ECT Who actually revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of grace ? Was Paul the first ?

Interplanner

STP wrote:]
The mystery of the gospel is that it includes those outside the blessings of Gen 12:1-3 (KJV), even those who are the cursed.

There is no NT passage that says so, and there is no NT passage that says this is the mystery--this 'includes...even...' bit. Yet STP insists he is the Bible.

Danoh

The mystery of the gospel is that it includes those outside the blessings of Gen 12:1-3 (KJV), even those who are the cursed.

There is no NT passage that says so, and there is no NT passage that says this is the mystery--this 'includes...even...' bit.

Yep :thumb:

But then again; I always concede a point where valid; no matter who makes it.

We're agreed on this one, bro.

Interplanner

If the NT declares something on the promise, STP says it is assinine.

If STP declares something on the promise, it is not found in the NT.

musterion

There is no NT passage that says so, and there is no NT passage that says this is the mystery--this 'includes...even...' bit. Yet STP insists he is the Bible.

The Law is a curse, Gal 3:10.

But it is removed from those in Christ, Gal 3:13. Law has no purpose in their lives, for they died to Law in Him.

This fact was a secret revealed through Paul, not before.

Death itself is a curse. All creation groans under futility and death, Rom 8:20. But one day, death will be no more, Rev 21:4.

You are dismissed. Take your bro with you.

SaulToPaul 2

You have not read Ephesians, then.
You have read commentaries about it.

SaulToPaul 2

Everyone take a second, and think.

Genesis 12:1-3 (KJV)

Until late in Paul's ministry, Gentiles who were not associated with Israel were cursed.

Then Paul was given the dispensation of the grace of God for these Gentiles, and the gospel of the grace of God.

Interplanner

The Law is a curse, Gal 3:10.

But it is removed from those in Christ, Gal 3:13. Law has no purpose in their lives, for they died to Law in Him.

This fact was a secret revealed through Paul, not before.

Death itself is a curse. All creation groans under futility and death, Rom 8:20. But one day, death will be no more, Rev 21:4.

You are dismissed. Take your bro with you.

The promised Gospel does bless all who have faith (who were cursed at one time) but I was pretty sure he meant 'those who curse Israel' or (later) those descended from Ishmael.

I never imagined he would actually be saying what the NT says because he has been so hostile to doing so. I mean that it would be true in the Gospel or in Christ like the NT says. Because to him the whole concept of in Christ is called bonkers, and non-literal.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

The promised Gospel does bless all who have faith (who were cursed at one time) but I was pretty sure he meant 'those who curse Israel' or (later) those descended from Ishmael.

I never imagined he would actually be saying what the NT says because he has been so hostile to doing so. I mean that it would be true in the Gospel or in Christ like the NT says. Because the whole concept of in Christ is called bonkers, and non-literal.

No Gentile, apart from being associated with Israel, was blessed until later in Paul's ministry.

Interplanner

God's sacred secret, revealed by Jesus and the Holy Spirit to the initiated chosen apostles, so that all who wish to be reconciled back to God can hear the gospel and learn of God's divine plan of salvation (Romans 10:17).

The first to teach the "mystery" were the prophets, and when their prophecies were fulfilled in Jesus The "mystery" was revealed and walked the earth bringing truth,salvation,light, and freedom to those trapped in darkness.

MAD has denied the very foundation of Jesus, His ministry, His Gospel, His teachings, and the revelation of the mystery by Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit revealed the "mystery" or there would have been no revelation of the "mystery".

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Claiming Paul was the first to reveal the "mystery" denies the work of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

But if you read 3:5-6 closely and grammatically, it was not the FACT of the Gospel that was the mystery, nor the outreach to the nations. It call comes down to the prepositional phrase 'in the Gospel.' The mystery was that the fulfilled promises and benefits are true in the Gospel. Not in the Law, or you might say, not in the literal sense.

You can check several trans and see that they are trying to put the weight of v6 on 'in the Gospel' as the Greek case shows. It is the same as saying 'in Christ.' Which is why the two are usually interchangeable.

SaulToPaul 2

But if you read 3:5-6 closely and grammatically, it was not the FACT of the Gospel that was the mystery, nor the outreach to the nations. It call comes down to the prepositional phrase 'in the Gospel.' The mystery was that the fulfilled promises and benefits are true in the Gospel. Not in the Law, or you might say, not in the literal sense.

You can check several trans and see that they are trying to put the weight of v6 on 'in the Gospel' as the Greek case shows. It is the same as saying 'in Christ.' Which is why the two are usually interchangeable.

Made up.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not what the Bible says.

Really? What does the Bible say?

Does the Bible say when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life?

Is that what the Bible says?

musterion

I never imagined he would actually be saying what the NT says because he has been so hostile to doing so. I mean that it would be true in the Gospel or in Christ like the NT says. Because to him the whole concept of in Christ is called bonkers, and non-literal.

Diversion. Obfuscation.

john w

Hall of Fame
You might want to tell your buddy J.W. to start reading a bible as he does not know very much.

Jesus fulfilled the law as in the law came by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Wow-another stunner-"start reading the bible!!!!" I had never heard that original head scratcher before!!!!

Try this: You might want to start believing the bible.

So there. Fun!!! I just "went over the top."

You can't touch me, in terms of the ability to survey, and teach/understand, the bible, loser. My evidence? Your kindergarten "posts," full of silliness, emotionalism, and sophistry.

SaulToPaul 2

You can't touch me, in terms of the ability to survey, and teach/understand, the bible, loser. My evidence? Your kindergarten "posts," full of silliness, emotionalism, and sophistry.

Yes, but can you recite the Preamble to the Emancipation Proclamation?

I beat all.