What does God's Holy Law Demand?

God's Truth

Stand before your god? That is laughable!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

You are in danger of Hell fire for laughing at God's Word.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Matthew 25:32
All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate the people one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

Romans 14:10
Why, then, do you judge your brother? Or why do you belittle your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

Ben Masada

God's Truth, what must I do to be saved?

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Prophet Isaiah said: "To be saved from sins which are even crimson red, all we must do is to repent and to return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19) Now, if you want to hear from Jesus himself, he said that to achieve salvation from hell-fire, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Ben Masada

In addition, the word Christianity itself points to the Messiah of the Tanakh or Mikra. The name Jesus... Yehoshua means ‘the Lord saves’, and is translated into English as Joshua.

Jesus’ Hebrew name is Yeshua, which is a shortened version of Yehoshua. Yeshua means ‘he will save’, and is translated into English as Joshua.

Yeshua translated into Greek is Iesous.

Iesous transliterated into Latin is Jesu.

Jesu became Jesus in English.

In other words.... God alone meets the demands of Moses Law. Y-WH Alone Saves

God alone WOULD meet the demands of Moses' Law. It could never apply to Him though. And yes "Yahweh" alone saves. (Isaiah 43:3)

Ben Masada

John 14 and 15 in their entirety reveal this flawlessly. Jesus' commands are made enormously clear. They are an easy yoke that carry the answer to the futile division that has emerged in Christianity.

Jesus never had anything to do with Christianity which was founded by Paul about 15 years after Jesus had been gone. (Acts 11:26) While he lived, Jesus never even dreamed that Christianity would ever rise.

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus never had anything to do with Christianity which was founded by Paul about 15 years after Jesus had been gone. (Acts 11:26) While he lived, Jesus never even even dreamed that Christianity would ever rise.

Your use of Acts 11:26 is especially interesting. The foundation of the (Post Jesus) institution/church was indeed seen in Paul's works and not Jesus'. I gather that you are frustrated by the over 20'000 denominations and self proclaimed authoritative dispensaries of a message that appears to have insinuated a unity that was prophesied to collapse under the error of human bickering, just as much of Judaism has.

Ben Masada

In addition, the word Christianity itself points to the Messiah of the Tanakh or Mikra. The name Jesus... Yehoshua means ‘the Lord saves’, and is translated into English as Joshua.

Jesus’ Hebrew name is Yeshua, which is a shortened version of Yehoshua. Yeshua means ‘he will save’, and is translated into English as Joshua.

Yeshua translated into Greek is Iesous.

Iesous transliterated into Latin is Jesu.

Jesu became Jesus in English.

In other words.... God alone meets the demands of Moses Law. Y-WH Alone Saves

Jesus was a Jew and, according to his own gospel, the Tanach, he could not have been the Messiah. If you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save HIS PEOPLE, to save His Anointed One." That's what the Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Jewish People. It means that the Messiah cannot be an individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not. The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was a Jew and, according to his own gospel, the Tanach, he could not have been the Messiah. If you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save HIS PEOPLE, to save His Anointed One." That's what the Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Jewish People. It means that the Messiah cannot be an individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not. The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37)

If THE anointed one(s) was(were) not to die, then who do these verses speak of?

Isaiah 53:8-9 He was taken from prison and from judgment, And who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; For the transgressions of My people He was stricken. {9} And they made His grave with the wicked; But with the rich at His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was any deceit in His mouth.

Isaiah 53:5-6 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. {6} All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

(Isaiah 53:10-12 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand. {11} He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities. {12} Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
No. After he founded Christianity he ceased to be Jewish. (Acts 11:26) Then, he started using a Jew (Jesus) to teach against his own Faith which was Judaism. And that's the reason why I am here: To stand for the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.

Then why did Yeshua call himself the I AM in the 4 books of the Pauline texts?

Why did He reference His Father as Y-WH?

Why is there no evidence that the person named Yeshua Ben Yoseph that was crucified never rose? Certainly the Jewish teachers that disliked Him and the powers of the government would have gone to great lengths to stop that message.

Why did many that walked with Him die at the hands of religion and government for proclaiming his Deity? Why are there extra biblical accounts of his death and resurrection from followers that walked with Him?

Why hasn't Jusahism produced more Y-WH breathed writings, that carry the weight of the Tanakh, since the 400 years before the arrival of Yeshua?

Why are there extra biblical accounts about people recognizing Yeshua as Eloh-m in the century He died in and from people that knew Him as friends?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
* I reference the 27 books that Christians call "New Testament" as Pauline texts, because they all now carry the same message, even when removed from one another.

