What Does it Mean to be Born Again?

Robert Pate

Banned
I am sensitive to other spirits, and when I was a baby Christian, I used to read his writings; but when I grew in knowledge, I could no longer stand the false spirits of John Calvin.

If you believe that God or Jesus chooses some certain persons to be saved, you are a Calvinist.

God's Truth

If you believe that God or Jesus chooses some certain persons to be saved, you are a Calvinist.

No, not because a false teacher says so.

You are a false teacher and say anything because the truth is not in you.

How does one say such a false thing about another?

It is because they do not care enough about the truth.

I go against Calvinists.

Jesus says you cannot go against your own and still stand.

Robert Pate says anything and what he says is not from God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
To be born again to the Holy Spirit means you have brought every thought in your mind to agreeing with the new testament. And you have crucified all your emotions and feelings.

[2Co 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

[Gal 5:24-25
24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Robert Pate

Banned
To be born again to the Holy Spirit means you have brought every thought in your mind to agreeing with the new testament. And you have crucified all your emotions and feelings.

[2Co 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

That is not what the bible says. The Bible says that we are born again by hearing and believing the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

Nanja

That is not what the bible says. The Bible says that we are born again by hearing and believing the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

INCORRECT.

The natural man has no ability in himself to hear the Gospel which is God's Words.

First a person must be born again, Given Spiritual Life, Born of the Spirit of God.

Only then will he be Given the ability to hear the Gospel, God's Words, as Jesus Testified:

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

And Paul testified that New Birth is a necessity before Faith comes in the Gospel.

1 Cor 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Therefore, Rom.10:17 is teaching that in order to have Faith, a person must first be of God, or Born of God, so they can be Given the Spiritual Ability to Hear the Word of God.

Prov. 20:12
The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.

Robert Pate

Banned
INCORRECT.

The natural man has no ability in himself to hear the Gospel which is God's Words.

First a person must be born again, Given Spiritual Life, Born of the Spirit of God.

Only then will he be Given the ability to hear the Gospel, God's Words, as Jesus Testified:

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

And Paul testified that New Birth is a necessity before Faith comes in the Gospel.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Therefore, Rom.10:17 is teaching that in order to have Faith, a person must first be of God, or Born of God, so they can be Given the Spiritual Ability to Hear the Word of God.

The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.

Those that were born again in the New Testament were born again by hearing and believing the Gospel.

on the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard and believed Peter's Gospel and were born again, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

"Being born again not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, BY THE WORD OF GOD (THE GOSPEL) which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Calvinism is so easy to refute.

Nanja

Those that were born again in the New Testament were born again by hearing and believing the Gospel.

on the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard and believed Peter's Gospel and were born again, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

"Being born again not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, BY THE WORD OF GOD (THE GOSPEL) which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Calvinism is so easy to refute.

Nanja

The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them

You are at enmity with Eternal God and in disbelief of His Words because you are not of God John 8:43, 47.

Robert Pate

Banned
Nanja

You are at enmity with Eternal God and in disbelief of His Words because you are not of God John 8:43, 47.

You are the one struggling with the scriptures. I don't have any trouble with any of it.

I posted about how 8,000 Jews were saved on the day of Pentecost because they heard and believed the Gospel and you start foaming at the mouth and rolling around on the floor.

Nanja

You are the one struggling with the scriptures. I don't have any trouble with any of it.

I posted about how 8,000 Jews were saved on the day of Pentecost because they heard and believed the Gospel and you start foaming at the mouth and rolling around on the floor.

Nanja

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Yes it is. Because that is exactly what the Holy Spirit is going to lead you into doing.

[Jhn 3:3-7
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

And remember your NOT Christ's until you have crucified your emotions. And if your NOT Christ's your not born again.

24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Last edited:

Nanja

I am at enmity with your false Calvinist God. Wakeup, the devil has you in a trance.

Because you are Spiritually dead, you're prevented from understanding the scriptures.

