What does God's Holy Law Demand?

God's Truth

This is where you have missed it. THE WHOLE WORLD HAS ALREADY BEEN RECONCILED UNTO GOD BY JESUS CHRIST.

You are badly mistaken. If the whole world has already been reconciled to God by Jesus---then no one would have to know about Jesus.

As the scripture says, we do not ENTER thatgrace unless we have faith that is alive with obedience.

So that now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

If you call on Jesus' name---YOU HAD BETTER BE OBEYING HIM.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

What don't you get about Jesus' words STAND FOREVER?

No works, no obedience, no nothing. salvation is by grace through faith, plus nothing.

No more PURIFICATION/CEREMONIAL WORKS!

Jesus didn't die and do away with everything he said!

God did not nail obedience to the cross!

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone, faith and right actions works together, faith is made complete by right action. See James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

You don't go by James?

What does Paul say?

I will tell you what Paul says!

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are badly mistaken. If the whole world has already been reconciled to God by Jesus---then no one would have to know about Jesus.

As the scripture says, we do not ENTER thatgrace unless we have faith that is alive with obedience.

If you call on Jesus' name---YOU HAD BETTER BE OBEYING HIM.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

What don't you get about Jesus' words STAND FOREVER?

No more PURIFICATION/CEREMONIAL WORKS!

Jesus didn't die and do away with everything he said!

God did not nail obedience to the cross!

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone, faith and right actions works together, faith is made complete by right action. See James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

You don't go by James?

What does Paul say?

I will tell you what Paul says!

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

The thief on the cross was saved by grace through faith. Just like we are saved today. We have no merit or righteousness that God will accept. Our righteousness is in heaven at the right hand of God. You reject that righteousness and try to establish your own righteousness, that will disappear in a puff of smoke in the judgment.

God's Truth

The thief on the cross was saved by grace through faith. Just like we are saved today. We have no merit or righteousness that God will accept. Our righteousness is in heaven at the right hand of God. You reject that righteousness and try to establish your own righteousness, that will disappear in a puff of smoke in the judgment.

Both thieves on the cross BELIEVED in Jesus. The one thief on the cross obeyed, the other thief on the cross did not.

The thief on the cross FEARED GOD. The scriptures say those who want to be saved have to fear God.

He also admitted he was a sinner. We have to admit we are sinners.

He confessed his sin. We have to confess our sins.

He acknowledged Jesus before others. Jesus says if we acknowledge him before others he will acknowledge us before the Father.

He called on Jesus to save him. We are told to call on the name of the Lord.

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Christ? Save yourself and us!” Luke 23:39. But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Luke 23:40-43. Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

The thief on the cross obeyed.

Faith alone is dead.

beloved57

Both thieves on the cross BELIEVED in Jesus. The one thief on the cross obeyed, the other thief on the cross did not.

The thief on the cross FEARED GOD. The scriptures say those who want to be saved have to fear God.

He also admitted he was a sinner. We have to admit we are sinners.

He confessed his sin. We have to confess our sins.

He acknowledged Jesus before others. Jesus says if we acknowledge him before others he will acknowledge us before the Father.

He called on Jesus to save him. We are told to call on the name of the Lord.

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Christ? Save yourself and us!” Luke 23:39. But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Luke 23:40-43. Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

The thief on the cross obeyed.

Faith alone is dead.

Those Christ died for are made righteous solely by His obedience alone, the obedience of one Rom 5:19!

beloved57

You teach salvation by works, by what man does. You teach that those Christ died for can and do die in their sins in unbelief, which defeats the purpose of His Death.

God's Truth

You teach salvation by works, by what man does. You teach that those Christ died for can and do die in their sins in unbelief, which defeats the purpose of His Death.

You are crowding out a discussion with your copy/paste repeated replies. Will you please stop that?

Robert Pate

Banned

You had better get under the umbrella of God's grace because his wrath is going to rain down on you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Many are called few are chosen does not change what I said.

The promise is for you and those who are off are about the far off Gentiles.
These are verses to consider.

1 Thessalonians 5:24 is about believers I believe, unless some in the church were not yet saved. Theologically I believe a person must be saved to be in the church. Was Paul's audience (for this his letter or epistle) the Thessalonian church?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God calls people to Himself, and the promise is for them.

Acts 2:39 NASB - "For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."

Another verse to consider with this word call, calls, called, is this verse (1 Thessalonians 5:24 is another, these are all different contexts).

Matthew 22:14 NASB - "For many are called, but few are chosen."
...Who saved us and called us to a holy calling.
2 Timothy 1:9

God's Truth

You teach the same type of false gospel , salvation by what a person does.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Yes I do.

Romans 2:10 10but glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good, first for the Jew, then for the Greek. 11For God does not show favoritism. 12All who sin apart from the Law will also perish apart from the Law, and all who sin under the Law will be judged by the Law.…

Acts 10:34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.In the future, when Christ has brought all of creation into subjection, He will present it to the Father....as it says.

beloved57

Yes I do.

Romans 2:10 10but glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good, first for the Jew, then for the Greek. 11For God does not show favoritism. 12All who sin apart from the Law will also perish apart from the Law, and all who sin under the Law will be judged by the Law.…

Acts 10:34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.In the future, when Christ has brought all of creation into subjection, He will present it to the Father....as it says.
You teach a false gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
The God of Calvinism is divisive and unjust.

Who could possible love a God that gives life for the sole purpose of sending it to hell?

It is not possible to trust and love the God of Calvinism.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

You teach that the meaning of 'grace' is synonymous with 'chosen arbitrarily', which completely defeats the purpose of His death!

If God can do anything He wants and remain just, where's the need for the crucifixion?

There isn't one!

beloved57

You teach that the meaning of 'grace' is synonymous with 'arbitrary', which completely defeats the purpose of His death!

If God can do anything He wants and remain just, where's the need for the crucifixion? There isn't one.
I don't believe in your jesus or god.