Ben Masada

Then why did Yeshua call himself the I AM in the 4 books of the Pauline texts?

He didn't, Nameless. Neither Jesus nor any other Jew wrote a single page of the NT. To have done so, he would have been a mental case. Every Jew knows that he is not God.

Why did He reference His Father as Y-WH?

Again, he didn't. I mean, not literally. He knew that his father was Joseph. God could not have been his biological father.

Why is there no evidence that the person named Yeshua Ben Yoseph that was crucified never rose? Certainly the Jewish teachers that disliked Him and the powers of the government would have gone to great lengths to stop that message.

The lack of evidence that Jesus ever rose is found in II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc. Since Jesus was a Jew, he was aware that, once dead, no one ever returns from the grave.

Why did many that walked with Him die at the hands of religion and government for proclaiming his Deity? Why are there extra biblical accounts of his death and resurrection from followers that walked with Him?

Not a single follower of Jesus proclaimed his deity. Not a single follower of Jesus ever wrote about his resurrection. They knew that bodily resurrection is not approved by the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach as I have mentioned above with King David, Prophet Isaiah and Job.

Why hasn't Jusahism produced more Y-WH breathed writings, that carry the weight of the Tanakh, since the 400 years before the arrival of Yeshua?

Perhaps because of Deuteronomy 4:2. Fear to add to what has been written. Evidence is that, before the Canon of the Scriptures was organized, the Scribe Ezra wrote a lot. And the books of the Maccabees were written before the arrival of Yeshua.

Why are there extra biblical accounts about people recognizing Yeshua as Eloh-m in the century He died in and from people that knew Him as friends?

Would you please mention one to me? In spite of the NT which was written many years after Jesus had been gone, I know of none that was written by his friends.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
He didn't, Nameless. Neither Jesus nor any other Jew wrote a single page of the NT. To have done so, he would have been a mental case. Every Jew knows that he is not God.

Again, he didn't. I mean, not literally. He knew that his father was Joseph. God could not have been his biological father.

The lack of evidence that Jesus ever rose is found in II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc. Since Jesus was a Jew, he was aware that, once dead, no one ever returns from the grave.

Not a single follower of Jesus proclaimed his deity. Not a single follower of Jesus ever wrote about his resurrection. They knew that bodily resurrection is not approved by the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach as I have mentioned above with King David, Prophet Isaiah and Job.

Perhaps because of Deuteronomy 4:2. Fear to add to what has been written. Evidence is that, before the Canon of the Scriptures was organized, the Scribe Ezra wrote a lot. And the books of the Maccabees were written before the arrival of Yeshua.

Would you please mention one to me? In spite of the NT which was written many years after Jesus had been gone, I know of none that was written by his friends.

Ben, excellent points. I will have to get more scholarly about the earlier points you made about Yeshua's words.

But, in direct response to extra biblical references... Continued on following post

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Ben, continued from my post above... Following is a list of extra-biblical (outside of the Bible) references of biblical events, places, etc. The list is not exhaustive but is very representative of what is available.

