ECT Who actually revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of grace ? Was Paul the first ?

SaulToPaul 2

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?

I agree with Paul he taught that there is only "one"gospel.

Eph3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Read it again, and believe.

Ephesians 3King James Version (KJV)

3 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

dodge

Read it again, and believe.

Ephesians 3King James Version (KJV)

3 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

I re- read it again it still teaches there is only "one"gospel !

Adding a gospel that does not exist dishonors Jesus, the OT prophets, the Apostles, and Paul who taught that there is only one Gospel. What you and others in MAD have done is follow a lie that scripture does NOT teach.

Paul preached to the gentiles.
Peter preached to the Hebrews.

Same gospel different audiences NOT different gospels.

You have bought into a lie.

SaulToPaul 2

I re- red it again it still teaches there is only "one"gospel !

Adding a gospel that does not exist dishonors Jesus, the OT prophets, the Apostles, and Paul who taught that there is only one Gospel. What you and others in MAD have done is follow a lie that scripture does NOT teach.

Read the first 4 verses again, and THINK!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?

I agree with Paul he taught that there is only "one"gospel.

Eph3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Dodge...

Did the Jews that followed Jesus while He was with us "in the Flesh" know that Jesus was going to die for their sins? I can only think of one "Prophet" that truly spoke as if he "knew" WHAT was going to happen.

(John 1:29)

But... even he didn't preach the "gospel" and his "baptism" wasn't sufficient.

Acts 19

And it happened, while Apollos was at Corinth, that Paul, having passed through the upper regions, came to Ephesus. And finding some disciples 2 he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”

So they said to him, “We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.”

3 And he said to them, “Into what then were you baptized?”

So they said, “Into John’s baptism.”

4 Then Paul said, “John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.”

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. 7 Now the men were about twelve in all.​

Isn't that odd?

Both messages were Christ Centric... but... "something" had "changed".

SaulToPaul 2

Dodge still cannot grasp this:

Everyone is saved by the blood of Christ, but different peoples were asked to believe different things at different times in order to receive this salvation.

It isn't difficult, we just have to humble ourselves and let scripture say what it says to who it says it.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Dodge still cannot grasp this:

Everyone is saved by the blood of Christ, but different peoples were asked to believe different things at different times in order to receive this salvation.

It isn't difficult, we just have to humble ourselves and let scripture say what it says to who it says it.

I hate to drop this hammer... but people fail to understand that if God abandoned "National Israel" and "her" People... that make up the "Bride" that the "Body" unifies with upon the "Zech. 14:4" of the matter... then His "Promises" aren't worth a hill of beans.

This always perplexes me that people read without concern for "National Israel", seeing as how a solid read through yields the knowledge that God Loves her and still has plans for her that reveal His utter Love and Mercy for "All Creation"!

sigh... just sayen! Romans 11:25-36 is the most blatant in the matter of this, but people still gloss over the entire matter and pretend the bible is a Western creation that has nothing to do with ... Jews and Israel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How could you possibly be on this forum so long and still not even understand the most important doctrine found in the entire Bible- that we are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus?:

We are redeemed from the god of this age for the purpose of salvation through Jesus Christ.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world and he is the only person by whom we can be saved.

There is no other way to the Father.

In the very culmination of all things... this is true... but there is "dispensation" to the matter. I agree that all men are saved by the same identical "EVENT". But I disagree that the Gospel was understood until Paul came along and was jerked up by "The Almighty".

Basic Dispensation of the Matter.

Faith in God's Provision (Eden)
Faith in God's Goodness (Adam to Noah)
Faith in God's Promise (Noah to Moses)
Faith in God's Leading (Moses to Jesus)
Faith in God's Presence (Jesus' Ministry)
Faith in God's Death, Burial, Resurrection and Fulfillment of His promises to "National Israel"
Acts 1:6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.
Still waiting for this one. BTW
Faith in God's DBR as taught in the age of grace to the gentiles (Paul to 2nd Coming)
Faith in Eternal Life and All of His Promises in the Old and New Testament (The Day of the Lord)

Do you "understand"?

This is a little crude and off of the top of my head... but this is scriptural.

There is also "Davidic Covenant Promises" that are "Partially" fulfilled.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Your point ? Paul preached the gospel not gospels according to what he said !

Gal. 3:38 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

But...

Romans 11:25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;

27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.

29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become His counselor?”
35 “Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”
36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

john w

Hall of Fame
I am not the one removing Jesus and His teachings to follow Paul and ignore Jesus. No ridicule intended. Truth is the goal and sadly those in MAD follow a false gospel.

You, to the Israelites:I am not the one removing the LORD God, and His teachings to follow Moses and ignore the LORD God. No ridicule intended. Truth is the goal and sadly those in MOSES-ism follow a false gospel. Stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wah....wah wah.....

You wicked deceiver, little kid, engaging in sophistry, false dichotomies.