when did Peter use the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven ?

DAN P

I believe that this subject is very important as it separates Israel from the body of Christ .

I have never seen this subject , on the 5 forums that I am on . I see 3 groups , Pharisees and Sadducees and then the Little Flock and then Paul's message of Grace '

I see that the first use of the keys first use were in Acts 2:38 where Peter called Israel to a national call to repentance .

dan p

DAN P

Good topic! I think Peter also used the keys when he went to Cornelius.
And if what many say that Peter and Paul spoke the same message , why were not keys also given to Paul ?

If we are to follow Jesus teaching , why were Stephen stoned , and James was also killed and they , put Peter in jail .

We also know without a doubt Israel rejected Jesus and killed him and Israel was set aside as written in 2 Cor 3:1-18 and in many other verses
and can not combine the old covenant with the new covenant .

dan p

Derf

And if what many say that Peter and Paul spoke the same message , why were not keys also given to Paul ?
They were. Look at how many Gentiles were allowed into the kingdom through Paul's use of the keys.

If we are to follow Jesus teaching , why were Stephen stoned , and James was also killed and they , put Peter in jail .
How is that precluded by Jesus's teaching?

We also know without a doubt Israel rejected Jesus and killed him and Israel was set aside as written in 2 Cor 3:1-18 and in many other verses
Again, how is that precluded?

And?

glorydaz

dan p
I think Peter still holds the keys to the Kingdom, and when the Kingdom on earth comes in, Peter will be there to open the doors.

glorydaz

They were. Look at how many Gentiles were allowed into the kingdom through Paul's use of the keys.

How is that precluded by Jesus's teaching?

Again, how is that precluded?

And?
Nope. Paul's gentiles entered the body of Christ, and God's kingdom IN HEAVEN

There are two kingdoms, just like there were two gospels.

Derf

Nope. Paul's gentiles entered the body of Christ, and God's kingdom IN HEAVEN

There are two kingdoms, just like there were two gospels.
Except Paul said they preached the same gospel.
1 Corinthians 15:9-11 (KJV) 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which [was bestowed] upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they (other apostles) all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore whether [it were] I or they (Paul or the other apostles), so we preach, and so ye believed

What did they preach?
1 Corinthians 15:2-4 (KJV) 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

But you wouldn't be able to see that because of the koolaid.

glorydaz

Except Paul said they preached the same gospel.
1 Corinthians 15:9-11 (KJV) 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which [was bestowed] upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they (other apostles) all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore whether [it were] I or they (Paul or the other apostles), so we preach, and so ye believed

What did they preach?
1 Corinthians 15:2-4 (KJV) 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

But you wouldn't be able to see that because of the koolaid.

Not the same gospel. They preached the same Christ.

But you wouldn't be able to see that. It requires spiritual discernment.
Childish banter is always so fun.

Derf

Not according to Paul.
1 Corinthians 15:1 (KJV) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

Unless you want to make up your own scripture.

glorydaz

Not according to Paul.
1 Corinthians 15:1 (KJV) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

Unless you want to make up your own scripture.
He's talking to the church in Corinth.

Right Divider

Body part

1Cor 3:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Rom 15:19-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:19) Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. (15:20) Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

Put 2 and 2 together.

glorydaz

1Cor 3:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Rom 15:19-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:19) Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. (15:20) Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

Put 2 and 2 together.
Amen. No amount of wresting will ever alter the foundation.

glorydaz

Yes. About the sameness of the message whether he or the other apostles preached it.
The twelve preached Christ as the Messiah. Then after the cross, Peter added the resurrection. Then later, he added the acceptance of gentiles who worked righteousness. They were all zealous for the law. Does this really sound like Peter and the rest were preaching the same gospel as Paul preached????????

Acts 21:18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present.
19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry.

20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

glorydaz

I believe that this subject is very important as it separates Israel from the body of Christ .

I have never seen this subject , on the 5 forums that I am on . I see 3 groups , Pharisees and Sadducees and then the Little Flock and then Paul's message of Grace '

I see that the first use of the keys first use were in Acts 2:38 where Peter called Israel to a national call to repentance .

dan p
I don't see it. You can't use keys to anything until it's in your possession. That won't be until the Lord returns in glory.

Hoping

Banned
Where is it written that they weren't?
It was the unbelievers who didn't "follow the teachings" that sinned against Stephen, James, and Peter.
I guess I can't really figure out your question?
dan p
Thanks be to God that some came out of that Israel.
Some left the OT to join in with other believers in their NT walk.

Hoping

Banned
I think Peter still holds the keys to the Kingdom, and when the Kingdom on earth comes in, Peter will be there to open the doors.
He already did, as Jesus taught that the kingdom is in our hearts.
"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:21)
Peter's, and Paul's teachings showed us how to be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life, with a new heart.
Paul wrote..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
The new heart is one of those "new" things.