Flavius Josephus (AD 37?-101?, a Jewish historian) mentions John the Baptist and Herod - Antiquities, Book 18, ch. 5, par. 2
"Now some of the Jews thought that the destruction of Herod's army came from God, and that very justly, as a punishment of what he did against John, that was called the Baptist: for Herod slew him, who was a good man, and commanded the Jews to exercise virtue, both as to righteousness towards one another, and piety towards God, and so to come to baptism; for that the washing [with water] would be acceptable to him, if they made use of it, not in order to the putting away [or the remission] of some sins [only], but for the purification of the body; supposing still that the soul was thoroughly purified beforehand by righteousness."
Flavius Josephus (AD 37?-101?) mentions Jesus - Antiquities, Book 18, ch. 3, par. 3.
Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, (9) those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; (10) as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.
There is debate among scholars as to the authenticity of this quote since it is so favorable to Jesus. For more information on this, please see Regarding the quotes from the historian Josephus about Jesus
Flavius Josephus (AD 37?-101?) mentions James, the brother of Jesus - Antiquities, Book 20, ch. 9.
"Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others, [or, some of his companions]; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done."
Flavius Josephus (AD 37?-101?) mentions Ananias the High Priest who was mentioned in Acts 23:2
Now as soon as Albinus was come to the city of Jerusalem, he used all his endeavors and care that the country might be kept in peace, and this by destroying many of the Sicarii. But as for the high priest, Ananias (25) he increased in glory every day, and this to a great degree, and had obtained the favor and esteem of the citizens in a signal manner; for he was a great hoarder up of money
Acts 23:2, "And the high priest Ananias commanded those standing beside him to strike him [Paul] on the mouth."
Tacitus (A.D. c.55-A.D. c.117, Roman historian) mentions "Christus" who is Jesus - Annals 15.44
"Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular."
Ref. from http://classics.mit.edu/Tacitus/annals.mb.txt
Thallus (Circa AD 52, eclipse of the sun) Thallus wrote a history of the Eastern Mediterranean world from the Trojan War to his own time. His writings are only found as citations by others. Julius Africanus, who wrote about AD 221, mentioned Thallus' account of an eclipse of the sun.
"On the whole world there pressed a most fearful darkness; and the rocks were rent by an earthquake, and many places in Judea and other districts were thrown down. This darkness Thallus, in the third book of his History, calls, as appears to me without reason, an eclipse of the sun."
Is this a reference to the eclipse at the crucifixion? Luke 23:44-45, "And it was now about the sixth hour, and darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour, 45 the sun being obscured; and the veil of the temple was torn in two."
The oddity is that Jesus' crucifixion occurred at the Passover which was a full moon. It is not possible for a solar eclipse to occur at a full moon. Note that Julius Africanus draws the conclusion that Thallus' mentioning of the eclipse was describing the one at Jesus' crucifixion. It may not have been.
Julius Africanus, Extant Writings, XVIII in the Ante Nicene Fathers, ed. by Alexander Roberts and James Donaldson (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1973), vol. VI, p. 130. as cited in Habermas, Gary R., The Historical Jesus: Ancient Evidence for the Life of Christ, (Joplin, MO: College Press Publishing Company) 1996.
Pliny the Younger mentioned Christ. Pliny was governor of Bithynia in Asia Minor. Pliny wrote ten books. The tenth around AD 112.
"They (the Christians) were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath, not to any wicked deeds, but never to commit any fraud, theft or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up; after which it was their custom to separate, and then reassemble to partake of food but food of an ordinary and innocent kind."
Pliny, Letters, transl. by William Melmoth, rev. by W.M.L. Hutchinson (Cambridge: Harvard Univ. Press, 1935), vol. II, X:96 as cited in Habermas, Gary R., The Historical Jesus: Ancient Evidence for the Life of Christ, (Joplin, MO: College Press Publishing Company) 1996.
The Talmud
"On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald went forth and cried, "He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy. Any one who can say anything in his favor, let him come forward and plead on his behalf." But since nothing was brought forward in his favor he was hanged on the eve of the Passover!"
Gal. 3:13, "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree."
Luke 22:1-2, "Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread, which is called the Passover, was approaching. 2And the chief priests and the scribes were seeking how they might put Him to death; for they were afraid of the people."
This quotation was taken from the reading in The Babylonian Talmud, transl. by I. Epstein (London: Soncino, 1935), vol. III, Sanhedrin 43a, p. 281 as cited in Habermas, Gary R., The Historical Jesus: Ancient Evidence for the Life of Christ, (Joplin, MO: College Press Publishing Company) 1996.
Lucian (circa 120-after 180) mentions Jesus. Greek writer and rhetorician.
"The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account. . . . You see, these misguided creatures start with the general conviction that they are immortal for all time, which explains the contempt of death and voluntary self-devotion which are so common among them; and then it was impressed on them by their original lawgiver that they are all brothers, from the moment that they are converted, and deny the gods of Greece, and worship the crucified sage, and live after his laws. All this they take quite on faith, with the result that they despise all worldly goods alike, regarding them merely as common property."
Lucian, The Death of Peregrine, 1113, in The Works of Lucian of Samosata, transl. by H.W. Fowler and F.G. Fowler, 4 vols. (Oxford: Clarendon, 1949), vol. 4, as cited in Habermas, Gary R., The Historical Jesus: Ancient Evidence for the Life of Christ, (Joplin, MO: College Press Publishing Company) 1996.
Though Lucian opposed Christianity, he acknowledges Jesus, that Jesus was crucified, that Christians worship him, and that this was done by faith.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Also, the transmission of scripture is a study that I have engrossed myself in. Both Hebrew archeology and Priestly maintained scrolls from the temple to today, as well as the 27 books that Christondom Canonized. I will add the Jewish transmission of letters and books written about Jesus.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Scholarly transmission of scripture. Preservation of early church writings.

