ECT Who actually revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of grace ? Was Paul the first ?

Interplanner

Diversion. Obfuscation.

Obfuscation is to put on cartoons when you mention that these things are fulfilled in Christ already. That's what STP has done dozens of times, and why he is on ignore to me. No one can do NT theology right when 'in Christ' is lost, abuse, ignored, mixed up.

john w

Hall of Fame
But if you read 3:5-6 closely and grammatically, it was not the FACT of the Gospel that was the mystery, nor the outreach to the nations. It call comes down to the prepositional phrase 'in the Gospel.' The mystery was that the fulfilled promises and benefits are true in the Gospel. Not in the Law, or you might say, not in the literal sense.

You can check several trans and see that they are trying to put the weight of v6 on 'in the Gospel' as the Greek case shows. It is the same as saying 'in Christ.' Which is why the two are usually interchangeable.
But if you read 3:5-6 closely and grammatically,.................

Vs.

It call comes down to...

Thanks again, for checkin' in.

Danoh

But if you read 3:5-6 closely and grammatically, it was not the FACT of the Gospel that was the mystery, nor the outreach to the nations. It call comes down to the prepositional phrase 'in the Gospel.' The mystery was that the fulfilled promises and benefits are true in the Gospel. Not in the Law, or you might say, not in the literal sense.

You can check several trans and see that they are trying to put the weight of v6 on 'in the Gospel' as the Greek case shows. It is the same as saying 'in Christ.' Which is why the two are usually interchangeable.

Thing is, you do not follow that in its' grammatical whole...

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

You fail to note, let alone, then fully seek out the intended meaning of what he is actually asserting "by the gospel:"

What gospel?

"...by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power."

dodge

IP, Gen 3 was the first mention in scripture of the defeat of Satan, and that defeat only happened through Jesus,

Interplanner

IP, Gen 3 was the first mention in scripture of the defeat of Satan, and that defeat only happened through Jesus,

OK...that is also why it would not be a mystery!

What is mystery (to Judaism) in Eph 3:6 is that the sharing comes through the Gospel. The sharing of inheritance, membership. Not through the Law.

Please remember: most of the NT is spoken to Judaism as it was at that time. That's why Paul was divinely arrested by God; because he was the spox at the time. And as you may notice: there is no small friction with Judaism.

The redemption in the Gospel is no mystery.

The fact that it would go to the nations is no mystery.

That leaves only that the things shared, the co-inheritance, was to come through the Gospel, not the Law.

SaulToPaul 2

OK...that is also why it would not be a mystery!

What is mystery (to Judaism) in Eph 3:6 is that the sharing comes through the Gospel. The sharing of inheritance, membership. Not through the Law.

Please remember: most of the NT is spoken to Judaism as it was at that time. That's why Paul was divinely arrested by God; because he was the spox at the time. And as you may notice: there is no small friction with Judaism.

The redemption in the Gospel is no mystery.

The fact that it would go to the nations is no mystery.

That leaves only that the things shared, the co-inheritance, was to come through the Gospel, not the Law.

There was a mystery hidden in the scriptures: That Christ would die for sins
There was a mystery hidden in God: That Christ would die for those outside the covenant promises

RD: "This isn't rocket surgery, or brain science."

lifeisgood

Really? What does the Bible say?

Does the Bible say when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life?

Is that what the Bible says?

How 'bout starting here:

‘Without the Shedding of Blood There Is No Remission of Sins’ (Hebrews 9:11-28)

If there is anything Satan hates, it is the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Danoh

There was a mystery hidden in the scriptures: That Christ would die for sins
There was a mystery hidden in God: That Christ would die for those outside the covenant promises

RD: "This isn't rocket surgery, or brain science."

Agh! A Hybrid!

:rotfl:

Where does Paul say that Christ would die for sins was hidden in the Scriptures?

Likwise with your other assertion.

Of course, heir will now come along and privately post a bit a vile my way :chuckle:

musterion

Instead of Danoh, your name should be Dymo, the labeler.

aef549a6c3e30f885cc4f4f3e7511846.jpg

DAN P

Agh! A Hybrid!

:rotfl:

Where does Paul say that Christ would die for sins was hidden in the Scriptures?

Likwise with your other assertion.

Of course, heir will now come along and privately post a bit a vile my way :chuckle:

Hi and a HYBRID you say , and you are like the Acts 28er and do not know how Paul was saved !!

So keep your smile while I kick you !!

I wonder why that ACT 28 er left , as some will not take the HEAT !!

dan p