What does God's Holy Law Demand?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You cannot debate people in such a way. Your presumptions are from your imagination and ruin the discussion. Stick to exactly what is said and not what your imagination would like you to hear.
I can't make an argument because you're unable to follow it?

Is that really what you meant to suggest?

I am giving scriptures.
In response to the wrong point!

What you say is NOWHERE in the Bible. It is from the imagination of men.

I quoted the scripture references, ding bat!

Which point didn't happen?

1. Jesus hand picked the Twelve apostles, none of which were Saul from Tarsus - could have been - but wasn't.
2. The resurrected Jesus gives the remaining eleven Apostles the Great Commission. Still no Saul of Tarsus around, anywhere.
3. The resurrected and ascended Jesus sends the Holy Spirit to all twelve of the Apostles including Matthias. - again - no Saul of Tarsus!
4. Saul is converted and becomes Paul after the Sanhedrin reject Stephen's "irresistible wisdom" and stone him - probably with Saul's direct oversight if not direct participation.
5. The Twelve DO NOT obey the Great Commission, instead electing to stay in Israel and minister to "the circumcision".
6. Paul is sent to preach to the whole world a message that YOU CLAIM IS THE EXACT SAME GOSPEL MESSAGE AS THE TWELVE but which he calls "my gospel" and which he claims to have received by revelation directly from Jesus.

Which of those six things didn't happen? Which of them am I imagining?

I'll tell you this. I'd better be imagining them or else your doctrine is in big trouble! What sort of doctrinal system can't account for something as obviously critical to the Christian faith as Paul's existence as an Apostle and the refusal of the Twelve to obey the Great Commission?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We did keep them, we have them. We just can't obey them
This should help you.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G5083&t=NKJV
I'm betting that you DON'T love God with all your heart, mind and soul and YOU DON'T love your neighbor as yourself. You just think you do, and what's worse is you SAY you do.
It's not something to bet about it is something to do. Each and every one of us should do this. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, soul, and might (heart, soul, mind, and strength).

Robert Pate

Banned
This should help you.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G5083&t=NKJV

It's not something to bet about it is something to do. Each and every one of us should do this. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, soul, and might (heart, soul, mind, and strength).

"And your neighbor as yourself" God is easy to love because he is righteous and without sin. But my neighbor is the worst of all sinners. I would like to take a baseball bat to him, but I would probably be arrested.

Ben Masada

WE ARE SINNERS

I know. There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned. (Ecclesiastes 7:20) And mind you that Jesus was included. He was a man upon earth for 33 years. Anyhow, the NT itself reports that Jesus broke the Law for a few times as he broke the Golden Rule which covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Multiplicity of transgressions right there. (Matthew 23:13-33)

Robert Pate

Banned
I know. There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned. (Ecclesiastes 7:20) And mind you that Jesus was included. He was a man upon earth for 33 years. Anyhow, the NT itself reports that Jesus broke the Law for a few times as he broke the Golden Rule which covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Multiplicity of transgressions right there. (Matthew 23:13-33)

The law demands that you be absolutely and totally perfect. Jesus said, "Be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect" Since we are all born after Adam, Romans 5:12. "There is none righteous, no, not one "Romans 3:10. So, you have a choice. You can trust in Christ as your savior, or you can trust in your ability to keep the law and try to be perfect.

Ben Masada

The law demands that you be absolutely and totally perfect. Jesus said, "Be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect" Since we are all born after Adam, Romans 5:12."There is none righteous, no, not one "Romans 3:10. So, you have a choice. You can trust in Christ as your savior, or you can trust in your ability to keep the law and try to be perfect.

No, it does not. If it did, the Most High would not have inspired his Servant Prophet Isaiah to teach us how to get things right with the Lord when we break the Law by repenting and returning to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19) Perhaps the law that demands perfection is the Hellenist law of Paul who was always in search of reasons to promote his policy of Replacement Theology.

God's Truth

Jesus came and gave us the guidelines for the NEW Covenant.

The Pharisees and teachers of the law did not give mercy to law breakers.

Jesus taught how to exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

When Jesus shed his blood on the cross, he shed his blood for the New Covenant.

Robert Pate

Banned
No, it does not. If it did, the Most High would not have inspired his Servant Prophet Isaiah to teach us how to get things right with the Lord when we break the Law by repenting and returning to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19) Perhaps the law that demands perfection is the Hellenist law of Paul who was always in search of reasons to promote his policy of Replacement Theology.

So, you believe that you can violate God's Holy Law and then return to a right relationship with him by repenting.

To bad that Adam and Eve didn't know that.

God's Truth

The law demands that you be absolutely and totally perfect. Jesus said, "Be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect" Since we are all born after Adam, Romans 5:12. "There is none righteous, no, not one "Romans 3:10. So, you have a choice. You can trust in Christ as your savior, or you can trust in your ability to keep the law and try to be perfect.

We have to obey and we have to ask for forgiveness if we sin. Repenting and asking for forgiveness IS OBEYING.

God's Truth

Why don't you ever answer? Tell me how you obey Moses without a tent/temple and without a blood offering?

Robert Pate

Banned
We have to obey and we have to ask for forgiveness if we sin. Repenting and asking for forgiveness IS OBEYING.

Repenting and forgiveness of sins is available only to those who are "In Christ". And then that is only for your own peace of mind. As far as God is concerned you are already perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10.

God's Truth

Here is what Jesus said.

John 14:15 (NKJV)
15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Do you think that when I speak of Jesus and say keep my commandments it means my commandments?

You are either learning disabled or contentious, IMHO.

Do you think when Jesus says to keep his commandments it means to put them under your pillow?

It means OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS.

God's Truth

Repenting and forgiveness of sins is available only to those who are "In Christ". And then that is only for your own peace of mind. As far as God is concerned you are already perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10.

That is NOT what God says. The scriptures say to repent and then get in Christ.

God's Truth

The scriptures say that AFTER you are in Christ, you are to CONTINUE TO OBEY, but if you mess up---repent and obey and that IS also obeying.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you think that when I speak of Jesus and say keep my commandments it means my commandments?

You are either learning disabled or contentious, IMHO.

Do you think when Jesus says to keep his commandments it means to put them under your pillow?

It means OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS.
I have nothing against obeying His commandments. You may have been misunderstood.

Robert Pate

Banned
That is NOT what God says. The scriptures say to repent and then get in Christ.

Repenting and getting in Christ is not the way that it works.

All that were saved in the New Testament, first heard the Gospel, then they believed and were saved. Repentance was a by product of hearing and believing the Gospel.

Paul said, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

God's Truth

Repenting and getting in Christ is not the way that it works.

All that were saved in the New Testament, first heard the Gospel, then they believed and were saved. Repentance was a by product of hearing and believing the Gospel.

Paul said, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

You were already proven wrong about the 'no works' Paul speaks about. According to your false beliefs, Paul contradicted EVERYTHING the Father and Jesus said before the beginning of time---so to RECTIFY THAT, you have Paul as one with a whole DIFFERENT GOSPEL.

WOW, think about that evil mess for a while.