John (6-100AD) was the youngest of Jesus’ disciples. He was the son of Zebedee and Salome and the brother of James. While a young man, John witnessed the life of Jesus and saw firsthand many of the amazing miracles Jesus performed. John also witnessed the Resurrection. John wrote his Gospel as an eyewitness account, accurately reflecting the truth related to what he observed as a disciple of Jesus. This Gospel is a critical piece of evidence from the “crime scene” and John taught three important students and passed his Gospel into their trusted hands. These three men (Ignatius, Papias and Polycarp) became important early Church leaders in their own right and wrote about what they learned from John.

John Taught Ignatius, Papias and Polycarp
Ignatius (35-117AD) also called himself “Theophorus” (which means “God Bearer”). Church tradition describes Ignatius as one of the children that Jesus blessed in the Gospel accounts. Ignatius was a student of John and eventually became Bishop at Antioch, (Turkey), following the Apostle Peter. He wrote several important letters to the early Church and seven of them survive to this day. These letters are important because they demonstrate the New Testament documents were already written and familiar to the early Christians. Ignatius quoted or alluded to many New Testament books (including Matthew, John and Luke, and several, if not all, of Paul’s letters). Ignatius provides us with a link in the Chain of Custody related to the original eyewitness accounts, demonstrating they were written very early and entrusted directly to key disciples who guarded them as Scripture.

Papias (60-135AD) was described by Irenaeus as a “hearer of John, and companion of Polycarp, a man of old time”. He eventually became the Bishop of Hierapolis (now known as Pamukake in Turkey). He was quite familiar with the oral testimony of the eyewitnesses during the early documentation of their Gospel accounts. These documents were still being written and circulated during Papias’ early lifetime. Papias wrote a lengthy five-volume treatise called “Interpretations of the Sayings of the Lord”, but this text has been lost to us. Papias’ work (as quoted later by Eusebius), alludes to many Gospel passages and stories. Papias represents another link in the chain of custody, learning from John and the other eyewitnesses and passing this information down to the next generation.

Polycarp (69-155AD) was a friend of Ignatius and a student of John. Irenaeus later testified that he once heard Polycarp talk about his conversations with John, and Polycarp was known to have been converted to Christianity by the eyewitness Apostles themselves. Polycarp eventually became the Bishop of Smyrna (now known as Izmir in Turkey) and wrote a letter to the Philippians that references fourteen to sixteen New Testament books (including Matthew, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 1 Peter and 1 John, with some scholars observing additional references to 2 Timothy and 2 Corinthians). Polycarp’s letter demonstrates the early texts were in circulation and familiar to the Philippians, making Polycarp’s references in his letter all the more meaningful.

Ignatius, Papias and Polycarp Taught Irenaeus
Irenaeus (120-202AD) was born in Smyrna, the city where Polycarp served as Bishop. He was raised in a Christian family and was a “hearer” of Polycarp; he later recalled hearing Polycarp talk about his conversations with the Apostle John. He eventually became a priest (and then the Bishop) of Lugdunum in Gaul (presently known as Lyons, France). Irenaeus matured into a theologian and apologist and wrote an important work called “Adversus Haereses” (Against Heresies). This refined response to the heresy of Gnosticism provided Irenaeus with the opportunity to address the issue of Scriptural authority and he identified as many as twenty-four New Testament books as Scripture (including Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, 1 Peter, 1 John, 2 John and Revelation). Irenaeus provides us with another link in the chain of custody, affirming the established eyewitness accounts and faithfully preserving them for the next generation.

Irenaeus Taught Hippolytus
Hippolytus (170-236AD) was born in Rome and was a disciple of Irenaeus. As he grew into a position of leadership, he opposed Roman Bishops who modified their beliefs to accommodate the large number of pagans who were coming to faith in the city. In taking a stand for orthodoxy, he became known as the first “anti-pope” or “rival pope” in Christian history. He was an accomplished speaker of great learning, influencing a number of important Christian leaders such as Origen of Alexandria (who heard him preaching while he was a presbyter under Pope Zephyrinus). Hippolytus wrote a huge ten-volume treatise called, “Refutation of All Heresies”. In this expansive work, Hippolytus identified as many as twenty-four New Testament books as Scripture (including Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, 1 Peter, 1 John, 2 John and Revelation). Unfortunately, Hippolytus was persecuted under Emperor Maximus Thrax and exiled to Sardinia where he most likely died in the mines.

............ Obviously from John the Beloved on, the Jews no longer preserved writings, but John himself was one of the 12 deciles of Yeshewa.