren't really very important to me.

Lon

It's not a case of being rock-like its simply that having untestable beliefs aren't really very important to me.
It doesn't matter if you are soft in the middle if you are covering a particular side with cement. It still amounts to jackhammers and pick-axes. God is there. Your hang-up is with Him.

Lon

...for me at least it is expendable.

...It's not a case of being rock-like its simply that having untestable beliefs aren't really very important to me.
Same difference, like a Ford guy coming onto a Chevy forum and saying Corvettes stink and suck Mustang exhaust, thus being little more than a general pain in the posterior and for 'expendable' and 'unimportant' reasons. As I told you when I intially engaged you, grow up and learn to debate in an honest manner, Mr 'truth' seeker, you are completely wasting our time and for 'expendable' and 'unimportant' reasons! :hammer::confused: :dizzy: :doh:

oatmeal

Furthermore, how could you *choose* to be homosexual if you're straight?

I did.

The choice is always there.

But since homosexuality is an evil perversion of what is right, I choose heterosexuality.

I resisted the temptation to do wrong by choosing to what is right.

James 4:7 KJV

oatmeal

alwight

Same difference, like a Ford guy coming onto a Chevy forum and saying Corvettes stink and suck Mustang exhaust, thus being little more than a general pain in the posterior and for 'expendable' and 'unimportant' reasons. As I told you when I intially engaged you, grow up and learn to debate in an honest manner, Mr 'truth' seeker, you are completely wasting our time and for 'expendable' and 'unimportant' reasons! :hammer::confused: :dizzy: :doh:
Sorry if I bug you Lon, just how have I been dishonest, you don't seem to have explained that part?

Lon

Sorry if I bug you Lon, just how have I been dishonest, you don't seem to have explained that part?
Dishonest because you are arguing about things that are, by your own words, 'unimportant' and 'expendable.'

Go use those words on a Corvette forum and see how quickly you are ousted. Seriously, and they are 'only' talking cars there.

Tell them their repair manuals are just 'man-made' and supposedly 'authoritative' and tell me what they say back to you...

How have you been respectful of any Christian on this Christian website?

alwight

Dishonest because you are arguing about things that are, by your own words, 'unimportant' and 'expendable.'
How is that being dishonest?

Go use those words on a Corvette forum and see how quickly you are ousted. Seriously, and they are 'only' talking cars there.
I don't want to talk about cars.

Tell them their repair manuals are just 'man-made' and supposedly 'authoritative' and tell me what they say back to you...
Do you really think that even the most die-hard car enthusiast would ever take what I had to say about their cars as a personal insult Lon? The thing about actual material things is that whatever I might say can be established in fact one way or the other, unlike the supernatural claims of the religious it seems.

How have you been respectful of any Christian on this Christian website?
Where exactly have I been disrespectful?
Some Christians can dish out disrespect you may notice?
Do all religious beliefs deserve special up-front respect or just yours?
Why?
Should I respect Christian homophobic bigotry when it arises?

Lon

Do you really think that even the most die-hard car enthusiast would ever take what I had to say about their cars as a personal insult Lon? The thing about actual material things is that whatever I might say can be established in fact one way or the other, unlike the supernatural claims of the religious it seems.
Yes. Sign onto a Corvette forum and tell them the Corvette is a piece of Pontiac counterfeit rubbish. Tell me if they ban your account or not, please and thank you. *Be sure to do it as derogatory and often as you and other atheists have done here on TOL concerning Jesus and the Bible.
Where exactly have I been disrespectful?
Umm, Delmar called you on this (where this phase of the conversation started, remember?).

Some Christians can dish out disrespect you may notice?
Do all religious beliefs deserve special up-front respect or just yours?
Why?
Should I respect Christian homophobic bigotry when it arises?
You should learn to shut your trap when expressing your disdain for the 350 on a Corvette forum, yes. Even I am not so dense as you make yourself out to be. Nobody is this dense? :nono:

Arthur Brain

I did.

The choice is always there.

But since homosexuality is an evil perversion of what is right, I choose heterosexuality.

I resisted the temptation to do wrong by choosing to what is right.

James 4:7 KJV

oatmeal

I realize this is a bit of a bump of an older thread but I'd lost track of this a while back.

Are you saying you could choose to be attracted to men or women here?

Clarify?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I realize this is a bit of a bump of an older thread but I'd lost track of this a while back.

Are you saying you could choose to be attracted to men or women here?

Clarify?

Faggotry is about behavior, you faggot supporter. You are immoral.

oatmeal

Furthermore, how could you *choose* to be homosexual if you're straight?

How do you choose to shoplift if you never shoplifted before?

How do you choose to cheat on your wife?

How do you choose a college to go to?

How do you choose to get inebriated?

How do you choose to get over a relationship that didn't work out?

How do you choose to wallow in self pity over a relationship that didn't work out?

How do you choose to buy a car from a used car salesman?

How do you choose to fall for a scam?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

How do you choose to cheat on your wife?

How do you choose a college to go to?

How do you choose to get inebriated?

How do you choose to get over a relationship that didn't work out?

How do you choose to wallow in self pity over a relationship that didn't work out?

How do you choose to buy a car from a used car salesman?

How do you choose to fall for a scam?

When did *you* choose to be a heterosexual? What age? Date? Time of day?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bit difficult to behave or act on something you have no inclination for to start with but thanks for the reasoned and thoughtful response as always.

:thumb:

As already pointed out to you, faggotry is bad behavior. I don't choose to eat. But I choose not to eat manure.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
Let's ask the men with ex-wives and children who chose to be gay when they decided to be gay.

That's the issue with people saying gays are born gay- it's not very well evidenced, it's more like a convenient excuse to not see it as all the biblical figures, saints, disciples, theologians and church leaders saw it for thousands of years.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How do you choose to believe chocolate ice cream is better than pecan flavored ice cream, that Monet is superior to Whistler, that jazz is better than country western?

I think there are all sorts of preferences that rest on the shoulders of inclinations, both genetic and the cumulative influences of environment. Sexual preference appears to be of the genetic variety, given most creatures seem to be born with a different sex inclination. Well, if the natural state and inclination is genetic then it's reasonable to speculate that sex on the whole, within or without the norm, is driven by biology.

Doesn't impact our responsibility for what we do or refrain from doing because of any particular inclination however.

...how did you choose to believe that you were heterosexual instead of homosexual (if that is indeed how you choose to identify yourself as)?
The same way I know you're a bad guy, our natures expressed themselves. I desired females, you desire to post this sort of low nonsense.

Last edited: