when did Peter use the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven ?

glorydaz

Which is not an answer to my question.

And I'm not the one saying there are a bunch (but not all) of believers in Jesus Christ who still have to work their way to salvation.
See? You can't even understand what I've said.
The fact that you make such claims about what I say, proves you are clueless about what I said.

glorydaz

John 1:17 " For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."
Yep, and when Jesus walked among us, He gave a better understanding of the Law, and how it would be in the Kingdom.

After He ascended into heaven, He appeared to Paul and gave him the gospel of grace.

Law first when He walked among us, and grace after His work on the cross.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Yep, and when Jesus walked among us, He gave a better understanding of the Law, and how it would be in the Kingdom.

After He ascended into heaven, He appeared to Paul and gave him the gospel of grace.

Law first when He walked among us, and grace after His work on the cross.
And yet at the outset, right at the beginning of his Gospel, John mentions grace.

glorydaz

And yet at the outset, right at the beginning of his Gospel, John mentions grace.
Yes, Jesus was filled with grace and His grace was given to the apostles. Even Noah received grace from God.

Acts 4:33
And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

Derf

It's false because it's a figment of your imagination.
You must admit, your imagination usually gets the better of you.
I guess your response explains a lot. "It's true because it's true." Is just as bad a reason is "It's false because it's false."

Maybe you should use your imagination a little more.

Derf

See? You can't even understand what I've said.
The fact that you make such claims about what I say, proves you are clueless about what I said.
Please correct my misunderstanding about the gospel of the kingdom.

glorydaz

I guess your response explains a lot. "It's true because it's true." Is just as bad a reason is "It's false because it's false."

Maybe you should use your imagination a little more.
Since I said neither of those things, I'm quite sure your imagination is enough for both of us.

Hoping

Banned
Yes, Jesus was filled with grace and His grace was given to the apostles. Even Noah received grace from God.

Acts 4:33
And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
Yep, way before "mid Acts".

Hoping

Banned
Which teachings? The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That's Paul's gospel of grace.
Jesus' teachings on salvation and eternal life.
You know, the gospel.
It is written..."And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world." (John 4:42)
It is written..."Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." (John 5:24)
It is written..."And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:40)

There are many more, but I have been reading John most recently.

Hoping

Banned
Grace coming upon someone is not the Gospel of Grace. You'll find the word grace a lot. Look it up.

Exodus 33:17
And the Lord said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
That is debatable.
God's grace coming on me was sure good news.
Jesus being raised for the dead by the grace of God is good news to me.
Isn't it to you?