when did Peter use the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven ?

Hoping

Banned
1Cor 3:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Rom 15:19-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:19) Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. (15:20) Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

Put 2 and 2 together.
If he preached the gospel of Christ from Jerusalem to Illyricum, it is obvious he was preaching the same gospel as Peter and the other apostles.
And, the same gospel Jesus preached in John 3:16-18..."For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
Sounds like "good news" to me.

Bradley D

The Keys at work.

“Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us" (Acts 15:7-8)

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
He already did, as Jesus taught that the kingdom is in our hearts.
"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:21)
Peter's, and Paul's teachings showed us how to be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life, with a new heart.
Paul wrote..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
The new heart is one of those "new" things.
Jeremiah 31:33 " . . . I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts . . . "

What law did God put in your inward parts and write in your heart, Hoping? Is it the Old Testament law? Or is it something else? If it isn't the OT, then does whatever law is in your inward parts and written in your heart relate to the OT at all, or is it just completely separate and independent of the OT, utterly different? Is it the New Covenant law?

Right Divider

Body part
The Keys at work.

“Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us" (Acts 15:7-8)
And yet God had to give Peter a special mission to go to a gentile. A righteous gentile at that.

Do we (the body of Christ) "get the Holy Spirit" like they did? No, we do not. We do not speak in tongues, etc.

God never excluded gentiles from the kingdom, but they do not share the same position as the children of Israel. Christ made that clear during His earthly ministry to Israel (Matt 15:21-28).

In the body of Christ there is NEITHER Jew NOR Greek. Things that are different are not the same.

Derf

Do we (the body of Christ) "get the Holy Spirit" like they did? No, we do not. We do not speak in tongues, etc.
1 Corinthians 12:10 (KJV) To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

I guess you're saying you also don't have any discernment of spirits. And I'm finally in agreement with you.

Right Divider

Body part
For those that are lacking any discernment of the SPIRIT, tongues has ceased.

Anyone that claims to "speak in tongues" today is a poser and a liar.

Note that when Peter speaks of the "giving them the Holy Ghost, even as [he did] unto us", he is talking about what happened on the lawfully required feast day of Pentecost.

Acts 15:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as [he did] unto us;

On that day, everyone understood them IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE.

Acts 2:1-13 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:1) And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. (2:2) And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. (2:3) And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. (2:4) And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. (2:5) And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. (2:6) Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. (2:7) And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? (2:8) And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? (2:9) Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, (2:10) Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, (2:11) Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. (2:12) And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? (2:13) Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

Derf

Note that when Peter speaks of the "giving them the Holy Ghost, even as [he did] unto us", he is talking about what happened on the lawfully required feast day of Pentecost.

(15:8) And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as [he did] unto us;

On that day, everyone understood them IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE.

Acts 2:1-13 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:1) And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. (2:2) And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. (2:3) And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. (2:4) And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. (2:5) And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. (2:6) Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. (2:7) And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? (2:8) And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? (2:9) Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, (2:10) Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, (2:11) Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. (2:12) And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? (2:13) Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
By which you admit that the BOC did speak in tongues at one time, countering your previous post. Which emphasizes that lack of discernment.

Right Divider

Body part
The body of Christ began with Paul. Paul did speak in tongues, but explained that this gift would cease.

1Cor 13:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:8) Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

The twelve are not in the body of Christ, though they are in Christ per His earthly ministry to them.

Derf

The body of Christ began with Paul. Paul did speak in tongues, but explained that this gift would cease.

(13:8) Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

The twelve are not in the body of Christ, though they are in Christ per His earthly ministry to them.
And you're a hypocrite, too, pretending to be ignoring my posts and trying to make it look like a general reply...

Hoping

Banned
Jeremiah 31:33 " . . . I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts . . . "

What law did God put in your inward parts and write in your heart, Hoping? Is it the Old Testament law? Or is it something else? If it isn't the OT, then does whatever law is in your inward parts and written in your heart relate to the OT at all, or is it just completely separate and independent of the OT, utterly different? Is it the New Covenant law?
The law in my heart is...Love God with all your might, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
On these two commandments hang all the OT Law and prophets...and my judgement on the last day.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
And yet God had to give Peter a special mission to go to a gentile. A righteous gentile at that.
Peter could also have "claimed" the title of the apostle of the Gentiles.
He beat Paul by a considerable amount of time.
Yes, if we have actually repented of sin and been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ to wash away our past sins.
I mean, no turn from sin...no gift of the Holy Ghost.
Joel and Peter both said..."For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." (Acts 2:39, Joel 2:28)
Why don't you consider yourself one of the "far off"?
God never excluded gentiles from the kingdom, but they do not share the same position as the children of Israel. Christ made that clear during His earthly ministry to Israel (Matt 15:21-28).
You are ignoring Paul's Eph 2:13-16..."But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:"
Gentiles have the same standing as do Jewish believers.
In the body of Christ there is NEITHER Jew NOR Greek. Things that are different are not the same.
Doesn't that clash with your prior sentence?
How can we "not share the same position" but "be neither Jew nor Greek"?
It only seems different because of the doctrine you follow.
By using just scripture, your blinders will fall away.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
I guess then that you know why you don't have the gift of tongues.
They are liars and posers only if they still commit sin.
Thanks for reminding us on which day God and the name of His Son were again glorified.
The next verse again nullifies that "separation theory"...Acts 15:9..."And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith."

Hoping

Banned

The body of Christ began with Christ.
Everyone IN CHRIST is of the body of Christ.

I rejoice that I was able to be water baptized into that body. (Rom 6:3-7)

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The law in my heart is...Love God with all your might, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
On these two commandments hang all the OT Law and prophets...and my judgement on the last day.
Hebrews 7: 11 " If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."

There's a new law Hoping. Get with the program. Go back to Mass.

Derf

How does that make me a hypocrite? I can have you on ignore and still look at some of your posts if I want. Nothing hypocritical about that.
But I do understand that it makes you want to cry.
It's not the ignoring that makes you a hypocrite. It's pretending to ignore by answering a post indirectly. Thanks for actually replying directly this time.

Derf

Hebrews 7: 11 " If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."

There's a new law Hoping. Get with the program. Go back to Mass.
You mean "Love one another"? That may be a new command, but also not new.

2 John 1:5 (KJV)
And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

1 John 2:8 (KJV)
Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

1 John 2:7 (KJV)
Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.