Jesus said:

Hence, you're blinded by satan 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

God's Truth

Because you are Spiritually dead, you're prevented from understanding the scriptures.

Jesus said:

He is but you are too. You both argue about not obeying Jesus. That alone proves you both are blinded by Satan.

Robert Pate

Banned

Jesus said:

In John 8:47 Jesus was speaking to the unbelieving Pharisees. You are twisting God's word again by making that apply to everyone. All scripture is for us, but not all scripture is to us.

Robert Pate

Banned
I said
Yes it is. Because that is exactly what the Holy Spirit is going to lead you into doing.

[Jhn 3:3-7
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

And remember your NOT Christ's until you have crucified your emotions. And if your NOT Christ's your not born again.

24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

The minute that you profess faith in Christ and his Gospel is the minute that you are born again and become a child of God.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God" John 3:3.

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" John 3:6.

Peter wrote, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Adam) but of incorruptible, BY THE WORD OF GOD, which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23

Being born again is about receiving the Holy Spirit. We are all born into the world as lost sinners and need to be born again by the word of God. The word of God is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Those that have been born again are those that have heard the Gospel and believe it. There is no other way to be born again. Catholics believe that they are born again by the works of the law. Do good works, obey the Catholic church and you will be born again. Calvinist believe that some how, at some time, God's zapps them with the Holy Spirit and they are born again. Both of these doctrines are false.

Paul wrote to the Galatians, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

On the day of Pentecost when the Gospel first came into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit, thousands heard the Gospel, believed the Gospel and were born again, Acts 2:41. It was the preaching of the Gospel that gave birth to the New Testament church, Acts 2:41-47. The book of Acts is a book about how God in the power of the Holy Spirit is sending the "Good News" of his Son Jesus Christ into all of the world. The Holy Spirit transformed the lowly disciples into powerful preachers of the Gospel, Acts 4:13-22.

I was born again when I turned on the TV and heard these words, "But that thy blood was shed for thee". That is all that I heard. Billy Graham was giving the alter call. The Holy Spirit convicted me of my need for Christ and I became a Christian. That was 48 years ago, I have not been the same since. The change was that I became interested in spiritual things and less interested in things of the flesh. The transformation was slow but sure. The transformation is not what saved me, I was saved by the doing and the dying of Jesus Christ.

I have heard of people being born again by simply reading the Bible. A traveling salesman checked into a motel and found a Bible in the night stand that had been placed there by the Giddeons. He opened the Bible to the book of John and started reading it, just like me, the Holy Spirit convicted him of his need for Jesus Christ and he became a Christian. There are numerous accounts of people being saved in the New Testament. This is why Paul wrote...

So then faith comes by hearing and hearing BY THE WORD OF GOD (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

Simple: you received a new born human spirit .

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The minute that you profess faith in Christ and his Gospel is the minute that you are born again and become a child of God.

I said
The minute you profess faith in Christ is when you start being tested to see if you are lying. You first must prove yourself. Your not born again until after you prove you have faith in Christ. And before you can prove it, you must first have a relationship with Christ. And before you can have a relationship with Christ you must follow the Holy Spirit to the revelations of Jesus Christ And before you can follow the Holy Spirit to the revelations of Jesus Christ. You must find the Holy Spirit.

[Rom 12:2
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
[2Co 13:5
5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
[Gal 6:4
4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
[1Th 5:21
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Robert Pate

Banned
I said
The minute you profess faith in Christ is when you start being tested to see if you are lying. You first must prove yourself. Your not born again until after you prove you have faith in Christ. And before you can prove it, you must first have a relationship with Christ. And before you can have a relationship with Christ you must follow the Holy Spirit to the revelations of Jesus Christ And before you can follow the Holy Spirit to the revelations of Jesus Christ. You must find the Holy Spirit.

[Rom 12:2
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
[2Co 13:5
5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
[Gal 6:4
4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
[1Th 5:21
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

You may be tested and you may not be tested. I have had friends that were Christians all of their lives that were never tested.

We are saved by simple child like faith in Christ, plus nothing.