What Does it Mean to be Born Again?

God's Truth

You may be tested and you may not be tested. I have had friends that were Christians all of their lives that were never tested.

We are saved by simple child like faith in Christ, plus nothing.

Proverbs 17:3
The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart.

Jeremiah 11:20
But you, LORD Almighty, who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance on them, for to you I have committed my cause.

Robert Pate

Banned
Proverbs 17:3
The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart.

Jeremiah 11:20
But you, LORD Almighty, who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance on them, for to you I have committed my cause.

You keep coming up with rules, laws and conditions that one must do to be saved. That is because you believe that God is a tyrant like you, a slave driver or a taskmaster.

Scripture refutes you. All that one has to do to be saved is to trust in Jesus, plus nothing. John 3:16.

God's Truth

You keep coming up with rules, laws and conditions that one must do to be saved. That is because you believe that God is a tyrant like you, a slave driver or a taskmaster.

Scripture refutes you. All that one has to do to be saved is to trust in Jesus, plus nothing. John 3:16.

You can't dismiss God's Truth. The scriptures which are the written words of God are not changeable.

Robert Pate

Banned
You can't dismiss God's Truth. The scriptures which are the written words of God are not changeable.

You always go for the law scriptures, the ones that tell you to do something. you don't understand the Gospel and justification by faith, so that is that you have is law.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You may be tested and you may not be tested. I have had friends that were Christians all of their lives that were never tested.

I said
If one is not tested, chastised, then where is the love of God for them?

[Heb 12:4-8
4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.
5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives."
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

They sound like they were disqualified from the beginning.

[2Co 13:5
5 Examine yourselves [as to] whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified.
[Tit 1:16
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny [Him], being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said

5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives."
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

5 Examine yourselves [as to] whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified.
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny [Him], being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

Robert Pate

Banned
I said

You, like many others on the Forum have a law based theology. It is all about you and your works. You would make a good Catholic, You must, you must, you must and if you don't you are anathema. The teaching that God must punish you is a common one. I believe that the only time that you are chastised by the Lord is when you are departing from the faith.

The God that you portray is not kind, loving, gentle, not willing that any should perish, but is cruel, a slave driver and a taskmaster that will crack you on your back if you fail. Are you sure that you love and trust him?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You, like many others on the Forum have a law based theology. It is all about you and your works. You would make a good Catholic, You must, you must, you must and if you don't you are anathema. The teaching that God must punish you is a common one. I believe that the only time that you are chastised by the Lord is when you are departing from the faith.

The God that you portray is not kind, loving, gentle, not willing that any should perish, but is cruel, a slave driver and a taskmaster that will crack you on your back if you fail. Are you sure that you love and trust him?

I said
lolol Oh I get it. You have made up the God you want, to heck with the God of the bible. My God is the God of the bible that helps me to get sanctified so He can take me to heaven. If I commit myself to His Word. That is love. Because I am not worth it. If you don't like any kind of suffering you will never be able to relate to Jesus. Do you know why it took so much suffering on Jesus' part to bring us the new testament???

Robert Pate

Banned
I said
lolol Oh I get it. You have made up the God you want, to heck with the God of the bible. My God is the God of the bible that helps me to get sanctified so He can take me to heaven. If I commit myself to His Word. That is love. Because I am not worth it. If you don't like any kind of suffering you will never be able to relate to Jesus. Do you know why it took so much suffering on Jesus' part to bring us the new testament???

There you are. You are saved if you commit yourself to his word. That is not love, that is works. You seem to think that salvation is all about you and your performance. Why don't you confess that you are an unworthy sinner and cast yourself upon the mercy of God? Jesus did not suffer to bring us the New Testament, Jesus suffered to abolish sin, death and the devil.

Nanja

There you are. You are saved if you commit yourself to his word. That is not love, that is works. You seem to think that salvation is all about you and your performance. Why don't you confess that you are an unworthy sinner and cast yourself upon the mercy of God? Jesus did not suffer to bring us the New Testament, Jesus suffered to abolish sin, death and the devil.

Hypocrite!

Committing oneself, confessing, and casting yourself upon the mercy of God are works of the flesh which cannot please God Rom. 8:8!

Christ tasted Death exclusively for all His Elect Chosen in Him of the Father to have remission / forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
You really don't seem to have a very good grip on the Word of God. The only way to make the new testament valid for us was by His death. And according to you if that was why Jesus died. He didn't succeed, sin is still here, death is still here, and the devil is still here.

Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

Robert Pate

Banned
I said
You really don't seem to have a very good grip on the Word of God. The only way to make the new testament valid for us was by His death. And according to you if that was why Jesus died. He didn't succeed, sin is still here, death is still here, and the devil is still here.

Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

You have 0 knowledge of the Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ.

When God accepted Jesus into heaven it was because he had victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. All will become a reality at his appearing.

God's Truth

You always go for the law scriptures, the ones that tell you to do something. you don't understand the Gospel and justification by faith, so that is that you have is law.

hahahaha Do you really want me to give you all the scriptures where Paul tells us what to do?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

When God accepted Jesus into heaven it was because he had victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. All will become a reality at his appearing.

I said
Jesus defeated it not you. Jesus made the Way we can IF. If we keep His commandments. That is a very big IF. The new testament is the law of Christ.

[1Jo 2:3-4
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
[1Jo 3:22, 24
22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. ...
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I said
Jesus defeated it not you. Jesus made the Way we can IF. If we keep His commandments. That is a very big IF. The new testament is the law of Christ.

Your commentary is simple and clear but most churches ignore it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

How do you tell an unbeliever that even if they believe, they can't because God chose them to be reprobates, damned to hell?